THE BROWNS BOARD

Active Roster WR's

Orion

Jarvis Landry  -  defenses are taking him away with multiple coverages.

Antonio Callaway - having rookie struggles, drops passes, disappears...

Damion Ratley - how's THAT for our #3 receiver?  Wasn't even sure he'd make the team.

Breshad Perriman -  currently trying to figure out which end of the playbook is up.

DaMarie Scott  -  who?

Rashard Higgins - injured.  By default became our 2nd best receiver.

-----------------------

Hello 7 or 8 in the box.

I should think the brain-trust likes the few minutes of action that Willies had...and they may hope to pair him with Higgins, Landry & Callaway.  With that in  mind, I would doubt that Dorsey would trade for any of the expensive WR's being talked about in the media.  He seems to be trying to patchwork a receiving corps in hopes to get Higgins back, finish out the season and attack the position in the offseason.

It's not looking like Baker is going to have as much fun playing QB this season as it once appeared......unless Haley can figure out how to fill receiving voids with Devalve, Njoku and Duke.  The blocking TE's aren't very reliable as receivers although Fells isn't God Awful.  

In training camp talk was of us having one of the best receiving corps in the league.  Boy, does that ever seem like a decade ago!

Here is hoping Perriman turns into the first round WR we hope he can be..  I've read he is a Josh Gordon clone but can't catch the ball... 

So far not really getting the best of the only 400 catch in 4 years WR Landry with Duke as a compliment for Mayfield.

It does show the value of a legitimate deep threat WR or lack of one to stretch the defence and open up big plays underneath.

We're still a work in progress. I believe the priority this off season will be to surround Baker with some better weapons, protection and coaching. Our GM is operating on the...get the QB and build around him idea. WR, TE RB and line

My prediction...this is Hue Jackson's last year in the NFL. No one will touch him after this.

28 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

This is why you keep Josh Gordon!

Idiotic move to trade him!!!!

The worst thing about having WR problems is that we are going to listen a lot about Josh Gordon.

He was given many more chances than players (even good players) usually receive. He is past.

Last year's receiving corp wasn't good either, but at least we have a decent QB now, and a better RB core I'd say. Progressing all the season even through injuries can be an important lesson for this young team.

1 hour ago, domcucch1994 said:

This is why you keep Josh Gordon!

Idiotic move to trade him!!!!

You obviously missed his most recent game with multiple chances to take the ball away from defenders and no longer having the ability to do so.

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You obviously missed his most recent game with multiple chances to take the ball away from defenders and no longer having the ability to do so.

Some guys just are fixated on Gordon's long past great season. And forget about his numerous suspensions. He's one screw up away from another indefinite ban. 

Dorsey & Company obviously weighed the pros and cons of hanging on to Josh, and decided it was better to move on. Those screaming we shouldn't have traded him don't know the reasons, and I have to believe they were pretty good ones.

Didn't exactly look stelar against KC Sunday night either, 5 catches, 42 yards.

40 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Some guys just are fixated on Gordon's long past great season. And forget about his numerous suspensions. He's one screw up away from another indefinite ban. 

Dorsey & Company obviously weighed the pros and cons of hanging on to Josh, and decided it was better to move on. Those screaming we shouldn't have traded him don't know the reasons, and I have to believe they were pretty good ones.

And Donmcdouche is the leader in living in the past and yelling about things in hindsight.   Spent all last season every week yelling about how we should've drafted Carson Wentz.  

Everyone is an expert with hindsight vision.   But the Gordon crowd just doesn't want to accept the fact that he clearly didn't want to play here, otherwise he would've been in training camp with the team instead of off doing whatever he was doing.   Then the phantom hamstring injury that miracles of miracles goes away as soon as he's traded.   He didn't want to play here and its my belief that the phantom injuries would've kept appearing in order to keep him off the field.  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Gordon. Dltdhyotaotwo

6 hours ago, Mark O said:

But the Gordon crowd just doesn't want to accept the fact that he clearly didn't want to play here, otherwise he would've been in training camp with the team instead of off doing whatever he was doing. 

He's a dumbshit.  And when he showed up late and 'not himself" for a team meeting they decided that they had to get away from him.  -  As much as I love his talent, and as much as we sorely need him.....I agree with what they did.  He had to go.  

Of course now we're in a bit of a lurch at WR........but he'd have left us in a lurch had we not traded him anyway.  As many have said, He did not want to be here.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:17 PM, Orion said:

... unless Haley can figure out how to fill receiving voids with Devalve, Njoku and Duke.

I've addressed Duke ad nauseam...

TEs? Go to 2 TE sets with one as H-back. Also 1 TE with Hyde at FB for Duke... etc.

Maximize whacha got...

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I've addressed Duke ad nauseam...

TEs? Go to 2 TE sets with one as H-back. Also 1 TE with Hyde at FB for Duke... etc.

Maximize whacha got...

But it's much more fun to force square pegs in round holes. But we can make up for the results with cutesy pie plays inside the 5.😈

Archived