THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Buccaneers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Hue needs to be fired.  And Peppers needs to be cut the Shmucking fumbler.

he actually had a nice punt return earlier in game....but that fumble basically swung the game at the very end.  He provided more negative value with that one fumble than the likely positive value he will provide for us in his whole career going forward.  

Just now, Tacosman said:

he actually had a nice punt return earlier in game....but that fumble basically swung the game at the very end.  He provided more negative value with that one fumble than the likely positive value he will provide for us in his whole career going forward.  

Swings the game when you get a INT on the 50 and your offensive Coordinator runs 3 trick plays for negative yards and punt 

4 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Hue needs to be fired.  And Peppers needs to be cut the Shmucking fumbler.

Hue needed to be fire after year 1. Our owners are losers with a loser headcoach.  They deserve each other

7 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Inconsistent stretches of play for too long on both sides of the ball.  

Defense generated some turnovers that the offense needs to capitalize more on though.  Haley does dumb Sheet and Pep Pep tried to do too much.    Frustrating all around. 

..... our 3rd and 3 in OT was the last straw for me. Run the mutherShmucking ball and worst case you have to choose between a 4th and 1 or a long game winning FG..... Instead, we throw - like we always do now... because apparently we're the new version of The Run and Shoot and the kid of course gets sacked.

Worst game day flow coaching staff I have ever seen. 

when baker ran for 38 yards and a first down even tho he had not completely gave himself up the defender still lead with his helmet to bakers helmet how in the hell is that not  penalized 

The 24 hour no posting rule is in serious effect for me. As happy as I am with coming back, I can't believe the way we lost. But maybe I should. Before the season I hoped our losing mentality was over. A new team, a new persona. But no. We do nothing but find ways to lose, and it's almost unthinkable for Peppers to fumble that ball or for Baker to take that sack. And what about the Winston fumbled snap? We recover and we probably win. Do we get that fumble? Of course not. Did we lose OUR fumbled snap against Oakland? Of course we did. It's what we do, and I have no clue how to stop it. We just are....the Browns. And we lose. It almost seems like we can't help it. We had the ball at their 45 yard line and did nothing with it. It's kind of sad, really. 

There are a few positives, but I don't much feel like talking about them right now. I just went through all my texts from my friends and they all said they knew the Browns could do it. They knew they'd find a way. It's tough to argue with them I guess. I don't know when things will change. I don't understand some of the things the ref call on us compared to the other teams. Don't understand our coaches either. 

Baker Mayfield will say the loss is on him, and he is right this time. He fought and got us back into it, but ultimately he cost us with that ridiculous fumble that obviously had to go out of bounds before the first. He again didn't get rid of the ball, and he missed a wide open deep shot when he forced that uncatchable ball on 3rd down in OT. He's young and hell learn, but these opportunities are so rare, and he's not yet strong enough to overcome being a Cleveland Brown. Maybe he will be someday. 

1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

He was considered a running back.

Even if he's a runner -which I think he is-, the defender lead with the helmet and that's ilegal. 

Peppers' hit last year was softer than the way this one was made.

Just now, jiggins7919 said:

The 24 hour no posting rule is in serious effect for me. As happy as I am with coming back, I can't believe the way we lost. But maybe I should. Before the season I hoped our losing mentality was over. A new team, a new persona. But no. We do nothing but find ways to lose, and it's almost unthinkable for Peppers to fumble that ball or for Baker to take that sack. And what about the Winston fumbled snap? We recover and we probably win. Do we get that fumble? Of course not. Did we lose OUR fumbled snap against Oakland? Of course we did. It's what we do, and I have no clue how to stop it. We just are....the Browns. And we lose. It almost seems like we can't help it. We had the ball at their 45 yard line and did nothing with it. It's kind of sad, really. 

There are a few positives, but I don't much feel like talking about them right now. I just went through all my texts from my friends and they all said they knew the Browns could do it. They knew they'd find a way. It's tough to argue with them I guess. I don't know when things will change. I don't understand some of the things the ref call on us compared to the other teams. Don't understand our coaches either. 

Baker Mayfield will say the loss is on him, and he is right this time. He fought and got us back into it, but ultimately he cost us with that ridiculous fumble that obviously had to go out of bounds before the first. He again didn't get rid of the ball, and he missed a wide open deep shot when he forced that uncatchable ball on 3rd down in OT. He's young and hell learn, but these opportunities are so rare, and he's not yet strong enough to overcome being a Cleveland Brown. Maybe he will be someday. 

I disagree.  I think he had a good game.  Peppers cost us t he game, without a doubt.

Just now, Nero said:

Even if he's a runner -which I think he is-, the defender lead with the helmet and that's ilegal. 

Peppers' hit last year was softer than the way this one was made.

That's not what they said on television.  Only receivers can't be hit with the helmet.

Archived