THE BROWNS BOARD

SW RADIOS both old analog and newer digital plus related equipment.

mjp28

Shortwave radios both the old analog and the newer digital models and other related listening equipment.

These OLD analog GRUNDIG M100 SW radios, I bought one for my father-in-law before he passed away in 2002 around 1995 and one for me for $18 each brand new. Now everything has gone to digital but I still have both in good condition. Wow $150 each because they are rare and not made anymore.......still have the boxes and paperwork.

Screenshot_2018-10-17-02-03-40.png

I still have this one too sold by what used to be a great store RADIO SHACK the Realistic DX-440 maybe 25 to 30 years ago also sold as the Sangeon 803A.

In perfect condition with the big strap with it.

Screenshot_2018-10-17-02-23-03.png

Screenshot_2018-10-17-02-28-59.png

Just a little look back, I still have some of my old amateur radio stuff from the 1960s in my mother's basement.

I also know I would never pay $199 for the DX-440 shown here, I was very thrifty as a youngster.

Screenshot_2018-10-17-03-09-03.png

I've got a couple of SW radios also.  One is the crank up for power type if you have no electricity.  The other is a rather large one with a very long wire antenna I bought when I was stationed at Naval Radio Receiving Facility, Kami Seya, Japan.  I could pick up broadcasts from the then Soviet Union, North Korea, China, etc.  I haven't used it since the 80's.  I think I have it in a box in the garage somewhere.

Since we had no TV in the first place I lived in Venezuela my Dad got one of those original Zenith Transoceanics new out of the box in 1959 or 1960. It was great. Listened to stations all over the world. My first introduction to pure propaganda from Radio Moscow and Radio Havana up until more recent pure propaganda from the Orange Pumpkin.😂

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Since we had no TV in the first place I lived in Venezuela my Dad got one of those original Zenith Transoceanics new out of the box in 1959 or 1960. It was great. Listened to stations all over the world. My first introduction to pure propaganda from Radio Moscow and Radio Havana up until more recent pure propaganda from the Orange Pumpkin.😂

Deju Vu?

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Wow, about 1960 interesting times, no cable, computers but radio was big stuff post Korea and WWII.

I was 10 in 1960 when my dad started teaching me about electricity then later radio then TV before I was in high school. When I was about 13 I got my FCC Amateur Radio Novice and Technician Licenses I had the theory and 5 wpm code speed. At 16 I had my FCC General License and 13 wpm code speed. As a sophomore and junior we had radio and TV in high school, they cancelled Radio III my senior year.

My dad worked his way up to an E-8 or 9 during WWII and Korea to be the chief electrician on BB-62 the New Jersey. At US Steel he became an Electrical Test Enigeer and also studied TV in the 1950s which he did as a hobby and second job. He was an excellent teacher.

I was big into amateur radio until I started college, we had a 65' tower out back and a lot of other stuff......fun hobby led to a great start in my working career.

Until computers, satellites, cable TV, the internet it was a fun hobby, I still liked to try my SW radios once in awhile......might dust off the good ones some day.

Another old SW receiver which has been in our family first made in 1955 an old relatively inexpensive tube radio the National SW-54, my one brother has it now. A cheap find now at hamfests.

Screenshot_2018-10-18-11-03-11.png

From my friends at Amazon.......

Shortwave Radios

Grundig M100 Portable Radio (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Grundig M100 Portable Radio (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
by Eton

Price: $149.99
Sold by DiscountOutletForSure and Fulfilled by Amazon.

Eton Mini Compact AM/FM/Shortwave Radio, Black, NGWMINIB
Eton Mini Compact AM/FM/Shortwave Radio, Black, NGWMINIB
by Eton

List Price: $44.99
Price: $35.99
You Save: $9.00(20%)

Tecsun PL880 Portable Digital PLL Dual Conversion AM/FM, Longwave & Shortwave Radio with SSB (Single Side Band) Reception
Tecsun PL880 Portable Digital PLL Dual Conversion AM/FM,...
by Tecsun

List Price: $199.99
Price: $159.98
You Save: $40.01(20%)
Ships from and sold by Electronnix.

C Crane CC Skywave AM, FM, Shortwave, Weather and Airband Portable Travel Radio with Clock and Alarm
C Crane CC Skywave AM, FM, Shortwave, Weather and Airband...
by C.Crane

Price: $89.99
Sold by C. Crane and Fulfilled by Amazon.

C. Crane CC Pocket AM FM and NOAA Weather Radio with Clock and Sleep Timer
C. Crane CC Pocket AM FM and NOAA Weather Radio with Clock and...
by C.Crane

Price: $64.99

Sangean ATS-909X BK AM/FM/LW/SW World Band Receiver - Black
Sangean ATS-909X BK AM/FM/LW/SW World Band Receiver - Black
by Sangean

Price: $219.95
Sold by avSoundz and Fulfilled by Amazon.

C. Crane CCRadio-2E Enhanced Portable AM FM Weather and 2-Meter Ham Band (Black) CC2BE
C. Crane CCRadio-2E Enhanced Portable AM FM Weather and...
by C. Crane

Price: $169.99

Archived