THE BROWNS BOARD

Terrelle Pryor

darren15

The question is:    Are we desperate to bring in another WR......or are the Browns willing to go with the young talent they have, like Ratley etc.,  and/or willing to wait on the return of  Higgins.

But....if they are desperate to bring in someone else.......who would be the best person to bring in who is available.

We know 2 names:  Dez Bryant and now  Terrelle Pryor.    Who else may be out there if the Browns do decide to go that route?

Or, is it a case of just waiting for the draft next year and try to snag a top prospect?

Here is a list:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019WR.php

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, gumby73 said:

buckeye fan, just never been a fan of his persona'...77 catches on 140 targets/ 1007 yards/13.1 y/r..4 tds..long of 54 yards..am remembering a square in or out guy with a few comeback routes..He was good for 5 yards of yac though..imo he's a WR3 elsewhere, while were looking for a true WR1 with a solid WR2    

Persona??? Did not bother me nearly as much as his QB play...

Gruden seems determined to make the team over. I believe that makes three #1's he has for 2019.

And buoyed by his 10-year contract, he ain't afraid to break a few eggs.

16 minutes ago, Orion said:

Pryor had a chip on his shoulder as a WR.  

We're 7 games into the season and have 2 wins.  I doubt we'll be making trades with this season in mind anymore.

Pryor was cut....it would not require a trade, no?

I don't see why we should give up on this season....seeing how hard they have played, and seeing this division...and seeing that another weapon on offense could make a big difference to the Browns.  (not that I am saying  Pryor is that weapon....but if the FO thinks he could be, I got no problem with it.)

Just now, The Gipper said:

Pryor was cut....it would not require a trade, no?

My bad for not being clear.   

That was two totally separate thoughts.  Thought #2 was not relating to Pryor.

• 4 weeks later...

Now been cut by the Bills after two weeks, if a WR can't stay on that Bills roster then well.....

I know some don't like old players being brought up, they're gone now, but this one pleases me. Him and his agent acted like arseholes with us, been downhill for TP ever since

36 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Now been cut by the Bills after two weeks, if a WR can't stay on that Bills roster then well.....

I know some don't like old players being brought up, they're gone now, but this one pleases me. Him and his agent acted like arseholes with us, been downhill for TP ever since

I never blamed TP. I always thought he chose a really bad agent to represent what he had to offer.

On 10/22/2018 at 10:46 AM, The Gipper said:

The question is:    Are we desperate to bring in another WR......or are the Browns willing to go with the young talent they have, like Ratley etc.,  and/or willing to wait on the return of  Higgins.

But....if they are desperate to bring in someone else.......who would be the best person to bring in who is available.

We know 2 names:  Dez Bryant and now  Terrelle Pryor.    Who else may be out there if the Browns do decide to go that route?

Or, is it a case of just waiting for the draft next year and try to snag a top prospect?

Here is a list:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019WR.php

I think we stand pat and go for the draft or FA. Unless we get hammered at the position with injuries. 

12 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I think we stand pat and go for the draft or FA. Unless we get hammered at the position with injuries. 

Some names I quite like here are Ununwa, Funchess and John Brown

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/wide-receiver/

14 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Some names I quite like here are Ununwa, Funchess and John Brown

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/wide-receiver/

WR of the LAC, Tyrell Williams is having a nice quiet season with Rivers..the Guy can run & is a nice tall target being used outside in redzone..5 TD's on few targets with a 19.1 yard/catch..I like Ununwa also..

I'm going to give Dorseey credit for signings he didn't do too, because this team didn't need a Dez or a Pryor ... They needed a Kitchens

Freddie has done a nice job of mixing Calloway, Higgins and Perriman into the offense and allowing Baker to get them all involved. We also did some nice three tight end sets ... Reminds me of some of what Shanihan did when he was here, but now we have a much better QB in Baker over Hoyer.

Calloway played 74% of the snaps last week, and watching him blocking off his man and directing traffic on Chubb's 92 yard run was a thing of beauty. He doesn't seem like the diva type, so when his head catches up with his talent he is going to be a terrific player for us.

I think we will add another part in the offseason, whether it is the draft or free agency, but getting these young guys playing time has been invaluable, and seeing Baker develop with them has been awesome.

Zombo

3 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Most likely, I agree. Especially now with Higgins back and playing......and with an OC who seems like he wants to spread the ball around.

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

I'm going to give Dorseey credit for signings he didn't do too, because this team didn't need a Dez or a Pryor ... They needed a Kitchens

Freddie has done a nice job of mixing Calloway, Higgins and Perriman into the offense and allowing Baker to get them all involved. We also did some nice three tight end sets ... Reminds me of some of what Shanihan did when he was here, but now we have a much better QB in Baker over Hoyer.

Calloway played 74% of the snaps last week, and watching him blocking off his man and directing traffic on Chubb's 92 yard run was a thing of beauty. He doesn't seem like the diva type, so when his head catches up with his talent he is going to be a terrific player for us.

I think we will add another part in the offseason, whether it is the draft or free agency, but getting these young guys playing time has been invaluable, and seeing Baker develop with them has been awesome.

Zombo

Those other parts can certainly be along the OL.....and at each level of the defense.  

4 picks in rounds 1,2,3.    Wouldn't surprise me if they go  OL, DB, LB, DL  (not necessarily in that order) WR may be only like 5th priority.

Remember....Dorsey took Corbett high in round 2.   I am sure that he still wants to see what this guy can do.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Most likely, I agree. Especially now with Higgins back and playing......and with an OC who seems like he wants to spread the ball around.

Nice thing about the Falcons game was Baker was back on target with his throws. 12 completions in a row means no drops by the WRs. 

13 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Nice thing about the Falcons game was Baker was back on target with his throws. 12 completions in a row means no drops by the WRs. 

Man that was like watching the twilight zone , unfold. Right in front of your eyes...It's uncanny when you think.. He didn't get the 1's all through otas , TC and any organized deals... Imagine him next year with a seasoned Higgins... a more dependable pass catcher in Callaway... I would like to think we havent seen the last of him this season.. Thats a hella lotta talent in one seasons draft... Nice haul for Dorsey...

We offered to overpay the dude based on what his actual market value was and he scoffed us hard. The contract Kenny Britt got (4 years/32 million/11 million guaranteed) would have been what Pryor got all day from this organization. I suppose part of me can't judge a man for betting on himself, but he gambled and lost. He lost the mojo he ever had here and won't magically bring it back. 

Still early yet, but have to like how Perriman has looked so far. That said...

I think Higgins is the key to our air attack at present.

46 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

They’ve actually been practicing fundamentals and it shows. Less penalties, more points. Who sez practice doesn’t matter? Hue sez

Meh. I never bought into penalties being a lack of coaching. 

Freaking NFL players that don't know how to line up on the right side of the ball?  NFL linemen that false start?  At this point, you can't teach stupid. 

Penalties like holding and pass interference are a 50/50 call.  Linemen hold on every play, it's just whether they call it.  DB's have refs in one game that call PI for touching a guy, then the next game they can hang all over people... 

KC is the most penalized team in the NFL.

30 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Meh. I never bought into penalties being a lack of coaching. 

Freaking NFL players that don't know how to line up on the right side of the ball?  NFL linemen that false start?  At this point, you can't teach stupid. 

Penalties like holding and pass interference are a 50/50 call.  Linemen hold on every play, it's just whether they call it.  DB's have refs in one game that call PI for touching a guy, then the next game they can hang all over people... 

KC is the most penalized team in the NFL.

Ever hear the phrase.... practice makes perfect? Every sport practices intensely. To do otherwise does teach stupid. Coach is just another word for teacher. Practice matters and shows. Work on weak areas and they get better. Like magic!

Archived