THE BROWNS BOARD

WRs to watch for Browns and the upcoming draft

Dutch Oven

You all need a tackle. Harrison spent all game Sunday legit just tackling people to the ground. It was insane to see. He was put in a ridiculous spot as a udfa starter at the most important spot on the line. He’s pretty much unplayable.

5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

You all need a tackle. Harrison spent all game Sunday legit just tackling people to the ground. It was insane to see. He was put in a ridiculous spot as a udfa starter at the most important spot on the line. He’s pretty much unplayable.

He’s a rookie and he has rookie growing pains. He is supposedly has a lot of talent so but yes he needs to get a lot better if we want to keep that job

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

He’s a rookie and he has rookie growing pains. He is supposedly has a lot of talent so but yes he needs to get a lot better if we want to keep that job

Gipper watch the tape, it’s not hard to find. He’s not blocking guys, he’s legit tackling them like he’s a safety to the ground. He got flagged a few times for it and it never got any better. He may have talent but he needs to be on the bench.

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Gipper watch the tape, it’s not hard to find. He’s not blocking guys, he’s legit tackling them like he’s a safety to the ground. He got flagged a few times for it and it never got any better. He may have talent but he needs to be on the bench.

He needs to be taught better, sure.  But how does talent learn?  By playing. Being on the bench may not help that much.  I have seen what you are talking about him "tackling guys"...which he does on occasion (he certainly "blocks" guys on nearly every play)... that is part of what he needs to learn not to do. 

Tell you what.....have the Steelers fire their OL coach and let us have him....then we can see how good he can be.

3 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

Collin Johnson from Texas.  6.5 220 great hand 4.5 40 that’s the big boy they need 

Sounds good to me

I would think Dorsey has been or will be at his games 

31 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Sounds good to me

I would think Dorsey has been or will be at his games 

Don’t know if you have watch any Texas games but last year as well as this year he’s been the reason they have won games.  Big catches when it mattered 

14 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Mike Evans 2.0? ⬆️

He's a physical specimen for sure. I recommend watching his highlights and if you happen to see Iowa State on the guide, flip it on. You won't be disappointed.

Good thing is i think he might be able to be snagged in the 2nd round if he comes out this year. He seems pretty unnoticed so far.

Honestly I could also see Dorsey picking Parris Campbell in the later rounds unless Dorsey feels he has found his Tyreek Hill in Antonio Callaway. Campbell certainly has to work on his hands but so did Hill when he first came to league. Campbell will likely run sub 4.4 at the combine. I'm not sure that i like him as an NFL receiver but I could see Dorsey grabbing him late because of the Hill comparisons.

47 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Honestly I could also see Dorsey picking Parris Campbell in the later rounds unless Dorsey feels he has found his Tyreek Hill in Antonio Callaway. Campbell certainly has to work on his hands but so did Hill when he first came to league. Campbell will likely run sub 4.4 at the combine. I'm not sure that i like him as an NFL receiver but I could see Dorsey grabbing him late because of the Hill comparisons.

I am not sure that Campbell wil last until the "later rounds".  I seem to recall seeing him as like one of the Top 5 receivers that may come out this year.

45 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am not sure that Campbell wil last until the "later rounds".  I seem to recall seeing him as like one of the Top 5 receivers that may come out this year.

From someone that watches each Buckeyes games more than one, my opinion is that will be a severe reach if he's taken in the first two rounds.

He may get drafted early based on his speed like John Ross. However he does not track the ball well especially on deep passes which is where his speed would be utilized. He has questionable hands and double catches a lot of passes. I've rarely seen him go up and make contested 50/50 catches and actually I can't think of one in particular instance right now where he did but I'm sure there's a few I'm overlooking.

Edit he's also not exactly a polished route Runner

1 hour ago, Louisville Slugger said:

That Butler kid looks better than most of the other big WRs projecting to go in the 1st round, but I think Dorsey has a type. I think he prefers quick, ran after catch type guys. 

I agree and I think he looks better than big wide receivers projected to go in the first but most list I've looked at have him somewhere around the 15th to 35th best wide receiver

5 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

That Butler kid looks better than most of the other big WRs projecting to go in the 1st round, but I think Dorsey has a type. I think he prefers quick, ran after catch type guys. 

So does NE usually.

20 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

From someone that watches each Buckeyes games more than one, my opinion is that will be a severe reach if he's taken in the first two rounds.

He may get drafted early based on his speed like John Ross. However he does not track the ball well especially on deep passes which is where his speed would be utilized. He has questionable hands and double catches a lot of passes. I've rarely seen him go up and make contested 50/50 catches and actually I can't think of one in particular instance right now where he did but I'm sure there's a few I'm overlooking.

Edit he's also not exactly a polished route Runner

Well.....this service has him rated the #2  WR prospect.  http://walterfootball.com/draft2019WR.php

This service has him #1:  http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2019&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

This isn't the same site that had Mason Rudolph rated as a first-rounder, is it? 😝

18 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

This isn't the same site that had Mason Rudolph rated as a first-rounder, is it? 😝

Actually, no, it isn't.

Besides,  the fact is, we know nothing about Rudolph.  I mean, he is a rookie and they have BR.  If  Baker, Darnold, Rosen, Allen had a HOFer playing in front of them, they too would be riding the pine. Lamar Jackson only gets in once in a while because of his unique running skills.

Antoine Wesley junior wide receiver Texas tech 6'5 175 mid 4.5 speed. On fox vs Texas right now. Strong guy high points ball runs through tackles. I still like butler more but this is a guy you might be able to target later if you are trying to get value.

Regarding the Parris Campbell comments earlier watching the Oklahoma game today Todd McShay listed as top 5 wide receivers and Campbell wasn't on there and the overall rank of the 5th best wide receiver according to him was mid-forties

Colin Johnson is out in the game but you can get a good look of lilJordan Humphreys who is another good texas wr

Archived