THE BROWNS BOARD

Hyde traded

Kvoethe

32 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Dorsey probably knows Hue isn’t going to use Chubb as long as a veteran is around. Forced his hand. 

Preparing for next year without Hue hopefully. 

We can only hope. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

This had better be followed up by getting a new receiver. Otherwise I think it's a needless gamble.

Thinking the same way.

This strikes me as a move made by a GM who knows the current coaching staff isn't going to be here next season, and he could not give a flying fudge (but I didn't say fudge) about what they want or their feelings. He's going to get who he wants on the field now. 

fukking Retarded trading ur grinder for a 5th. Hyde has been our workhorse. chubb needs time. Yesterday obe could argue this team had the best RB room ib the NFL. And today we dont. So god damn fukking stupid to do this now. 

y'all can count on a thread im gonna make later this season when chibb gets dinged and this rerarded fukking kunt of an organization starts asking duke to do all the heavy lifting.....possibly getting him long term injured.

If this trade blows up in tbe browns face u can almoat guarantee we'll start to hear grumbling out of baker too cause they kunt swapped his stud backfield. Once baker has zero run game to rely on and teams just pin the ears back and come after him......well, baker was nice while it lasted. A couple feely good games, thanks jimmy...thanks dorsey. Now lets get baxk to talking about the #1 pick

27 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

This also clears a roster spot

A young WR off a practice squad somewhere? 

Some close to Browns saying Chubb was earmarked for a much larger role from here on out so they got something for Hyde before his value became zero 

52 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

This strikes me as a move made by a GM who knows the current coaching staff isn't going to be here next season, and he could not give a flying fudge (but I didn't say fudge) about what they want or their feelings. He's going to get who he wants on the field now. 

Like you... I just feel like Hue is bench warmer... .. I just hope doesn't start his back stabbing Sheet again...

again, expanding chubbs touches doesnt mean having to trade the guy that got u 3 yds when u needed it. Im not sure chubb can get those tough interior yds like hyde does. They were pretty good comolinents to each other. and one was pretty good at guarding the young qb while the other might get him killed

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Ya or it gives Hue another excuse for Jimmah. 

“He trades my starting veteran running back mid season for a 5th round pick”

Not to mention Dorsey signed Hyde. So he’s using the Vet he signed at RB... just like he was using the QB vet he signed 

I don’t know. Hopefully they are taking the payroll of a player they don’t really need and signing a WR or some LB depth...

52 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

again, expanding chubbs touches doesnt mean having to trade the guy that got u 3 yds when u needed itd

Ah, correct me if I am wrong but those loser coaches did not use him when we were 1st and goal from the 1 last game. So there's that.

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

A young WR off a practice squad somewhere? 

Some close to Browns saying Chubb was earmarked for a much larger role from here on out so they got something for Hyde before his value became zero 

And should Chubb get hurt, Hyde's value is way more than zero.Our depth is approaching zero. 

1 minute ago, stillmotion said:

This was kind of ridiculous. I understand wanting to get duke the ball more, but hyde was a beast. I understand we want to give chubb more looks too and cut down on money. But realistically we're an injury away from being screwed now.

I don't know if I totally agree with it, but Dorsey might be thinking that some guy he finds off someone's practice squad could give him 3.4 yards a carry, and now that guy can be #3 and the guys he wants to see on the field - Chubb and Johnson will have to be?

This happened faster than I expected, I figured Hyde was going to be traded/cut this offseason. 

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ah, correct me if I am wrong but those loser coaches did not use him when we were 1st and goal from the 1 last game. So there's that.

ur not wrong here. But just because our OC likes faggy playcalling at precisely the wrong times, doesnt mean hyde had no value. This is such a sht move. It reminds me of holmgrens "fullbacks dont matter" so lets use peyton hillis next year out of single back west coast hoorseshit.

god fukking dammit. This team always blows up.something tbey start to.do well. Omg last we stopped the run well so lets torpedo that.....🤬🤬🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I still don’t get the reasoning behind this trade, only thing I can think of is they are trying to bring in some big money players before the deadline.... need WR, CB depth, LB depth...

but the Browns are still 5th in salary cap space in the league... 

Relax boys Dorsey knows what’s he’s doing I was a big skeptic at first with the mayfield Ward picks but the man can build a team.  I would say he got the draft pick not only to get Chubb in the line up but to give Oakland a 5th and a third for cooper.  As the dough bag in Green Bay said R.A.L.A.X this is a good thing get rid the player a year early not a year late.  What I am waiting to see is where Tyrod is going and what we will get for him.  Back to buffalo for Benjamin.  Mabey to New York for Shepard all good things.

31 minutes ago, hx214 said:

I still don’t get the reasoning behind this trade, only thing I can think of is they are trying to bring in some big money players before the deadline.... need WR, CB depth, LB depth...

but the Browns are still 5th in salary cap space in the league... 

Dorsey thinks this is a young team still in the rebuilding stage, while Hue is obvious win now mode.

Dorsey sees that Chubb and Johnson are part of the future, but Hyde was getting over 70% of the rushes from the tailback position. In Dorsey's world of building for the future, that made zero sense. 

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Dorsey thinks this is a young team still in the rebuilding stage, while Hue is obvious win now mode.

Dorsey sees that Chubb and Johnson are part of the future, but Hyde was getting over 70% of the rushes from the tailback position. In Dorsey's world of building for the future, that made zero sense. 

So why did Dorsey sign Hyde in the first place?  

(Then he drafted Chubb with a 2nd, then paid Duke top ten RB money..... senior moment??)

I’m not saying Chubb shouldn’t be #1 back, I’ve been complaining Duke needs the ball way more also.  Just don’t get trading away a guy that can produce and keeps a position at good depth for a flipping fifth round pick on the youngest team in the NFL. Most teams would just move a guy to a different spot on the depth chart...

Archived