THE BROWNS BOARD

The 16 greatest NFL coaches of all time from FOX Sports (2016)

mjp28

The 16 greatest NFL coaches of all time from FOX Sports (2016)......so how close is Hue or any of today's coaches, well you judge!

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/greatest-nfl-coaches-of-all-time-bill-walsh-vince-lombardi-chuck-noll-don-shula-042715

A start.... 16. George Allen  15. Tony Dungy 14. Bud Grant 13.Marv Levy 12. Curly Lambeau 11. John Madden 10. Bill Parcells 9.* Joe Gibbs 8. Tom Landry 7. George Halas 6. Chuck Noll 5. Paul Brown

WHOA talk about a tough list! So who are the top 5 and who's on the snub list?

Can you finish out your exact list 5-4-3-2-1 I'll bet you will be surprised......at least a little! What is your top 10?

* minor correction 9. is Joe Gibbs not Levy

4 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

The 16 greatest NFL coaches of all time from FOX Sports (2016)......so how close is Hue or any of today's coaches, well you judge!

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/greatest-nfl-coaches-of-all-time-bill-walsh-vince-lombardi-chuck-noll-don-shula-042715

A start.... 16. George Allen  15. Tony Dungy 14. Bud Grant 13.Marv Levy 12. Curly Lambeau 11. John Madden 10. Bill Parcells 9. Marv Levy 8. Tom Landry 7. George Halas 6. Chuck Noll 5. Paul Brown

Can you finish out the list 4-3-2-1 I'll bet you will be surprised......at least a little! What is your top 10?

Bill Walsh

Billy B

Don Shula

Vince Lombardi

did I ever say it’s a coaches league? One more is a who?

Good coaches seem to win. 

4 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

A start.... 16. George Allen  15. Tony Dungy 14. Bud Grant 13.Marv Levy 12. Curly Lambeau 11. John Madden 10. Bill Parcells 9. Marv Levy 8. Tom Landry 7. George Halas 6. Chuck Noll 5. Paul Brown

Can you finish out the list 4-3-2-1 I'll bet you will be surprised......at least a little! What is your top 10?

I'm guessing Belichick, Lombardi, Walsh, and Hue Jackson. 

🤣

Just now, flyingfooldoug said:

Bill Walsh

Billy B

Don Shula

Vince Lombardi

did I ever say it’s a coaches league? One more is a who?

Good coaches seem to win. 

Good coaches at all levels generally are tough no nonsense guys with the occassional nice guys sprinkled in.

7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Good coaches at all levels generally are tough no nonsense guys with the occassional nice guys sprinkled in.

You can be nice and still be tough. One Lt gets killed by friendly fire. 

Another has a platoon chomping at the bit to charge an enemy position. 

Its a God given quality called leadership.

some have”it”

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Think of how many coaches on that list are what you would call disciples of Paul Brown probably nine out of 10. Shula Walsh Noll

Paul Brown is the father of the modern NFL. 

I think Lombardi is the best HC ever, but PB should have been in the top 4. 

Archived