THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Buccaneers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

13 minutes ago, ATOM said:

fuk the sneak CHUBB should have had the ball in his hands which btw has been said a zillion times allready today

Meh. One yard to get I’m sneaking it every time. It needs to be automatic. 

After watching that sneak attempt, anybody saying they should have gone for it on 4th and inches in the Oakland game should change their tune. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, hx214 said:

After watching that sneak attempt, anybody saying they should have gone for it on 4th and inches in the Oakland game should change their tune. 

I thought that too... 

10 minutes ago, browns52 said:

peppers facking blows...

i wouldn't neccessarily even go that far.  As a former first round pick(especially where the nfl is now) he's a disaster, but thats not his fault.  

He's just very limited in terms of how he can help a team in 2018.  He's not a player that we are going to need to count on(or at least I hope not) when we are hopefully good.  We need some more help in the secondayry....im sure it will come in draft and fa/trades in the offseason

4 minutes ago, hx214 said:

dude baker is a little fella let chubb do the big boy work

2 hours ago, JohnnycakeRidge said:

Well done looking stupid there Cowherd.

He’s at around 7 ypa and 6/5.  I’ve watched him through his whole Oklahoma career.  OU’s offensive line dominated opponents, are you watching what Kyler Murray is doing?  I hope for the best but not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

So this c o c k sucker, after after all the chances the Browns gave him decided that he didn't want to play for a losing team, and quit on us to be traded.

That’s what I’ve said all along...I hope he breaks his fukkin leg.

Tough loss...

Hard fought game...

Kinda proud of our team today...

And to say Peppers lost it for us is ludicrous. He made a lot of plays today... 7 solo tackles. Including a beauty of an open field on Godwin who'd slipped behind his man when Winston scrambled.

He lost a fumble... not the game.

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Tough loss...

Hard fought game...

And to say Peppers lost it for us is ludicrous. He made a lot of plays today... 7 solo tackles. Including a beauty of an open field on Godwin who'd slipped behind his man when Winston scrambled.

Very true, it wasn't all on peppers. But it wasn't all on Haley either, and it was frankly pretty classless for Hue to go that direction during the presser.

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

Very true, it wasn't all on peppers. But it wasn't all on Haley either, and it was frankly pretty classless for Hue to go that direction during the presser.

Besides the few weekly trick plays, I think Haley did good. 

However, after the Collins INT, the decision to run the ball wasn’t cool.

That was a great chance to take a shot to set up a game winning field goal. That is the situation we should be pass heavy, even if it means a PA on first down.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Tough loss...

Hard fought game...

This is far too level headed

7 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

A fully healthy Ogbah opposite Garrett is hopefully a sign of things to come 

Ogbah should've had another sack. That one that was taken away due to a Kirskey illegal contact penalty was horse crap. Winston went down right when it happened. We had a lot of penalties, some well deserved, but some of the same calls weren't called on the Bucs, and that's frustrating. 

I've had time to digest and post logically, if that's even possible, and I don't feel a whole lot better. On one hand, we fought our azzes off. We didn't fold like the Bolts game when the score was somewhat similar at half. On the other hand, I'm tired. I'm just sick and tired of not finding a way to win. I'm fed up with disgusting first half performances, and absolutely atrocious game-planning. I cannot stand forcing so many turnovers and doing absolutely nothing with them. I'm sick and effing tired of the cute stuff at the goal line. We waste a down with a stupid pass opportunity, and then we try a QB sneak when we need a half a yard. GIVE IT TO THE EFFING RUNNING BACK YOU COLOSSAL TURD. (I'm talking to YOU, Todd) 

How does Baker not know how to throw the ball away? Can anyone answer? I'm not saying our kicker would've made the 56 yarder, but who knows? What's the ONE thing, other than a turnover, our QB simply CAN'T do there? Take a sack. I don't get it, I really don't. Do not get me wrong, I'm not hating on Baker or anything like that, I'm just saying he doesn't do a good job of letting it fly when he needs to. Where's the single coverage deep? Maybe try a jump ball? Is there a check down? Baker also missed a potential game winner in overtime, and it'll be difficult to watch in film. Baker predetermined he was going to the 5 yard out route and threw it immediately even though coverage was perfect. There was NO WAY he could complete it. Had he looked at the OTHER receiver streaking down the sideline and WAITING for the ball, it would've been a huge play. The receiver had one guy to beat, and he was gone. A touchdown in overtime. Yes....those exist. I promise you they do. Believe it or not, you're actually ALLOWED to score touchdowns in overtime. 

I think the worst part is that Hue Jackson is likely toast. I absolutely hate losing a coach mid-year. It's the worst. I can't think of too many times it ever works out. You want Gregg Williams coaching? Todd Haley?! I sure as heck don't. I HATE Todd Haley and his approach. What the heck were we doing the entire first half? Every single 3rd down we threw short of the sticks. It was awful. 

Anyway, another game and another way to figure out how to lose. At one point I was just happy we came back, and if we lost ok that FG in regulation, I would have been happy with our performance. But going to overtime, choking again....I'm furious. Again. With some teams coming up on the schedule who will wax our pathetic azzes. 

At film time 2:42 with 8 mins. left, Baker slides feet first, when flag is picked up calling him a runner, With Hue stating at presser ref told him "He's not rewarded that protection-he's a runner" Well no.. he's a rookie not rewarded protection..We can't post twitter here, but there is a reverse angle of a crown of helmet directly hitting Baker in head..Landry catches pass to 2 yard line than We get stuffed at goal line. Than Landry does score with 2:28 left to tie at 23.    

1 hour ago, finger Mellon said:

Damn, the whole division lost.  PIT had the week off and now PIT is #1.  This is the best Sunday that the Steelers have had this season.  They should take every week off.

I am not sure you can say that the Steelers are #1.  At 3-2-1 they are in a virtual tie with both the Ravens and Bengals who are 4-3....though they do have a percentage point lead.   Playing one fewer game gives them the edge. It is a bit further complicated by the fact that the Ravens beat the Steelers, and the Steelers beat the Bengals, and the Bengals beat the Ravens.

But, also, note:  the Browns actually have the best record within the division,  with a 1-0-1 record.     Ravens are 1-2,  Bengals 1-1, and Steelers are 1-1-1.

Browns and Steelers play again Sunday.   Bengals play the Bucs,  Ravens play Panthers.

If the playoffs started today, the Steelers would have the division lead as a result of those percentage points.........and it is still quite possible that that tie will come into play when deciding the division ultimately.

TBH after the first quarter I didn't think we'd win this game, we came back to tie it but at no point did I think we'd win it. The offense just isn't good enough and defenses are stacking the box now that we lack a legitimate deep threat.

Gregg Williams’ defense started out the year red hot. The past two games, however, it has fallen apart at the seams.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were able to move the ball at will at home against the Cleveland Browns in their overtime win. They gained 456 yards, converted half of their third- and fourth-down attempts and racked up 34 total first downs in the game.

Because Cleveland’s defense couldn’t stop this attack, the Bucs ended up running 26 more offensive plays than the Browns — wasting a pretty good game from rookie Baker Mayfield.

Silver lining: Cleveland did force Jameis Winston into three turnovers — and four total in this game. So, that continues to be a huge strength of this defense.

4 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

That’s harsh on the defense I think. They did enough to win the game the offense couldn’t keep them off the field 

The defense was getting shredded the entire first half.    This defense, every single week, gives up a big drive after the offense scores.    Happens every week.   So sick and tired of the "well they're tired excuses", that's bullshit.  TOP wasn't that much of a difference again yesterday.   The defense can't get off the field.  Penalties on 3rd down over and over again.   Browns score to get to 16-9, all momentum on the Browns side.  Defense goes out and gives up a 75 yard drive and suddenly it's a 14 point lead again. 

31 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Trading away yet another starting veteran for a late round pick.. I don't think it's overreacting fuk o..

You don't say bitching in the first quarter of the game when Chubb ended up with these numbers is completely over reacting.     If you couldn't see that he has more speed and gets through the line quicker than Hyde has been, then you're just not watching the game.   Just one more former Browns player for you to keep bitching about all the time.

Nick Chubb 18 80 1

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

You don't say bitching in the first quarter of the game when Chubb ended up with these numbers is completely over reacting.     If you couldn't see that he has more speed and gets through the line quicker than Hyde has been, then you're just not watching the game.   Just one more former Browns player for you to keep bitching about all the time.

Nick Chubb 18 80 1

Yeah I'll admit.. he looked better as the game went on but I still have concerns..

Especially with the online, Chubbs injury history. 

Just didn't seem like a smart trade. Not for a 5th rounder..

3 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Yeah I'll admit.. he looked better as the game went on but I still have concerns..

Especially with the online, Chubbs injury history. 

Just didn't seem like a smart trade. Not for a 5th rounder..

O-line seemed to open holes for Chubb just fine yesterday.   Same line as the one Hyde was struggling to find more than 3.5 yards per carry behind. 

19 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Agree...

One of the things I said going into the game was that we did not know how their new DC was going to call the game... and we didn't... for a half.

The collective memory of this Board is shite. It bitched about the lack of halftime adjustments. Seems pretty clear to me we made some Sunday... on both sides of the ball.

18 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

This is far too level headed

It's a curse...

4 hours ago, Mark O said:

Gregg Williams’ defense started out the year red hot. The past two games, however, it has fallen apart at the seams.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were able to move the ball at will at home against the Cleveland Browns in their overtime win. They gained 456 yards, converted half of their third- and fourth-down attempts and racked up 34 total first downs in the game.

Because Cleveland’s defense couldn’t stop this attack, the Bucs ended up running 26 more offensive plays than the Browns — wasting a pretty good game from rookie Baker Mayfield.

Silver lining: Cleveland did force Jameis Winston into three turnovers — and four total in this game. So, that continues to be a huge strength of this defense.

Giving up 26 points total while collecting 4 turnovers only to score 1/3 of the points in the first half that your offense has is a far cry from "Falling apart".  

Defense won't be able to stop everyone every drive and they've given up a couple crucial drives.  Worth noting those were the games the offense kept them on the field for seemingly whole halves.  

I don't fault either side in the Tampa game, in all honesty.   Defense gave the offense shots in the first half and they failed.   Vice versa in the 2nd half.  

Archived