THE BROWNS BOARD

Fire Hue now!

huewatch2018

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Orion said:

Well, you choose either Haley or Williams as the interim HC.  Presumably, you have one of 'em in mind that you'd want to see as a HC.  This would be a great opportunity to actually see him in action as your HC.  Then at the end of the season you decide how much you liked him as HC.  A golden opportunity. 

What about the one you stiffed and is ticked off?

I don't know if the "who can do worse" theory holds any water.  We've been competitive in almost every game, and we're literally RIGHT THERE.  Am I happy with Hue?  No.  Am I happy with Todd Haley?  No.  Never forget that players make plays, not the coaches.  People are angry about Hue Jackson going for it on 4th down before the half, and honestly, I was furious with the decision as well.  It could've cost us the game, and it totally SUCKS.  But...but...Baker Mayfield got the first down.  Hue made the decision to go for it, the pocket broke down, and Mayfield ran for the first down.  Hue Jackson did NOT fumble the ball out of bounds.  Hue Jackson didn't make the decision to run to the sidelines instead of diving up field.  I realize Baker wanted to get out of bounds, but on a 4th and 2 situation when you GET THE FIRST DOWN and your team has a timeout, your number one priority is to ensure the drive continues.  Hue Jackson didn't fail to secure the ball.  

I'm not making excuses for Hue, as he's made his own bed, but we also need to understand how mid-year coaching changes almost NEVER work.  Once that happens, the wheels tend to come off, and it turns into a BIGGER crap-fest.  I do NOT like Todd Haley, I think he gets too cute, I think he's inside his own head, and I believe he doesn't have the correct feel for the game.  Even so, Todd Haley doesn't play football.  For example, I was absolutely FURIOUS on our last 3rd down.  We were in very long FG range in overtime, and we had 3rd and 3.  To me, there's one option here:  You run the ball.  Now, getting 3 yards on a run is obviously no kind of guarantee, but you're probably going to get forward SOME.  That would set up a 4th and shorter.  Then you can either go for it, or kick the long FG.  The one thing you CAN'T do is lose yards, and of course we did.  Bad call on Todd Haley, right?  Not so fast!  The reason Baker didn't throw the ball and looked confused was because ANTONIO CALLAWAY RAN THE WRONG EFFING ROUTE.  That's right, go back and watch the play and you'll notice a cluster-jam.  Callaway completely screwed up and ran the wrong freaking route on the most important play of the game.  Jesus.  So yeah, I was angry with Haley, but Haley isn't running routes.  Baker should've found a way to get rid of it, but he's not good at that yet.  

My point is, we have young players.  It sucks, but there's nothing we can do about it.  We're a duck snort away from being a winning football team, and maybe that's all on coaching, maybe it really is, but the coaches aren't the ones making plays.  They're not the one dropping passes, missing FG's, committing penalties....that's the players.  And I don't buy that coaches are responsible for penalties because their team is "undisciplined".  These are professional football players, they know the dang rules people.  What's a coach supposed to say?  Don't jump offsides?  Don't grab the DL's facemask?  I mean, come on.  

I'm not saying we have great coaches or anything, and maybe it's time for a change, but it's certainly not ALL on them.  

On 10/22/2018 at 5:28 AM, stillmotion said:

I can't even find anyone who defends his stuff anymore. We're just so undisciplined its sickening.

Yeh, those Steelers insiders saw it in Hard Nox.  These are guys who know how Mike Tomlin runs the show and they were shocked at the lack of discipline that they saw on TV. 

Terry Bradshaw has been highly critical of Mike Tomlin for a lack of discipline, but Hue takes it to a new low.

Pat Shurmer will be available soon (wink).

I wish Pat Shurmer would have proven me wrong, but damn, I was right again.  That guy was the shìttiest coach that the Browns 2.0 ever had.  At least he won 5 games with the Browns.  It's unlikely that he will do that well with the Giants.

15 hours ago, nickers said:

My last name sounds latino..

Maybe you should not have dropped the silent "K"...

14 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Right.

You forgot the "eh"...

6 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

It’s being reported that the locker room has pretty much quit on Hue. They don’t like his kool aid and are giving Dorsey the “smoking gun” he needs in order to can his butt. The Huebatross is all but gone.  Who the heck can do worse? 

Links? What "smoking gun"? Griping? And most important... what flavor KoolAid?

I haven't seen any players quit on this team.

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Maybe you should not have dropped the silent "K"...

You forgot the "eh"...

I hate that.. People assume My last name starts with the letter K.. I always have to clarify by telling them its "C as in Craig or Charlie" for example.. It drives me batty!

36 minutes ago, nickers said:

I hate that.. People assume My last name starts with the letter K.. I always have to clarify by telling them its "C as in Craig or Charlie" for example.. It drives me batty!

Actually I was referring to "Knickers"... ;)

52 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

We could just call you "Underwear Man".

I go commando.. That wouldn't work to well :P

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Can a Eunuch go "commando"?  :o

I suppose.. I don't waste brain cells thinking about that lol... That is funny though... :)

23 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It is not your brain cell that you should be concerned about.

Sperm-cells.jpg

Tad poles are 'cute' LOL...

The WORST clock management I have ever seen in an NFL game has just transpired.  We have three timeouts PIttsburgh is inside our 20 - pretty much guaranteed to score.  There's slightly less than 2:00 on the clock - do we use our timeouts after each Pittsburgh play trying to make sure we have 1:00+ left when Pittsburgh inevitably scores, either 3 or 7, and we get the ball back ?  No.

We simply fiddle-Shmuck around and leave all three timeouts on the board as the half expires.

Unreal.  

Hue really has no idea what the hell is going on.

2 hours ago, onkyoreceiver said:

The WORST clock management I have ever seen in an NFL game has just transpired.  We have three timeouts PIttsburgh is inside our 20 - pretty much guaranteed to score.  There's slightly less than 2:00 on the clock - do we use our timeouts after each Pittsburgh play trying to make sure we have 1:00+ left when Pittsburgh inevitably scores, either 3 or 7, and we get the ball back ?  No.

We simply fiddle-Shmuck around and leave all three timeouts on the board as the half expires.

Unreal.  

I was listening on the radio and the sideline reporter said the same thing. Plus the stoolers got the second half kickoff. The Browns offense didn’t touch the ball for about 45 minutes of real time

This team needs DISCIPLINE!!! With a capitol D!!! I have finally joined the fire Hue bandwagon!!! We need a SERIOUS  TOUGH AZZ COACH!! 

Any ideas who to replace HUE.....??

2 hours ago, onkyoreceiver said:

Unreal.  

This is just one example, and more so a microcosm of why Hue will never win.... He just isn't good enough.  

Archived