THE BROWNS BOARD

how bout dat der carl nassib feller!

Clevfan4life

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

From where I was sitting, I sure hoped he had scored there, but it looked a lot like he was stopped, there was a lot of bodies around there, AND if we lost another challenge, we would’ve had 1 timeout left, with about 5 minutes in the 4th quarter.  

I do think the decision to challenge the catch/incomplete pass wasn’t the best one, (receiver took 2 steps and ball was jarred loose), he didn’t make the 3rd step or a “football” move.

In my mind his second foot hit the ground simultaneously as him tucking the ball and turning up field. Both "football acts/moves" and was a good review.

8 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

From where I was sitting, I sure hoped he had scored there, but it looked a lot like he was stopped, there was a lot of bodies around there, AND if we lost another challenge, we would’ve had 1 timeout left, with about 5 minutes in the 4th quarter.  

I do think the decision to challenge the catch/incomplete pass wasn’t the best one, (receiver took 2 steps and ball was jarred loose), he didn’t make the 3rd step or a “football” move.

In my mind his second foot hit the ground simultaneously as him tucking the ball and turning up field. Both "football acts/moves" and was a good review.

And the exact same thing just happened in the Monday night game and it was ruled a fumble.

3 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Both "football acts/moves" and was a good review.

And the exact same thing just happened in the Monday night game and it was ruled a fumble.

Seeing it live, and being aware of many terrible calls against this team, I felt the incomplete was the right call. The ball came out so fast. He was trying to turn upfield but hadn’t even brought the ball in yet..

I didn’t see the Monday night game, but sounds like a bad call then lol

53 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Seeing it live, and being aware of many terrible calls against this team, I felt the incomplete was the right call. The ball came out so fast. He was trying to turn upfield but hadn’t even brought the ball in yet..

I didn’t see the Monday night game, but sounds like a bad call then lol

Catching the ball away from your body and beginning the process of tucking it as you are taking your steps is a football move and no the call tonight was not a poor call. Everyone talked about it being a good call.

17 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

i dont buy that at all. When i saw the replays im seeing stiff the RT with one arm allowing that spin/shed to the inside...thats elite level stuff and if he can do that now against some of the better tackles in the NFL...kid will have a career before he retires to wall street. He never once showed that or the joey B stack and shed to the side that he pulled on his first sack, in 3 years that he was here. 

ive been begging our position coaches to teach some of these advanced moves to our guys. I mean didnt u see Carl leaning and digging into his edge rush? I was screaming here since krugers tenure that our edges dont know how to scrape the pegs going around the edge. Last guy here not named myles that did that was sheard.

Just watched both his sacks again... one against Harrison in Q2 and the one you speak of against Hubbard in OT. Neither was "elite".

Against Harrison he got the edge on a crow-hopping OT who was beaten outside even tho he had inside help (Bito).

Against Hubbard... if an OT can be "stiffed" by one arm that is outside his frame, then yes, Nassib stiffed him. As for the spin, yes, it was quicker than Hubbard could handle, but as I more or less said in my first post in this thread, without the flush from Nassib's opposite DE (Golstein?) making Baker step up, Nassib spins into air.

Both plays our OT was reach-blocking with waist bent.

Both were good plays to be sure, but Carl's has not improved as dramatically as you are making him out to be. He averaged 2.75 sacks per year with us. He now has 2 with TB.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Both were good plays to be sure, but Carl's has not improved as dramatically as you are making him out to be. He averaged 2.75 sacks per year with us. He now has 2 with TB.

He seemed like a project coming out of Penn State who was nowhere near his ceiling. Time will tell.

even the 1st sack looked awful quick around the edge to me. But the 2nd sack def looked diff to me than any of his time here. He got seperation from the RT with his right hand which leaves the left open to either slap to the outside shoulder or chop to the inside. He was only able to.spin to the inside because of those extended arms. Not only because it kept the OT from swallowing him up, but it allowed him to read bakers movements.

Yes he only has 2 sacks this season and tes they came against the browns, but ge's not going to see a whole lot of pass rush ops subbing in for vernon and paul. Prior to the season i thought they'd use him to spell both sides so he'd get a fairly decent rep count. As it stands, our DE's are essentially in there the entire game...avery comes in for pure edge rushing  but ogbah usually slides to DL so its not really a breather. 

im worried our DL overall is losing a little bit of its pop it had earlier in the season

23 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

im worried our DL overall is losing a little bit of its pop it had earlier in the season

That we agree on...

MG was totally gassed late in the OT Sunday. Ogun has been less of a factor with each passing week... of course some of that is teams being aware of him now.

We need our BYE... and it's still 4 weeks away.

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

That we agree on...

MG was totally gassed late in the OT Sunday. Ogun has been less of a factor with each passing week... of course some of that is teams being aware of him now.

We need our BYE... and it's still 4 weeks away.

thisvis on dorsey. Until i hear the man say otherwise, i refuse to beleive greg williams counseled the gm to get rid of shelton, meder, nassib and bring in who they did to replace em....which is nobody. I refuse to beleive it was greg williams offseason plan to say fuk it to the run D and also cancel out any veteran depth. Maybe he was ok with danny cause he had jamie and jobi. But if we learned anything from the hyde trade its that dorsey will throw a stick of dynamite at the roster to get his way.....im really not liking this clown.

1 hour ago, FriendOfBernieKosar said:

As a Buc fan, Thank you guys for Carl Nassib, he's pretty much our 2nd best defensive end now. He pretty much looked good day 1 on his technique in limited rotations, hopefully he gets more playing time.

If you are a Buc fan then why in the effyouseekay do you have Bernie Kosar in your name and avatar.

Shouldn't you have like Brad Johnson on there?   Or Derrick Brooks?

1 hour ago, FriendOfBernieKosar said:

As a Buc fan, Thank you guys for Carl Nassib, he's pretty much our 2nd best defensive end now. He pretty much looked good day 1 on his technique in limited rotations, hopefully he gets more playing time.

u sure about that? JPP and whats the other guys name, Vernon or something? Those seem to be ur two best DE's. But yeah i'll grant you Nassib may see some more subs now. 

11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If you are a Buc fan then why in the effyouseekay do you have Bernie Kosar in your name and avatar.

Shouldn't you have like Brad Johnson on there?   Or Derrick Brooks?

I once registered to talk football with an opposing team as "Greg Schiano" (who was at the time, our former head coach, kneel gate, gap tooth, all that), and was banned in about 30 minutes for no other reason that I was from another team, about enough time for me to tell everyone hello. So I figured, Bernie Kosar buys me... an hour. 

22 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

...im really not liking this clown.

The guy who drafted many of the current Chiefs playmakers like Mahommes, T. Hill, K. Hunt, T. Kelce?(not sure if they were all his idea)

and for us, Mayfield and Ward?

I think he got off to a great start. Not every move will be the right move, and Shelton is more of a 3-4 nose tackle. (Too slow)

10 minutes ago, FriendOfBernieKosar said:

I once registered to talk football with an opposing team as "Greg Schiano" (who was at the time, our former head coach, kneel gate, gap tooth, all that), and was banned in about 30 minutes for no other reason that I was from another team, about enough time for me to tell everyone hello. So I figured, Bernie Kosar buys me... an hour. 

You would not get banned here for that, I don't think.   You might get banned for being so disingenuous however. The top moderator on this board lives in Naples Fla.....so he would have no reason to ban a guy just for being from Tampa.  Yumpin' Yesus...we let Steeler fans on here....though they are subject to having their screen names altered somewhat.  You could get that treatment as well for your subterfuge.

Edit:  SHOULD get that treatment.  Something like  RentBoyofBernieKosar.

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Vernon Gholston,  out of Ohio St.   A really big bust.

Ah, we don't have Vernon, we have William. Don't think there was a relation, don't really remember actually. Maybe?! Anyways, a classier bunch I see. I was banned within 10 minutes on the Bengals forums lol. Hope we take them down a notch to help you guys on the divisional front this weekend.

42 minutes ago, FriendOfBernieKosar said:

Is a cousin lol.

Are you saying that you have William Gholston, a cousin of Vernon Gholston.....or are you saying that you are a cousin of Bernie Kosar?

And, no, I don't think you have to worry about being banned.  

But....if you are going to want to continue to use that screen name and avatar,   thou shalt be required to disavow any loyalty to the Buccaneers and thereby give your oath to the Cleveland Browns.

And remember, oaths are sacred.

Just now, The Gipper said:

Are you saying that you have William Gholston, a cousin of Vernon Gholston.....or are you saying that you are a cousin of Bernie Kosar?

And, no, I don't think you have to worry about being banned.  

But....if you are going to want to continue to use that screen name and avatar,   thou shalt be required to disavow any loyalty to the Buccaneers and thereby give your oath to the Cleveland Browns.

And remember, oaths are sacred.

Will is a cousin of Vernon. As for disavowing allegiance, that's a fair weather fan's game. I am a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan until death or until Los Angeles decides two teams isn't enough... in which case, I'm moving to Los Angeles.

3 minutes ago, FriendOfBernieKosar said:

Will is a cousin of Vernon. As for disavowing allegiance, that's a fair weather fan's game. I am a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan until death or until Los Angeles decides two teams isn't enough... in which case, I'm moving to Los Angeles.

Actually, you have your terminology confused.   A "fair weather fan" is a person who remains a fan of a team....but mainly only in good times...when they are winning, but they disappear when they are losing...but still, they essentially stay loyal to their team.

What you are talking about is being a Front Runner.  Or as we call them:  FRAKs.  FrontRunnerAssKissers.  These are the fans whose allegiance is essentially for sale.  They will root for a team that is good and winning, but if that team is bad, they will go and become a fan of a different team....that, of course, is winning.  

No one here really wants you to be that.  That kind of person is lower than a snakes butt.  We see plenty of those types....mostly fans of the Steelers, (but some other teams have been loaded with FRAK fans....Cowboys, Yankees, Celtics, Lakers etc.).

No, we don't want you to be a FRAK....ergo....you should change your avatar to show your true colors.

Archived