THE BROWNS BOARD

how bout dat der carl nassib feller!

Clevfan4life

goes to tampa for a few months and all of a sudden has what looks like a competent edge rushing toolset. Ive been talking for years here about how we dont develop players skillsets we draft. What they come here with is almost always what they leave with. 

Nassib beat both the RT and LT today. Not sure he was much in there on reg downs so didnt notice any run stops on his part.......but gj kid. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

OR...you could start a more accurate thread like:

”The Browns Offensive Line is So Bad, They Make Carl Nassib Look Like Bruce Smith”

or....u could  build an eye for actual talent. U forget carl ran with chubb out into the flat and down the sideline a bit to deflect that pass? only DE on our team that has a prayer of making that play is myles...

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Nassib beat both the RT and LT today.

Not really...

The sack he had vs. Hubbard was due to the other DE flushing Baker into his spin-move. It was a nice move, but not Hubbard's fault.

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not really...

The sack he had vs. Hubbard was due to the other DE flushing Baker into his spin-move. It was a nice move, but not Hubbard's fault.

You’re my O line guy, what do you think of Hubbard so far? 

To my untrained eye he has been terrible 

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Ive been talking for years here about how we dont develop players skillsets we draft. What they come here with is almost always what they leave with.  

Well said Cleve. Till we see a true coaching staff that can teach till execution, a true NFL technique of upgrades they will always be what they came here with..The showing of the great Rhino's stances base compared to a OLmen did some great things huh.  

13 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Well said Cleve. Till we see a true coaching staff that can teach till execution, a true NFL technique of upgrades they will always be what they came here with..The showing of the great Rhino's stances base compared to a OLmen did some great things huh.  

yeah that fukker I want gone by Monday, im tired of his sht O line getting our QB killed. 

26 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

yeah that fukker I want gone by Monday, im tired of his sht O line getting our QB killed. 

Me too!

Nassib was a stud. It's a complete Huey-Dewey move to cut off our nose to spite our face. 

18 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Plus after the game, he came and gave them some sound financial advice.

Even more fitting, it was in a stadium named after a Financial Advice type of business - Raymond James Stadium. 

Sports radio here has been hoping to see more of him than they had prior to this game on a defense that lacked an ability to pressure QBs before he faced our OTs.

18 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

goes to tampa for a few months and all of a sudden has what looks like a competent edge rushing toolset. Ive been talking for years here about how we dont develop players skillsets we draft. What they come here with is almost always what they leave with. 

Nassib beat both the RT and LT today. Not sure he was much in there on reg downs so didnt notice any run stops on his part.......but gj kid. 

Who says Cleveland didn't develop the Nassib?  Cleveland developed him.  Tampa's DC got fired last week because they weren't putting a pass rush on QBs while their corners/fill-ins for injuries to both starters were also struggling in coverage.  Now, in week 7, he finally got a decent amount of reps for a team that previously struggled to pressure opposing QBs. 

From where I sat in the stadium, Ogbah made some BIG plays for our defense as did Myles Garrett.  Would we have ranked #1 in getting turnovers this year if our defense couldn't put pressure on passers?  If our offense would have capitalized on some of the turnovers the defense created yesterday - we might have won that game. When we can't score a TD from inside Tampa's 1 yard line on back to back plays - I'm not going to blame OUR edge rushers for it Clevsies.  Instead of trying to hurry to snap the ball on 4th down there - (depending on how much time was left in the game) I was hoping Hue would challenge the spot since the Oakland showed us how important such a challenge is.  When the home team didn't play the replay on the 2 big jumbo-trons - that's usually a really good sign it might be a great idea to challenge the play instead of hurrying to the next snap.  I guess that's what I deserve for hoping we wait until after the season to fire Hue in lieu of expediting a situation of pitting Haley vrs Williams as soon as possible.  Looking at what we did/didn't do with the turnovers our defense got us yesterday - there may already be a War of the Roses relationship between Haley and Williams getting worse since we first heard Williams' snap back at Haley in Hard Knocks about Nassib "THEN BLOCK HIM. YOU GOTTA BLOCK HIM!"

36 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I guess that's what I deserve for hoping we wait until after the season to fire Hue in lieu of expediting a situation of pitting Haley vrs Williams as soon as possible.  Looking at what we did/didn't do with the turnovers our defense got us yesterday - 

From where I was sitting, I sure hoped he had scored there, but it looked a lot like he was stopped, there was a lot of bodies around there, AND if we lost another challenge, we would’ve had 1 timeout left, with about 5 minutes in the 4th quarter.  

I do think the decision to challenge the catch/incomplete pass wasn’t the best one, (receiver took 2 steps and ball was jarred loose), he didn’t make the 3rd step or a “football” move.

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Who says Cleveland didn't develop the Nassib?  Cleveland developed him.  Tampa's DC got fired last week because they weren't putting a pass rush on QBs while their corners/fill-ins for injuries to both starters were also struggling in coverage.  Now, in week 7, he finally got a decent amount of reps for a team that previously struggled to pressure opposing QBs. 

From where I sat in the stadium, Ogbah made some BIG plays for our defense as did Myles Garrett.  Would we have ranked #1 in getting turnovers this year if our defense couldn't put pressure on passers?  If our offense would have capitalized on some of the turnovers the defense created yesterday - we might have won that game. When we can't score a TD from inside Tampa's 1 yard line on back to back plays - I'm not going to blame OUR edge rushers for it Clevsies.  Instead of trying to hurry to snap the ball on 4th down there - (depending on how much time was left in the game) I was hoping Hue would challenge the spot since the Oakland showed us how important such a challenge is.  When the home team didn't play the replay on the 2 big jumbo-trons - that's usually a really good sign it might be a great idea to challenge the play instead of hurrying to the next snap.  I guess that's what I deserve for hoping we wait until after the season to fire Hue in lieu of expediting a situation of pitting Haley vrs Williams as soon as possible.  Looking at what we did/didn't do with the turnovers our defense got us yesterday - there may already be a War of the Roses relationship between Haley and Williams getting worse since we first heard Williams' snap back at Haley in Hard Knocks about Nassib "THEN BLOCK HIM. YOU GOTTA BLOCK HIM!"

I wasn't dissing our edges...and yeah, Ogbah showed up sunday. That was prob his best game as a brown overall. As for Nassib, he displayed pass rushing tech i'd "never" seen him once exhibit here. He had a very good preseason game against Philly, but he didn't show those edge moves in that game. 

31 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

I wasn't dissing our edges...and yeah, Ogbah showed up sunday. That was prob his best game as a brown overall. As for Nassib, he displayed pass rushing tech i'd "never" seen him once exhibit here. He had a very good preseason game against Philly, but he didn't show those edge moves in that game. 

That is a sign we’re headed in the right direction, when we have to let go of GOOD players to make room for other GOOD players, I’m sure it wasn’t an easy decision. 

With that being said,where the heck is Chad Thomas? We spent a 3rd on the guy.

24 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

That is a sign we’re headed in the right direction, when we have to let go of GOOD players to make room for other GOOD players, I’m sure it wasn’t an easy decision. 

well we didnt have to cut nassib to make room fir ogbah, nassib was already going to be depth. The issue i have is the guys we brought in over nassib...barely see the field. The only semi competent depth we have at edge is chris smith. The other guys like zettel, odenigno....theres zero reason they're sitting on the sideline. 

I wouldnt be raging if myles and igbah bith got hurt abd bassib and smith had to.be our starters. But those waiver wire guys we snatched up are just mon priductive. And thats why u see myles in there most of the game. Myles would be even more productive if he was able to come out more

29 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

True about the reach on Chad Thomas; but here's something Pluto points out that WSS shared in another thread. Sorry to borrow this but it seems pertinent enough to point out here as well in the sense this 5th round pick is a steal to make up for Chad Thomas at this time. 

11. According to PFF, Ogunjobi and linebacker Genard Avery led the Browns defense with five "quarterback hits." Another meaningful category is "quarterback hurries," meaning putting pressure on the passer as he throws. Ogunjobi leads the Browns with 14. Avery and Myles Garrett have eight each.

12. Yes, you keep seeing Avery's name when it comes to the Browns defense. The rookie from Memphis has a chance to be a terrific pass rusher. He could be a steal in the fifth round.

Avery is listed as a LBer and played LBer in college much like another LBer Gregg Williams once converted to a DE at the TN Titans named Jevon Kearse (which ended with Kearse being named Defensive ROTY).  Williams prefers to use Avery on the edge in a 3 point unless injury volumes dictate standing him up (and blitzing him instead).  The irony is both guys played a lot of their college football in a 2 point stance as a LBers that spent way more time dropping into coverage than rushing passers. 

20 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

You’re my O line guy, what do you think of Hubbard so far? 

To my untrained eye he has been terrible 

Not doing the OL grading so I don't have the insight I once did...

... but my impression is that he's a good run blocker, but struggles with speed rushes in PassPro which in turn makes him susceptible to bull rushes.

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I wasn't dissing our edges...and yeah, Ogbah showed up sunday. That was prob his best game as a brown overall. s for Nassib, he displayed pass rushing tech i'd "never" seen him once exhibit here. He had a very good preseason game against Philly, but he didn't show those edge moves in that game. 

Hard to know whether he was told to sell out in favor of his pass rush by TB. We know as a starter/rotational DE with us he was expected to play in balance.

Plus there's the revenge factor of playing his old team. Safe bet that his adrenal gland was on empty after yesterday's game.

26 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not doing the OL grading so I don't have the insight I once did...

... but my impression is that he's a good run blocker, but struggles with speed rushes in PassPro which in turn makes him susceptible to bull rushes.

Hard to know whether he was told to sell out in favor of his pass rush by TB. We know as a starter/rotational DE with us he was expected to play in balance.

Plus there's the revenge factor of playing his old team. Safe bet that his adrenal gland was on empty after yesterday's game.

i dont buy that at all. When i saw the replays im seeing stiff the RT with one arm allowing that spin/shed to the inside...thats elite level stuff and if he can do that now against some of the better tackles in the NFL...kid will have a career before he retires to wall street. He never once showed that or the joey B stack and shed to the side that he pulled on his first sack, in 3 years that he was here. 

ive been begging our position coaches to teach some of these advanced moves to our guys. I mean didnt u see Carl leaning and digging into his edge rush? I was screaming here since krugers tenure that our edges dont know how to scrape the pegs going around the edge. Last guy here not named myles that did that was sheard. 

Archived