THE BROWNS BOARD

Rihanna turns down Super Bowl

Westside Steve

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/rihanna-turned-down-the-super-bowl-halftime-show-in-sol-1829856281

That will come as a blow to the Ace Hardware chain who is planning an ad campaign for their new line of buckets which she is wearing on her head.

For you younger members, is she still a thing or what?

WSS

I don't watch the half time shows anymore. There was a stretch there for a while where they went with some of the older groups like the Who, the Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney,  Tom Petty etc which I liked ...but it looks like these were the last of the "mohicans" so to speak and the NFL is now going with the newer artists.

]

On 10/19/2018 at 10:35 AM, Westside Steve said:

The Paul McCartney halftime bummed me out because they had so much obvious pitch correction on his voice. That rarely sounds good and a live perfomance.

WSS

Steve, when you say 'pitch correction' are you talking about auto-tune? While I don't have a musical bone in my body, am I correct in saying that being off-pitch is a nice way of saying a singer is 'flat' or 'off-key'? 

I read somewhere that auto-tune is effective in a studio setting but, because of crowd/back-up noise, etc. it doesn't do so well in a live setting. 

Your thoughts?

Archived