THE BROWNS BOARD

WRs to watch for Browns and the upcoming draft

Dutch Oven

I know we are trying to avoid draft talk (for good reason) already, but this is a pretty good cheat sheet for watching college games for the rest of the season regarding possible Browns targets at WR. Including the nephew of Eric Metcalf....

https://www.cleveland.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/10/b7b066c7666994/what-wide-receiver-prospects-c.html#incart_2box

19 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

I like that Marquise Brown.. Dude is fast and shifty af

Going through the article, he kind of jumped out at me too...

The only thing is about him is his size, and I'd like the Browns to get a good sized WR. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Going through the article, he kind of jumped out at me too...

The only thing is about him is his size, and I'd like the Browns to get a good sized WR. 

Don't you dare mention good sized WR. Do you want to invoke the kraken?

(Totally agreed)

October............Browns draft scenarios..........ahh, the smell of fall in the air.........

Yup, they'll be scouting WR's.

.....Corey Coleman singed on to the Giants practice squad.   They're out scrapping the bottom of the WR barrel too.  

3 hours ago, Nero said:

Don't you dare mention good sized WR. Do you want to invoke the kraken?

(Totally agreed)

Did you see the one WR prospect was born in SPAIN?!

Dude, if the Browns drafted a guy from Spain, you have my word that I will personally send you an authentic Browns jersey with his name and number on it! :) 

1 minute ago, Louisville Slugger said:

This is looking like a bad year to need a WR. I dont see a 1st rounder in that crop. Samuel can play and Sills is interesting, but I dont see spending an early pick on them.

I concur. 

Not a lot of top level talent (1st round) but hopefully a decent amount of second tier (2nd/3rd round) guys. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I concur. 

Not a lot of top level talent (1st round) but hopefully a decent amount of second tier (2nd/3rd round) guys. 

Well Broncos are moving us back up another notch tonight leading by 35 with 2:35 to go. Cardinals @ 1-6 remain in the hunt for #1 overall.

BTW Bradley Chubb leads all rookies with 5 1/2 sacks this year. Miller got two strip sacks and recovered one himself.

19 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well Broncos are moving us back up another notch tonight leading by 35 with 2:35 to go. Cardinals @ 1-6 remain in the hunt for #1 overall.

BTW Bradley Chubb leads all rookies with 5 1/2 sacks this year. Miller got two strip sacks and recovered one himself.

Looks like Chubb vs Ward is a win-win proposition... 

Normally a WR or RB doesn't justify a high draft pick like a QB, DE, OL, DB but this year it might.....

.......unless Flash Gordon would be available next year (just kidding!).

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Chubb has turned it on, no doubt.  But he also got to play against Rosen who was completely frozen last night.  No disrespect to Chubb, but it's not like trying Rivers or Derek Carr.  (two guys who get rid of it quickly).  

Jameis Winston tends to hold onto the ball while trying to get it deep, so Myles needs the game of his life if we're going to win.  He'll have his chances, for sure.  

12 hours ago, Orion said:

October............Browns draft scenarios..........ahh, the smell of fall in the air.........

Yup, they'll be scouting WR's.

.....Corey Coleman singed on to the Giants practice squad.   They're out scrapping the bottom of the WR barrel too.  

So he''s been cut by the Browns, Bills, Patriots (twice), and now the Giants can make it five ...

Zombo

N'Keal Harry is appealing, too.  I hope the WR class ends up being strong so we can address the issue, fix it, and MOVE ON.  

Speaking of WR's, they're going to need to play better than they have all year because I don't think we'll be able to run the ball this weekend.  I foresee a game where we get down early, and if we're going to come back and win, it'll be through the air.  We have scored 6 points in the first quarter through 6 games.  That's NOT a typo.  The Bucs are going to come out desperate and on fire, and they'll feed off the home crowd.  I'm hoping we absorb the early punches, maybe force them to settle for FG's, and then Baker gets us going through the air.  

On 10/19/2018 at 9:08 AM, jiggins7919 said:

N'Keal Harry is appealing, too.   

N'Keal is one of my 3 early WR's i like..AJ Brown of old Miss should be #1 WR on the board..And I really hate big ball catching artist that catch with their body.Hands please!..Were not looking slot with what we pay Landry..Watch these soft hands of Anthony mo'fo Johnson for a big man outside.. 

22 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Johnson does not appear to have the blazing speed for an NFL WR. Any 40 stats on him?

walterfootball has AJ doing about 4.56..1 tick slower than a 8lb. heavier N'Keal 4.57..Johnson just seems to have another gear going to get the deep ball from what i have watched.His QB is bla-bla this season but 6-1 leading MAC..Johnson was to play today my toledo squad..hammy says he may sit..

I like the Sills kid from West Virginia. 

Great size (6'4" 210lbs) and a scoring machine, still learning the position. (Started his college career as a QB at USC)

His scouting report says he's got surprisingly quickness for such a tall receiver, which I also like. 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Great size (6'4" 210lbs) and a scoring machine, still learning the position. (Started his college career as a QB at USC)

His scouting report says he's got surprisingly quickness for such a tall receiver, which I also like. 

I've seen him play twice, once against my YSU Penguins. Like every draft there always seem to be some promising candidates

Oh good shot the 2020 NFL Draft will be in Cleveland/Canton out of the three cities left.

42 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

He's interesting. I read that he also brings that QB mentality to help his QB out on broken plays. Big & creative ain't bad. They talk about 40 speed but, for me, I like good route running, height, & good hands over 40 speed (which isn't worth crap if you drop the ball). I'll be watching him play. Thanks.

Mike

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Johnson was to play today my toledo squad..hammy says he may sit..

sitting hammy;) caught 4 balls-83 yards-20.8 ypc-2 TD's..down went toledo at home..

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2018 at 8:43 AM, gumby73 said:

N'Keal is one of my 3 early WR's i like..AJ Brown of old Miss should be #1 WR on the board..And I really hate big ball catching artist that catch with their body.Hands please!..Were not looking slot with what we pay Landry..Watch these soft hands of Anthony mo'fo Johnson for a big man outside.. 

4 mins. left in 3rd..A.Johnson on 11 targets has 7 catches 228 yards with 3 TD's..a career high game in yards & counting.. on espn2, 42-42 

Archived