THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue's Presser

stillmotion

40 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

IF Jimmy keeps Hue all of the 2019 season regardless of Hue's record this year, He is an IDIOT. And Hue Jackson is for sure banging his wife and cucking him

Wait!!! I've got Schoolie convinced that Mrs.Jackson is clucking Dee Haslam for donations to the Jackson Foundation..that's our story & were sticking to it😎..Edit--🎵I can see clearly now the broken glass wind--shield's  gone..I can see more obstacles in Hue's Bus way..🎶

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jcam222 said:

The thing is you MAY be right but don’t know that. Hues never called the offense for a roster that had talent in Cleveland. 

He absolutely sucked as a playcaller, particularly in the redzone. Additionally he is the poorest clock/TO manager I have seen on any level except maybe middle school.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He absolutely sucked as a playcaller, particularly in the redzone. Additionally he is the poorest clock/TO manager I have seen on any level except maybe middle school.

You are right on the clock management I’ll give you that. I’m not even saying he’s a good OC, simply not convinced Haley is better. 

5 hours ago, jcam222 said:

You are right on the clock management I’ll give you that. I’m not even saying he’s a good OC, simply not convinced Haley is better. 

I don't know Jcam. We don't even have a big enough sample size on Haley. Plus Hue goes for it when Todd doesn't even want him to. Also, Todd has to get his plays approved from freaking Hue. Maybe just sometimes or all of the time, but I believe Hue already is acting power hungry over Todd.

I say let Todd do his thing, trust him. DON'T make him get everything approved your way. DON'T tell him things have to be different or to be my way or that "I'm the captain of the ship".

I equate it to when you work for someone, even in a contract job or short term, and they want everything exactly their way.

Lets say you do something AMAZING. You've been doing it for 7 years. You've never had anyone question how you do it. Then someone wants you to re-do the work without pay with the list of 40 changes.

Even though money is good, there's a good chance you'd either tell them to a) f#$% off or b) do things your own way anyway

I think maybe Todd did that with playing Hyde more than Chubb. So Hue colluded with Dorsey to trade Hyde immediately. This, in turn, forces Todd to use Chubb more, whether he thinks he's ready to be a full time back or not.

Problem is Haley and Williams are such large personalities, and Hue Jackson is such a weak personality, matched with a big ego, so clashing was inevitable. Haley and Williams don't seem to be like the guys who bow down to Hue's every saying. And Hue can be wrong too, but I've never seen him admit it.

His offense was 1-31. Even though Todd's O has been horrendous at times, he's never came close to that. So before we cast him off as the worst ever, and banish him, just remember this is filling Hue's narrative, and helping him pitch his 2019 schtick of getting another year to make the team better.

I cannot Deal with Hue coaching in 2019. I think we should wait the rest of the year to fire him, but I can't mentally watch him say he came here to win for years, while never winning.

4 hours ago, stillmotion said:

I cannot Deal with Hue coaching in 2019. I think we should wait the rest of the year to fire him, but I can't mentally watch him say he came here to win for years, while never winning.

There it is in a nutshell. But I'd start looking for a replacement right now, not wait until the good ones are already taken. Dorsey should be given permission right now to replace him at season's end. He has already proven himself to be one of the worst gameday coaches in NFL history. No more evidence is needed at this point.

13 hours ago, stillmotion said:

I don't know Jcam. We don't even have a big enough sample size on Haley. Plus Hue goes for it when Todd doesn't even want him to. Also, Todd has to get his plays approved from freaking Hue. Maybe just sometimes or all of the time, but I believe Hue already is acting power hungry over Todd.

I say let Todd do his thing, trust him. DON'T make him get everything approved your way. DON'T tell him things have to be different or to be my way or that "I'm the captain of the ship".

I equate it to when you work for someone, even in a contract job or short term, and they want everything exactly their way.

Lets say you do something AMAZING. You've been doing it for 7 years. You've never had anyone question how you do it. Then someone wants you to re-do the work without pay with the list of 40 changes.

Even though money is good, there's a good chance you'd either tell them to a) f#$% off or b) do things your own way anyway

I think maybe Todd did that with playing Hyde more than Chubb. So Hue colluded with Dorsey to trade Hyde immediately. This, in turn, forces Todd to use Chubb more, whether he thinks he's ready to be a full time back or not.

Problem is Haley and Williams are such large personalities, and Hue Jackson is such a weak personality, matched with a big ego, so clashing was inevitable. Haley and Williams don't seem to be like the guys who bow down to Hue's every saying. And Hue can be wrong too, but I've never seen him admit it.

His offense was 1-31. Even though Todd's O has been horrendous at times, he's never came close to that. So before we cast him off as the worst ever, and banish him, just remember this is filling Hue's narrative, and helping him pitch his 2019 schtick of getting another year to make the team better.

If what I bolded is true I would lean a little more your way. Not sure it is though. The one thing I will agree with everyone on Hue is that you don't air your dirty laundry in public. He has a terrible habit of doing that. 

43 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

If what I bolded is true I would lean a little more your way. Not sure it is though. The one thing I will agree with everyone on Hue is that you don't air your dirty laundry in public. He has a terrible habit of doing that. 

Hue said it was true in the presser. He didn't say if it was every play, or only critical situations, but he said that during his post game presser.

I know Haley has been horrible, but i refuse to judge someone so dang quickly when Hue gets 3 years to be judged.

10 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Haley or Hue does it really matter?

Pittsburgh is averaging over 3 more points per game than last year & yards per play is up from 5.8 to 6.2 and that’s without Le’Veon Bell 

I said from day 1, Haley is a dink and dump.fizzle. So is Hue. Perfect.storm but Haley is the scapegoat. Hue is the HC through 2019

On 10/21/2018 at 5:16 PM, D Bone said:

It's like I just lost a tooth and I'm closing my eyes with it tucked neatly under my pillow...... can't wait to wake up and see what the Fairy left me. 

...... left me with nothing but the same old stinky, bald, rotten tooth.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

I said from day 1, Haley is a dink and dump.fizzle. So is Hue. Perfect.storm but Haley is the scapegoat. Hue is the HC through 2019

You have and I give you credit for it. You were right about Hue. But with a coach like McVay next year, the Browns have hope.

Hopefully Dorsey is smart enough to see through Hue.

17 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

You have and I give you credit for it. You were right about Hue. But with a coach like McVay next year, the Browns have hope.

Hopefully Dorsey is smart enough to see through Hue.

Still,

I take no pride in being right about Hue. It does, however, frustrate me to see so man here hypnotized by analytics, stats, and talking heads bullcrap. My Dad always drilled home with me that my success, anyone's success is profoundly centered in discipline and fundamentals. I am not a football genius, but through blessings in life, I have learned a lot about how and why people perform and succeed or fail. Marty and Sam both had SB caliber teams, but they were both too focused on performance and not fundamentals. In times of crises, they always fell short and were dumbfounded. Honestly, Red Right 88, The Drive, and The Fumble.....and more were games lost due to the lack of discipline. 

When Hue took over, the #1 problem with the Browns was a lack of discipline, One Training camps is all I would need to change that behavior forever more. One season is all it would have taken me to eliminate that cancer. Every year I go to training camp and every year it is the same thing......focus on plays, speed, jumping, and all the bullschidt that these players have been doing all their lives.

These things are the least deserving of practice time. These skills are innate, a WR knows how to catch, an RB knows how to hit a hole.....Hue is stupid, and his players are stupid. Over and over, when they are about to get the ball back, or when they make a great play, they cause themselves harm. They do things like call running plays on 2nd and 1, or try to block a punt deep in the opponents own territory when the O needs the ball back. You name it, in crucial situations, Hue's players are the dumbest bastards on earth. When crunch time comes, it is discipline that makes the difference, not talent.

Regarding Hue, I lot of people won't ever get my take, but as a business owner, as a guy who started companies from an idea,  the thought of firing Hue Jackson is so ridiculous that I can't believe we are talking about it. Think about all the heat the media have brought down on the Browns for constantly changing ship. Now imagine we go 5 wins. And we fire Hue? Fire a man who went from 0 -16 to 5 - 10 -1? Do you see the conundrum here? Here the Browns are, improved, and we are going to blow it up again?

If I am the CEO, I am not taking the heat for firing a guy who improved my 0 - 16 team. I think Haley goes first. After that? I believe you would have a war between Hue and Dorsey. If Gordon plays large, Baker is just so-so, Barkley shines large, and the Browns are still a mess at, say 3 - 12 - 1 ? Haley will be first to go, then my bet is that Dorsey is gone. I don't see Williams ever being given the HC job.

I hope the teams wins 8 and impresses. Then none of this crap will matter. 

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I saw that first hand in Tampa. Way too much of dump it off for 5 yards when it's third and ten- or worse. there is take what the defense gives you, but it was frustrating. Baker was off on his deep throws. 

And way too many dumb penalties. 

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I saw that first hand in Tampa. Way too much of dump it off for 5 yards when it's third and ten- or worse. there is take what the defense gives you, but it was frustrating. Baker was off on his deep throws. 

And way too many dumb penalties. 

Larry, the quick stuff is good, and Baker is really as quick as Montana at releasing to it. The problem as I see it is that because the Browns don't have real threats, both Haley and the opposition play the odds, so Baker is screwed, he doesn't have the options of faking short, going long, and vice versa. You would have to be blind and stupid after seeing the first game to not believe that if they play near-perfectly, they can disrupt Ben and make a game of this. But they can't be predictable and they can't put Baker into a barrel of water with the Steelers armed with shotguns.

Here is my take on Sunday. Steeler logic is probably going to be to play all type of zones and pressure Baker with coverage. If I am Haley, or Hue, or whoever runs the O, I would start my 1st offensive series looking like we were going to run, and try to rebuild Baker's confidence with the short game. RIght off the bat, let the bastards think we are falling into their scheme. THen boom, right of the bat, a play action or misdirection and get some yards over the middle, and go right into a hurry up. As good as Belichik is, even he needs an entire half to adjust. So st half pass like hell and use the run sparingly. Second half, then switch to a shorter, ball control game and let Chubb pound away.

Whatever the game plan they can't be predictable and afraid. I always say no 5 Ol can block 8 men salivating on a short play.

I don't know how the coaches break this horse crap, but they are going to kill Baker if they don't start getting creative and daring. I believe Baker had a QB rating of 104 + last week? ANd our O doesn't light it up? This is like self-immolation with this offensive coaching.

I don't think Hue is a good coach. I think he is a really good, decent man. I also think Haslam must have made a 5-year committment to him when he hired him. Why else would Hue be so calm and self-assured that he isn't going anywhere. I saw a story on Yahoo where Hue told reporters he isn't going anywhere and he knows this from talking to Jimmy and Dorsey. EIther Hue is the most carefree guy on Earth, or he knows something that we don't about his career stability.

We shall see. 

On 10/22/2018 at 3:25 PM, flyingfooldoug said:

So does hue stretch his record beyond 40 losses? Does anyone think his record will get broken within 30 years?  

My bet is that hue never gets another nfl job after his stint here. He’s just flat out all around terrible at coaching. 

He'll be the next Bengals HC

13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I don't think Hue is a good coach. I think he is a really good, decent man. I also think Haslam must have made a 5-year committment to him when he hired him. Why else would Hue be so calm and self-assured that he isn't going anywhere. I saw a story on Yahoo where Hue told reporters he isn't going anywhere and he knows this from talking to Jimmy and Dorsey. EIther Hue is the most carefree guy on Earth, or he knows something that we don't about his career stability.

We shall see. 

The calm before the storm.  You think he is not worried because he has a committment.  I say he is not worried because even if he is fired, he still gets paid.  And that may be what he is in it for.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The calm before the storm.  You think he is not worried because he has a committment.  I say he is not worried because even if he is fired, he still gets paid.  And that may be what he is in it for.

Problem is Hue didn't seem worried, came off as arrogant Monday, and said he felt, "no pressure to win now by Jimmy".

That's an awfully arrogant thing to say.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2018/10/23/cleveland-browns-hue-jackson-says-job-safe/

23 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Hue said it was true in the presser. He didn't say if it was every play, or only critical situations, but he said that during his post game presser.

I know Haley has been horrible, but i refuse to judge someone so dang quickly when Hue gets 3 years to be judged.

Regarding calling plays- Says the guy (Hue) who's so organized- he had to call a time out after the opening kickoff, for those with a short memory. Has to be at least a dozen head scratching calls besides- the latest being not kicking the FG in the second quarter against Tampa when you were down 16-2. I didn't and still don't buy his BS excuse. 

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

Problem is Hue didn't seem worried, came off as arrogant Monday, and said he felt, "no pressure to win now by Jimmy".

Hey Jimmuh- you may not feel any pressure to win, but the fans are getting pretty fed up with the "close, but no cigar" losses.   

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Hey Jimmuh- you may not feel any pressure to win, but the fans are getting pretty fed up with the "close, but no cigar" losses.   

I doubt Jimmy cares about winning as much as revenue. Picking Johnny Football was to sell jerseys and headlines. Pettine and others wanted Garrapolo or Carr. Hiring Dorsey was a step in the right direction, but how do you define "progress" if you set the bar so astronomically low, that 5 wins is incredible progress.

Sure, our team is better, but if we can't close games or win, there's no point in staying stagnant.

57 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Not arrogant at all. Look at the article I posted. Arrogant would be if nobody gave him a vote of confidence and he was just spewing bravado. But that is not what is going on here, Hue is firm in his job opinion because of what he says Haslam has told him. Now, either Hue has a death wish, OR, as I have been saying all along, Haslam gave Hue some type of a long-term promise to, as Hue says, "see it through". 3 Years? AH, Hue is no dummy about life and business. Blast him as a HC, but he is no dummy. He knew what he was getting in to in Cleveland. My gut, after watching him and the franchise is that Hue got a 5-year commitment when he signed.

And again, people, use common sense. If you are inclined to fire the guy, you do it at 1 - 31. You DON'T give him a new OC, DC, and #1 QB to ruin. If Hue was on his way out, 1 - 31 was the window.  Now? at 2 - 4- 1 a win over the Ravens, tie with the Steelers, possibly a 5 win season? A 5 win season? BIG BIG BIG improvement. Sorry guys, follow the Ghoolie on this one. Hue is the man. He is solid now. If I am Dorsey sitting on a lack of WRs for my new QB? I am more worried than HUe is.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

The dreaded vote of confidenceThe dreaded vote of confidence

Well, there is a hell.of a lot.more.reasoning and logic in my perspective than this.  FIRE HUE rant.

Again you fire the guy at 1 -31

You don t hire a new O" DC and draft.your hopeful franchise QB and turn it all.over to a vuy who is on thin ice, bro.

If they DO fire Hue now? Instead.of after last year and getting the #1 pick a new HC? Then they are dumber than dumb.

On 10/21/2018 at 7:52 PM, stillmotion said:

I hate to say this, but he looks really bad the way he acted. Worse then possibly ever before. I think I have him figured out. Here are my takeaways from the presser.

- Hue did his usual "we need to get better, we need to close games, i came here to win schtick 

- He said they needed to fix the discipline and penalties, but have they really improved at that since he started?

- He defended Gerbil, which is alright but then just full-out aggressively attacked Haley. One could even say He coddled Gerbil, saying that it wasn't his fault and he would do better next time. Do you think Bill B would do that? Or would Bill B put someone else in there to return kicks next game?

- Hue defended all of his calls and arrogantly said they were the right moves, included going for it on 4th (which was possibly something Haley didn't want to do). Hue wants Haley to be a coffee fetcher, and a yes man, but who knows how much influence Hue has on the offense already?

- Hue will clearly be try to get Todd fired, blaming him to Dorsey and Jimmy. Maybe the offense doing so bad is Todd's fault, but maybe it also has to do with Hue. Remember Josh Gordon said, "Just about all of the plays are the same and I know them" when we saw them on T.V. Hue clearly wants to be the offensive coordinator too because he believes he can do a better job. Can he? Maybe, but I would never treat anyone who worked with me, Like they worked only for me.

- The whole "ITS MY TEAM, IM THE COACH, ITS ALL MINE" talk at the end of the presser was like a four year old was talking on the playground. Either Dorsey will A ) Do whatever Hue says, because he's right, and obviously if he listens to them, the Browns will win, as Hue says, or B ) Side with Haley, and realize that Hue has made questionable decisions and is trying to control too much, and agree that Hue and Haley need to coexist.

- Final question is, will Hue and Haley co-exist? Can they co-exist after Hue's lashing of Haley and calling out that he wants him to pretty much be a coffee fetcher and call the plays himself. Hue calling plays was awful, maybe just as awful as Haley has been, so if we give him that back will it suddenly change us and make us win in these close situations?

If I'm Haley, I do NOT want to work with a guy like Hue, who completely blames ME and the Offense, but excuses all of the other things, such as Baker making mistakes, the line sucking, Gerbil's fumble. That is NOT something a man who takes responsibility does. He needs to work WITH Todd to fix this, not tell him "DO AS I SAY OR ELSE". Such CHILDISH behavior.

* Note - I am NOT saying fire Hue now. Obviously let him ride out for the rest of the season. But If I'm Dorsey and Hue says "He's gotta go, It's either me calling plays or him", then I'm going to be like, Hue, I'm in charge of the team, and you do what I say now. Either work together to win and take responsibility, or leave.

Lastly - Hue coddles the players and doesn't blame them for anything so they're on his side. In turn, they have no responsibility because he'll just brush them off. ALA Corey Coleman sitting out practices, buying shoes, and not trying. Both Haley and Gregg call this out, and Hue screams "ITS MY TEAM, IM IN CHARGE" during Hard Knocks. They witness how lazy and undisciplined the players are. When the Sashi fiasco happened, Hue obviously went to Jimmy, and got the backing of all the players because he coddled them, like what's happening now. Hopefully Dorsey can see right through this and we don't have to go through the 2019 season with Hue. Because I can't deal with this Sheet another year after this childish passive-aggressive behavior.

Only Hue Jackson would believe that Hue Jackson could save the Browns' offense

• By Jason La Canfora
  • Go to cbssports.com click on this article 
  • it makes sense to fire Hue now and let Haley & QB coach take charge before they ruin another QB
  • Hue is the #1 reason we are losing 
  • they trade Gordon and Hyde and expect rookies to perform like pro bowlers while Hue is causing internal termoil that’s bound to affect Mayfield 

Archived