THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue's Presser

stillmotion

I hate to say this, but he looks really bad the way he acted. Worse then possibly ever before. I think I have him figured out. Here are my takeaways from the presser.

- Hue did his usual "we need to get better, we need to close games, i came here to win schtick 

- He said they needed to fix the discipline and penalties, but have they really improved at that since he started?

- He defended Gerbil, which is alright but then just full-out aggressively attacked Haley. One could even say He coddled Gerbil, saying that it wasn't his fault and he would do better next time. Do you think Bill B would do that? Or would Bill B put someone else in there to return kicks next game?

- Hue defended all of his calls and arrogantly said they were the right moves, included going for it on 4th (which was possibly something Haley didn't want to do). Hue wants Haley to be a coffee fetcher, and a yes man, but who knows how much influence Hue has on the offense already?

- Hue will clearly be try to get Todd fired, blaming him to Dorsey and Jimmy. Maybe the offense doing so bad is Todd's fault, but maybe it also has to do with Hue. Remember Josh Gordon said, "Just about all of the plays are the same and I know them" when we saw them on T.V. Hue clearly wants to be the offensive coordinator too because he believes he can do a better job. Can he? Maybe, but I would never treat anyone who worked with me, Like they worked only for me.

- The whole "ITS MY TEAM, IM THE COACH, ITS ALL MINE" talk at the end of the presser was like a four year old was talking on the playground. Either Dorsey will A ) Do whatever Hue says, because he's right, and obviously if he listens to them, the Browns will win, as Hue says, or B ) Side with Haley, and realize that Hue has made questionable decisions and is trying to control too much, and agree that Hue and Haley need to coexist.

- Final question is, will Hue and Haley co-exist? Can they co-exist after Hue's lashing of Haley and calling out that he wants him to pretty much be a coffee fetcher and call the plays himself. Hue calling plays was awful, maybe just as awful as Haley has been, so if we give him that back will it suddenly change us and make us win in these close situations?

If I'm Haley, I do NOT want to work with a guy like Hue, who completely blames ME and the Offense, but excuses all of the other things, such as Baker making mistakes, the line sucking, Gerbil's fumble. That is NOT something a man who takes responsibility does. He needs to work WITH Todd to fix this, not tell him "DO AS I SAY OR ELSE". Such CHILDISH behavior.

* Note - I am NOT saying fire Hue now. Obviously let him ride out for the rest of the season. But If I'm Dorsey and Hue says "He's gotta go, It's either me calling plays or him", then I'm going to be like, Hue, I'm in charge of the team, and you do what I say now. Either work together to win and take responsibility, or leave.

Lastly - Hue coddles the players and doesn't blame them for anything so they're on his side. In turn, they have no responsibility because he'll just brush them off. ALA Corey Coleman sitting out practices, buying shoes, and not trying. Both Haley and Gregg call this out, and Hue screams "ITS MY TEAM, IM IN CHARGE" during Hard Knocks. They witness how lazy and undisciplined the players are. When the Sashi fiasco happened, Hue obviously went to Jimmy, and got the backing of all the players because he coddled them, like what's happening now. Hopefully Dorsey can see right through this and we don't have to go through the 2019 season with Hue. Because I can't deal with this Sheet another year after this childish passive-aggressive behavior.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, nickers said:

I'm looking for a link to confirm this

5c72970cc04a212a4e0ff13dcf43c685.png

It's like I just lost a tooth and I'm closing my eyes with it tucked neatly under my pillow...... can't wait to wake up and see what the Fairy left me. 

1 minute ago, flyingfooldoug said:

He wasn’t real popular in stoolcity and I couldn’t understand why we signed him. Then it dawned on me........Hue’s an idiot

Hue praised Amos Jones' special teams today too. It becomes quite obvious, hue hired todd to be the "fall guy" so he could blame him and finish out the season.

Next Fall guy is either Amos or Greg Williams. But Dorsey is on to his BS, and sees it light as day.

Just now, stillmotion said:

Hue praised Amos Jones' special teams today too. It becomes quite obvious, hue hired todd to be the "fall guy" so he could blame him and finish out the season.

Next Fall guy is either Amos or Greg Williams. But Dorsey is on to his BS, and sees it light as day.

It took the GM to show him how to get Chubb more carries. Hue was really scratching his head on that one. 

1 minute ago, stillmotion said:

It becomes quite obvious, hue hired todd to be the "fall guy" so he could blame him and finish out the season.

Could you elaborate on this stillmotion? I don't quite understand what you mean by this. 

It took the GM to show him how to get Chubb more carries. Hue was really scratching his head on that one. 

#Browns Hue Jackson says he needs to get the offensive issues figure out: "I need to be a little bit more involved. I think I have every right here as the head coach to get it figured out."

100% to me that means he wants power over playcalling again, which i'd argue is even worse than Todd.
renderTimingPixel.png

I’ve heard this about the Hyde trade a lot and I just don’t see it. If Dorsey was dead set Inc getting Chubb more time he could have forced the issue without trading Hyde. Just my opinion. Then again maybe I’m full of sh!t. 

#Browns Hue Jackson says he needs to get the offensive issues figure out: "I need to be a little bit more involved. I think I have every right here as the head coach to get it figured out."

100% to me that means he wants power over playcalling again, which i'd argue is even worse than Todd.
renderTimingPixel.png

That line alone tells me the end is near.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Could you elaborate on this stillmotion? I don't quite understand what you mean by this. 

I mean it's possible Hue was forced into hiring Haley since his offense wasn't doing too well by Dorsey and the rest of management. Now i think it's possible he's blaming Haley to get more power over playcalling, or to even get playcalling abilities back for himself since he's the "captain of the ship" as he would phrase it. If Hue blames Todd, and management believes he's correct, he could very well buy himself more time, even another year.

Just now, jcam222 said:

I’ve heard this about the Hyde trade a lot and I just don’t see it. If Dorsey was dead set Inc getting Chubb more time he could have forced the issue without trading Hyde. Just my opinion. Then again maybe I’m full of sh!t. 

I don't know, I really like the comp people have made to the movie 'Moneyball'.

In the movie, GM Billy Beane wants Player A to play firstbase. The manager wanted Player B to play firstbase.

GM then trades away Player B. 

I mean it's possible Hue was forced into hiring Haley since his offense wasn't doing too well by Dorsey and the rest of management. Now i think it's possible he's blaming Haley to get more power over playcalling, or to even get playcalling abilities back for himself since he's the "captain of the ship" as he would phrase it. If Hue blames Todd, and management believes he's correct, he could very well buy himself more time, even another year.

Everyone said he needed

an OC because it was too much for him. Now it’s not? I think the guy is smoking crack

2 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Everyone said he needed

an OC because it was too much for him. Now it’s not? I think the guy is smoking crack

It's important to note that Hue was 1-31 for us as OC. Todd has already helped win two games this year alone for us. Maybe Todd does suck (I'm not sure we have large enough of a sample size yet), but during Hue's OC hiatus, he struggled immensely, and his time management was always questionable.

1 minute ago, jcam222 said:

I think we all knew Haley and Hue couldn’t coexist. It just a matter of when and which one is fired. Say what you will about Hue but imo Haley’s play calling sucks. 

Took me all of one 'Hard Knocks' episodes to see that this wasn't going to work, at all. 

Hue got the offense taken from him and had Haley forced on him. You could tell quickly that Haley had zero respect for Hue.

Archived