THE BROWNS BOARD

Fire Hue now!

huewatch2018

53 minutes ago, Mark O said:

It makes sense to do it at some point this season because you have a former HC in Haley (who Dorsey hired) standing there on the sidelines.  Give him the team for a 4 or 5 week trial and see how it goes and see if things improve with a new guy in charge.  If it doesnt, they clean house and bring in an all new staff for next season.   If that's what happens, it's on Haslam and Dorsey to find the next Sean McVay to work with our new young QB and offense and get things going like the Rams did. 

Gregg Williams is also a former HC with the Buffalo Bills. 

To all the guys that want Hue fired. HOLD ON A SECOND...  Okay, that second is over. 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RoyceRolls said:

At this point just let Hue ride out the season and show him the door if he doesn’t manage at least 8-7-1. 

Leaning on an interim coach like Haley or Williams won’t add any wins to the record. 

Again...the only reason to can him now or in the next week or so is so that you can see if Haley or Williams is the guy to be the next HC.  

10 minutes ago, RoyceRolls said:

At this point just let Hue ride out the season and show him the door if he doesn’t manage at least 8-7-1. 

Leaning on an interim coach like Haley or Williams won’t add any wins to the record. 

If he were like  6- 9-1.....would that be acceptable for him to stay on?  

To me, it would be minimal.....and ONLY subject to consideration because of being 0-16 last year.  

I mean, with 6 wins, the Browns would likely be the most improved team in the league.  but, if they only win 3-4 games....that is unacceptable, imo.

And I would say:   Vaya Con Dios, Bandejo.  (or is it Pandejo?)

41 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

To me, it would be minimal.....and ONLY subject to consideration because of being 0-16 last year.  

I mean, with 6 wins, the Browns would likely be the most improved team in the league.  but, if they only win 3-4 games....that is unacceptable, imo.

I suppose 6-9-1 would be almost .500 from here on out. It wouldn’t surprise me if Haslam kept Hue with that record, but Hue’s molten lava seat will only get hotter if the browns don’t go .500ish for the remainder of the schedule. 

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

Gregg Williams’ defense started out the year red hot. The past two games, however, it has fallen apart at the seams.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were able to move the ball at will at home against the Cleveland Browns in their overtime win. They gained 456 yards, converted half of their third- and fourth-down attempts and racked up 34 total first downs in the game.

Because Cleveland’s defense couldn’t stop this attack, the Bucs ended up running 26 more offensive plays than the Browns — wasting a pretty good game from rookie Baker Mayfield.

Silver lining: Cleveland did force Jameis Winston into three turnovers — and four total in this game. So, that continues to be a huge strength of this defense.

The problem is, too many injuries in the secondary. Winston had guys running wide open all day. 

And what did we do with those turnovers? Nothing. Because we're beat up at wr too.

My game report: 

Baker needs to: 1) know when to throw it away, that sack in ot was a potential game  winning fg that didn't happen. 2) stop looking for Landry as a crutch first, when other guys are wide open.

Note to Haley- what was that continual dump off crap on third and ten, five yards short of the sticks?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

And he really DOES look like a Black  Uncle Fester.  Amazingly enough.

So, Kudos to whomever came up with that.  (was that Ghoolie?)

Correctomundo!

8 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Completely agree. Some think that being tough is equal to being mean which seems rather silly. My new motto for the Browns 

can Hue, Dorsey can do

Tony Dungy and Andy Reid are both evidence you can be tough on players without being an unbearable jerkoff. Hue is just more concerned with being everyone's best buddy on the team. 

34 minutes ago, hoorta said:

My game report: 

Baker needs to: 1) know when to throw it away, that sack in ot was a potential game  winning fg that didn't happen. 2) stop looking for Landry as a crutch first, when other guys are wide open.

Landry is a primary read and the most reliable hands on offense, Baker went 23-34 and looked very good. He did not have the cleanest pocket to throw from all game long.

He’s got some work to do but man, it’s nice to watch franchise QB material 

1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

For a half (plus an OT) anyway...

Baker looked very ordinary for six quarters before Sunday's 2nd half... then "the fire" returned.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

For a half (plus an OT) anyway...

Baker looked very ordinary for six quarters before Sunday's 2nd half... then "the fire" returned.

Yea that’s true, I was there, and it seemed as if Tyrod was coming out for second half(getting warmed up). 

I would imagine the coaches told baker he was on a short leash, because he was LIGHTS OUT after half time.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

it would be ok if they clean up their act....i'm sick of watching them lose due to lack of discipline with all these facking penalties...this should have been cleaned up during preseason.....i don't like losing period...who does.....but the way they lose is just totally unacceptable...

2 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Landry is a primary read and the most reliable hands on offense, Baker went 23-34 and looked very good. He did not have the cleanest pocket to throw from all game long.

yeah, i'm not sure he had many open receivers....they showed about 6 replays during the course of the game as to why baker was either sacked or made a bad play...on all those plays, every reciever was covered as the analyst pointed out...now i know they did not show every pass play, but that was a good sample enough for me that he did not have many open receivers....i hope some day they have the technology on tv that shows all 22 players during the game....you never get to see the db's at all unless they show replays...

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

" Pendejo! " (Pen-day-ho)

6 minutes ago, nickers said:

" Pendejo! " (Pen-day-ho)

If we only win 3 or 4 games "Adios Pato" will also suffice. 

I learned a little Spanish from Cheech and Chong's yellow album back in the day.  That's the good news.  The bad news is I thought it was enough to blow off studying for the final exam in junior high school.  Guess who went to summer school?

19 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I learned a little Spanish from Cheech and Chong's yellow album back in the day.  That's the good news.  The bad news is I thought it was enough to blow off studying for the final exam in junior high school.  Guess who went to summer school?

The Pendejo who thought he could get all the Spanish he needed from Cheech and Chong?  :lol:

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

I worked with Latinos in various jobs that i had in the past.. I picked up a few things over the years... And let me tell ya.. They are some hard workin Mfer's.. Would never have any qualms about working with them ever... The only gripe I have.. Because My last name sounds latino.. I get mail from from various institutions assuming I'm hispanic.. It really pisses me off because I'm Italian, Sicilian and Croatian descent.. I'm half tempted to mail $hit back and print on a souvenier post  card.. "Me no speak spanish" in Italian or in Croatian LOL..

I don't think the answer is firing Hue in season, fire him in the offseason unless they surprise. I actually think he is a better play caller than Haley, hasn't had much to work with either but finally starting to get some talent on the roster.

13 minutes ago, North of Erie said:

I don't think the answer is firing Hue in season, fire him in the offseason unless they surprise. I actually think he is a better play caller than Haley, hasn't had much to work with either but finally starting to get some talent on the roster.

Right.

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Ok, Hue gets the axe. Then what?

Well, you choose either Haley or Williams as the interim HC.  Presumably, you have one of 'em in mind that you'd want to see as a HC.  This would be a great opportunity to actually see him in action as your HC.  Then at the end of the season you decide how much you liked him as HC.  A golden opportunity. 

Archived