THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Buccaneers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Mark O said:

Gregg Williams’ defense started out the year red hot. The past two games, however, it has fallen apart at the seams.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were able to move the ball at will at home against the Cleveland Browns in their overtime win. They gained 456 yards, converted half of their third- and fourth-down attempts and racked up 34 total first downs in the game.

Because Cleveland’s defense couldn’t stop this attack, the Bucs ended up running 26 more offensive plays than the Browns — wasting a pretty good game from rookie Baker Mayfield.

Articles written by small minds don't deserve a large font...

• It's not a coincidence that in "the past two games" Williams has been missing his defensive QB. Yet...
  • ... Williams' D continues to rack up turnovers. The 4 takeaways we posted vs. TB was the 2nd highest total this season. We are on pace to produce 59 for the season. The NFL record is 66.
  • Baker did not have a "good game"... he had a good half. Seven 1st-half "drives" ended as follows:
    • Punt
    • Punt
    • Punt
    • Punt
    • Punt
    • Punt
    • turnover on downs

I didn't see it mentioned on here, but our last 3rd down in overtime when Baker got sacked wasn't actually all on the QB or the playcaller.  Antonio Callaway ran the complete wrong route, which is why Baker was so confused and didn't get the ball out.  Most important play of the game...and Callaway runs the wrong route.  I just cant...

Obviously we would like Baker to find a way to throw it away, but whatever.  It's got to be jarring when you look to throw the ball and the guy just isn't there.  It's almost unthinkable that 2 of our last plays in overtime were a fumbled punt and a receiver running the wrong route.  It's hard to blame coaching when your players don't do THEIR jobs.  I know our coaches are struggling, and I'm not making TOO many excuses, but Hue doesn't return punts, and Hue can't run routes for people.  Just sucks man.  

33 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I didn't see it mentioned on here, but our last 3rd down in overtime when Baker got sacked wasn't actually all on the QB or the playcaller.  Antonio Callaway ran the complete wrong route, which is why Baker was so confused and didn't get the ball out.  Most important play of the game...and Callaway runs the wrong route.  I just cant...

Obviously we would like Baker to find a way to throw it away, but whatever.  It's got to be jarring when you look to throw the ball and the guy just isn't there.  It's almost unthinkable that 2 of our last plays in overtime were a fumbled punt and a receiver running the wrong route.  It's hard to blame coaching when your players don't do THEIR jobs.  I know our coaches are struggling, and I'm not making TOO many excuses, but Hue doesn't return punts, and Hue can't run routes for people.  Just sucks man.  

Losing generally is always a team effort.  Coaches coaching poorly, players playing poorly.

Archived