THE BROWNS BOARD

The Big Four Rookie QBs

Dutch Oven

It's not an easy task to be Cardinal s' QB right now: new coach, bad Oline, defense getting worse... Even David Johnson looks average now, when he was a league top player with an old Palmer.

I cannot judge if he is really bad.

59 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Is it Rosen or is the rest the team just bad too. I mean they started out with Sam Bradford and went to Rosen because Bradford sucked

The team blows. Rosen is learning on the job. Not doing well, but way to early to make a call, tough spot for a rookie to learn how to win on a team that bad. But Denver's pass rush was ALL over him.

Zombo

3 minutes ago, Zombo said:

The team blows. Rosen is learning on the job. Not doing well, but way to early to make a call, tough spot for a rookie to learn how to win on a team that bad. But Denver's pass rush was ALL over him.

Zombo

After the game I saw him go up to Von Miller, who was practically taking handoffs every play late in the game, and give him a tap of respect on the helmet. Von did the same in return with a smile, knowing the rookie had taken a lot of big hits/strip sacks.

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I know, I know...but I think Ghoolie has a good heart.  I really do.  And I wasn't being disrespectful or trying to stir up a fight, I was simply having a conversation, ya know?

Anyway, I totally see Baker as our franchise QB.  It's not his fault we don't have guys who can't catch the ball.  Anyways, I'll let it go.  🙂

It's a losing proposition trying to talk with him. As I predicted in a reply to Tour he just ups  the BS until someone takes the Flamebait. 

You got hooked. I'm even starting to delete replies, because those who have him on ignore still see his crap when you respond. Pretty sure Zombo kicked him off again. Now he's on a big martyr complex that the nasty Mods are picking on him.

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It's a losing proposition trying to talk with him. As I predicted in a reply to Tour he just ups  the BS until someone takes the Flamebait. 

You got hooked. I'm even starting to delete replies, because those who have him on ignore still see his crap when you respond. Pretty sure Zombo kicked him off again. Now he's on a big martyr complex that the nasty Mods are picking on him.

He's gone til Tuesday, enjoy.

We'll be in Tampa, not fair to ask Mark to delete his nonsense all weekend.

Go Browns!

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Is it Rosen or is the rest the team just bad too. I mean they started out with Sam Bradford and went to Rosen because Bradford sucked

Shhhh... Don't tell Mark. Two years ago I was the runner up in the Survivor Pool picking the team that was playing the Browns. Thinking of going with the team playing the Cardinals the rest of the way out. :)

BTW, I have the Falcons this week, just because it will piss off our banned troll Saquon nut hugger. I'll put as a race to the #1 pick between the Giants and Cards.

5 minutes ago, Zombo said:

He's gone til Tuesday, enjoy.

We'll be in Tampa, not fair to ask Mark to delete his nonsense all weekend.

Go Browns!

Yeah, it's a pain trying to get rid of his crap on a tablet. Fun stuff tomorrow. A trip to Total Wine to stock up for the Tailgate, then meet Flugs and Russ at Quaker Steak & Lube later to catch the Ohio State game. :)

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, it's a pain trying to get rid of his crap on a tablet. Fun stuff tomorrow. A trip to Total Wine to stock up for the Tailgate, then meet Flugs and Russ at Quaker Steak & Lube later to catch the Ohio State game. :)

Have fun, Larry, I'm not getting up there until Sunday morning, I'll be at the lot bright and early, hope to see Flugs and Russ too!

Zombo

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Do you see a trade piece we could get for TT? Neither of those qb's should be playing behind that OL. At this time

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Do you see a trade piece we could get for TT? Neither of those qb's should be playing behind that OL. At this time

You're so right.  They're going to get Rosen killed and it's not right.  God FORBID we play Arizona this year, right?  LOL!  Their offense is absolutely awful.  I think I heard they were like 0 for their last 12 3rd downs or something?  Yeesh.  Rosen did not play well, but he also got screwed by his receiver on the pick 6.  The WR quit on the route and the DB picked it off and ran back.  The other pick 6 was a deflection, so technically Rosen's fault, but also a lot of bad luck.  It's going to be a hard year for the rookies, no doubt.  I'd just feel better if we actually had better WR's for Mayfield to throw it to, but maybe Landry will become what I hoped he was.  

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Shhhh... Don't tell Mark. Two years ago I was the runner up in the Survivor Pool picking the team that was playing the Browns. Thinking of going with the team playing the Cardinals the rest of the way out. :)

BTW, I have the Falcons this week, just because it will piss off our banned troll Saquon nut hugger. I'll put as a race to the #1 pick between the Giants and Cards.

I would love to see ATL and CLE lose (sorry on CLE) and LAC win.  :)

........wait I could live with a CLE win.

Todd Haley just sort of called out Baker during his presser, and he said Baker needs to learn that open in the pros is vastly different from college open. The only problem I have with this statement is we don't have people who can make contested catches. I had to hear all off-season about how wide Landry's catch radius is, and if the ball was anywhere near him he could catch it with 1 or 2 hands. Well, the first 3 games I saw some of this talent, but I haven't seen it recently. Not only that, Jarvis tried a one-handed catch on 3rd down last week and dropped it, when it looked like he could've used both mitts. THAT pizzed me off. 

So who else is going to catch the small-window receptions, Todd? Maybe Njoku if he's on? Callaway won't. Ratley? I just really hope we don't see Baker start forcing the ball into windows that aren't there because we simply don't have the personnel to make contested catches. 

When I look at the numbers of the other rookie QBs, I can't help but be disappointed in Baker's. But then I think about the drops and wonder how much is really his fault? On the flip side, Baker missed Callaway for an easy long TD a week or two ago, just like Tyrod did. You only get maybe one or possibly two chances a game to connect on deep TDs, and we haven't made them. It's beyond frustrating. 

The statistics say we're going to have receivers open, and open deep this week. I want to see us make the connections and finish those rare opportunities when they present themselves. Seth Devalve can catch, can we use him? I believe we activated Demari Scott at WR, and I remember really liking him in preseason. Let's help our rookie QB out for a change and make some plays. 

And the one knock on Darnold was too many fumbles. So who ended up curing that this far into the season? After I dropped back Rosen for injury prone, Darnold seemed the obvious choice. But I'm not giving up on Baker just yet. He's a smart guy and can learn just like Brees learned. I still think he has that potential in him if he doesn't get gunshy with all the hits.

Archived