THE BROWNS BOARD

The Big Four Rookie QBs

Dutch Oven

Here's the top four drafted QBs of the 2018 class and their updated stats:

Baker Mayfield 55.6 comp%, 1076 yds, 4 td, 5 int, 72.8 QB rating

Sam Darnold 59.8 comp%, 1346 yds, 9 td, 7 int, 83.7 QB rating

Josh Allen 54.0 comp%, 832 yds, 2 td, 5 int, 61.8 QB rating

Josh Rosen 55.6 comp%, 626 yds, 2 td, 2 int, 75.5 QB rating

*While I joyfully busted PoG's balls offseason over his creepy love affair for Saquon Barkley, I never underestimated Barkley's ability. So far, he's shown the NFL that he's a special talent. That being said, the Giants are 1-5 with him and what was obvious to most is that Eli Manning's best days are behind him. They should have taken Sam Darnold.

*Josh Allen has an elbow injury, and while he's listed as week-to-week, he could be out for an extended time. 

*The Browns next four opponents have the four worst defenses in defending the pass. Let's see Baker get on a roll. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Here's the top four drafted QBs of the 2018 class and their updated stats:

Baker Mayfield 55.6 comp%, 1076 yds, 4 td, 5 int, 72.8 QB rating

Sam Darnold 59.8 comp%, 1346 yds, 9 td, 7 int, 83.7 QB rating

Josh Allen 54.0 comp%, 832 yds, 2 td, 5 int, 61.8 QB rating

Josh Rosen 55.6 comp%, 626 yds, 2 td, 2 int, 75.5 QB rating

*While I joyfully busted PoG's balls offseason over his creepy love affair for Saquon Barkley, I never underestimated Barkley's ability. So far, he's shown the NFL that he's a special talent. That being said, the Giants are 1-5 with him and what was obvious to most is that Eli Manning's best days are behind him. They should have taken Sam Darnold.

*Josh Allen has an elbow injury, and while he's listed as week-to-week, he could be out for an extended time. 

*The Browns next four opponents have the four worst defenses in defending the pass. Let's see Baker get on a roll. 

Baker had a bad game this week, let's call it what it was. Yep, a bunch of inexperienced receivers, but he still played poorly.

That said, I think he will be the best of the four by the end of the season and for the duration of his career.

Big bounceback game this week.

Zombo

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

How many fumbles lost for each?

Here are the four's fumbles/ fumbles lost...

• T6 Josh Allen - Buffalo Bills - 4/1
  • T14 Jared Goff - Los Angeles Rams - 3/0

• T14 Baker Mayfield - Cleveland Browns - 3/2

• T56 Sam Darnold - New York Jets - 1/0

Couple reference points...

• Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson are tied for the most with 7.
  • Amazingly of Wilson's 7 only 1 was lost, while 2 of Watson's 7 have been lost.
  • Cousins has lost the most with the D falling on 5 of his 6.
  • Tyrod fumbled 3 times during his time, but none were lost.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/fumbles-lost

To early to sweat it yet and hope to see numbers improve..  https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/16/baker-mayfield-has-nfls-lowest-passer-rating-outside-the-pocket/   anybody see SF's WR Goodwin lay a corner or two jockstrap on Lambeau's turf? Routes run like that would help👀..  

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Wrong. The Giants did EXACTLY the right thing, they took the absolute, unequivocal best player in the 2018 draft. There is no question here that this was the right pick.

The way teams build, the way teams win championships is NOT from an orderly build up of adding utility players...............you build a champion by adding PLAY MAKERS - GAME CHANGERS.............IMPACT PLAYERS. NONE of the Big FOur QBs qualify as such players. Through 6 games all 4 QBs are, well....pretty average. Compare Mahomes to this SCHIDT PILE of numbskulls. You need to add another name to this gaggle of turds..............PAXTON LYNCH, BAKER, DARNOLD, ROSEN and ALLEN. 

The Giants are one of the best franchises in the NFL. They need a QB but decided to give Manning ( A SB player) perhaps his last gasp, Had the Giants taken any of the big 5, they would be 0 - 6, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, they would be without an IMPACT PLAYER. Barkley was not taken because the Giants thought he would get them to the SB. He was taken because he is an integral piece to the Giants getting back to the SB. THAT is how you build. The Giants will add a QB soon enough. HOWEVER....they obviously recognized that you do not pass on Barkley, to get one of ths BIG FOUR schidt QBs that will not likely amount to jack schidt.

The Browns blew the draft in 2017 AND 2018. THey remain without a franchise QB AND without one single player who can make a difference in winning a football game.

THe Browns continue to refuse to participate in acquiring the top playmakers. THAT is at the root of why they continue to suck.

Again loudmouth:

We will go back to 2005. This is THE top "playmaker" drafted where the Browns picked/would have picked, and just to keep you honest as the Browns "cant draft well, I will even include the next if the Browns took one. 13 years is a LONG career

2005- Braylon Edwards/Cedric Benson

2006- Laurence Maroney

2007- Adrian Peterson (1)

2008- No 1st rounder

2009- Percy Harvin

2010- CJ Spiller

2011- Julio Jones (2)

2012- Trent Richardson/ Justin Blackmon

2013- Tavon Austin

2014- Sammy Watkins

2015- Devante Parker

2016- Paxton Lynch (who YOU wanted when the Browns had the 2nd pick over Wentz) or Will Fuller

2017- Mitchell Trubisky

2018- Saquon Barkley (3)

Now your fat, whiny butt will say something like you would have picked the right person, blah blah blah, but YOUR argument is that the Browns FO is so dumb that they wont take the top playmakers available in the draft. So THESE players ARE the top playmakers available at the Browns pick.

Then of course there would be ABSOLUTELY NO DEFENSIVE TOP TALENT, and you would fill out the roster with undrafted dime a dozen OL.

And had you had your way, the Browns would have Barkley, Lamar Jackson (as no matter how much you try and deflect or deny, he was YOUR 1st choice as top player in draft) and Calvin Ridley. And have no draft picks the next 2 years.

So please just STFU about knowing ANYTHING.

Garrett team is 2-3-1 and the BEST PLAYER EVER by a HUGE margin, Saquon Barkley is 1-5. 

I already know your response, because you THINK you know it all. Well he (Saquon) doesn't have a QB. Guess what loud mouth (or large mouth, or dumbass) that is correct, Eli is done. You CAN'T win in today's NFL without a QB, no matter what little toy you have. That is why the Browns took a QB, like you complained about not doing for years, then they do and you still complain, and what the Giants SHOULD have done. But hey, they have a running game, which has resulted in 1 win.

You know NOTHING about football. What you have shown a competent knack for is being a good gambler/predictor.

The only reason you rag in Myles and Joe is because you wish you had 1% of them. Their skills, dedication, money, looks, fame, etc.

But hey, I got some GREAT news for you Foolio, you do indeed beat them in something. Just step on a scale and your number will be higher than theirs

Baker has had dropped passes.  We know that all receivers will drop a pass now and again...but the Browns always seem to have guys that excel in drops.  Njoku specializes in it (and then he'll make a great / impossible catch).  Callaway's dropping balls...when he's not totally invisible.  Rookie Ratley dropped a TD.  

Our WR's were supposed to be Gordon, Landry, Coleman & Callaway.  Instead, the 1st & 2nd round pick WR's Gordon & Coleman are both gone.  Callaway is struggling and Landry is being taken away by defenses' covering him and daring us to beat them with someone else.

Now we're bringing in receivers off he practice squad.  It's not going to get any easier for Baker.  -  Is Seth DeValve playable?   Might be nice to have a big target out there somewhere.  Devalve & Njoku might be able to draw a little attention away from Landry and/or Callaway.

20 minutes ago, Orion said:

-  Is Seth DeValve playable?   

He had one snap Sunday.

One target on the year (which he caught for a nice gain).

They are going with the blocking tight ends in 2 TE situations (Fells and Orson Wells).

Hell, Cajuste could play one snap ... bring back Cajuste!

Zombo

4 minutes ago, Zombo said:

He had one snap Sunday.

One target on the year (which he caught for a nice gain).

He's a guy we keep on the roster but never plays.  'Course he's usually hurt.

12 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Will be interesting next year when all four start from week one. I’m guessing Baker would have the most yards if he started the whole season. 

Absolutely... I think it will be a long, interesting story considering that the Browns could have had all four... (and were connected through rumors heavily to two of the three they didn't take in Darnold and Allen). 

Some QBs start out of the starting blocks like they have a rocket tied to them, then peter out (RGIII) while others stumble at first, then turn it on after getting their feet wet (Goff). The story of these four has just started. 

Now I say that the Giants should have taken Darnold, especially considering how infrequently they ever end up anywhere near the top of the draft, but at 1-5, who knows, maybe they do it again? Then again, it doesn't seem like the upcoming draft is stacked at the QB position. 

16 hours ago, Zombo said:

Baker had a bad game this week, let's call it what it was. Yep, a bunch of inexperienced receivers, but he still played poorly.

That said, I think he will be the best of the four by the end of the season and for the duration of his career.

Big bounceback game this week.

Zombo

I did NOT think they would come close to the 35th anniversary of the famous Class of 83 quarterbacks.

I think we still have to give it a few years to measure the entire class as a group.......Baker is the surprise so far.

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Garrett is not. He is.......a very soft tackler.

That's what the league wants now.

On 10/16/2018 at 10:16 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Some QBs start out of the starting blocks like they have a rocket tied to them, then peter out

I KNEW we shoulda' drafted Peter Out.  

2 hours ago, Orion said:

That's what the league wants now.

What the league wants has nothing to do with the fact that Myles Garrett is a soft tackler. He is soft because he is soft. The fact that he himself admitted that he doesn't always play hard on every down says a lot about him. Now, the Mods here are going to get pizzed at me for saying this, even though Myles is the one who said it.

Add to that, this report about Browns rushers shows that our best pass rusher is a low draft pick from Memphis.

Now tell me, honestly, if you were Haslam, and you see a low draft pick is out-performing your #1  #1, would this not raise an eyebrow? Of course it would. By the way, Bosa is not a soft tackler. Neither is Schobert. The NFL wanting to protect the QB has nothing to do with the reality that while Garrett is a physical specimen, he is not a monster of the midway. Hell, according to the report in question, he is not even a monster of the dawg pound.

On 10/16/2018 at 10:16 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Absolutely... I think it will be a long, interesting story considering that the Browns could have had all four... (and were connected through rumors heavily to two of the three they didn't take in Darnold and Allen). 

Some QBs start out of the starting blocks like they have a rocket tied to them, then peter out (RGIII) while others stumble at first, then turn it on after getting their feet wet (Goff). The story of these four has just started. 

Now I say that the Giants should have taken Darnold, especially considering how infrequently they ever end up anywhere near the top of the draft, but at 1-5, who knows, maybe they do it again? Then again, it doesn't seem like the upcoming draft is stacked at the QB position. 

Yes it can be misleading to judge and compare rookie quarterbacks without enough games in plus considering the team, schedule, etc.

We'll see around week 14 how things are looking.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

...and yet a week ago he was 'the schidt'.

It's the reason I just shake my head when people actually waste a moment of their time trying to debate with a troll who has gotten thrown off virtually every Browns message board ever made. He'll go on record saying one thing, then argue against the same thing later, as the wind blows. 

Well did anyone see the $hit show Rosen put on tonight?.... I'm awfully glad we passed on him and Allen.. Rosen looked like DA without a road map out there tonight...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Well did anyone see the $hit show Rosen put on tonight?.... I'm awfully glad we passed on him and Allen.. Rosen looked like DA without a road map out there tonight...

I only caught the lowlights....  Doubtless Tour was cringing watching his guy put up a major stinker.... 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's the reason I just shake my head when people actually waste a moment of their time trying to debate with a troll who has gotten thrown off virtually every Browns message board ever made. He'll go on record saying one thing, then argue against the same thing later, as the wind blows. 

I've even started deleting replies to the Troll.  There's a reason it was 3:1 that the Board wanted him gone, but not surprisingly, he's still here trolling away.  

42 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I only caught the lowlights....  Doubtless Tour was cringing watching his guy put up a major stinker.... 

It was beyond bad...The Defense was more porous that Swiss Cheese with quarter sized holes...

Ok just one more, this is like shooting fish in a barrel......

........ Posted August 27
Again, you dumb bastards, you miss the point.

Look at all of you, getting all pixxed off? EXACTLY my point. Immature, uneducated jackoffs thinking that sports, football, is agtually that important.

You fahuking idiots are not much different than the shooter in that sports gets you all worked up, emotional, almost violent. Reading the posts on this board about how much you morons hate Steeler fans for instance? THAT is what is fahked up.

Personally, I hope the Browns lose every game again, and suffer the worst humiliation ever. You morons will be threatening all kinds of crap before med season. Seriously, this shooter is an example of how people have let sports become larger than life.

Let's all pull for the Super Steelers to beat the living shidt out of the Browns and stop this fantasy about the team being improved...........

So we're all bumb bastards and in the gool's own choice words "fahuking idiots" really? Immature, uneducated jackoffs......are you talking to me sonnny boy?

Again the best you can do? You have some serious mental issues there gool.

Oh this is a thread about the big four rookie quarterbacks, am I right there or am I some uneducated jackoff and can't read? :lol:

4 hours ago, darren15 said:

Josh Rosen was on the celebrity version of deal or no deal ...when asked by Howie Mandel to select a suitcase he replied ...I am gonna pick 6

Josh Rosen throws a pair of pick-sixes in the first quarter as Broncos crush Cardinals 45-10.....oohhhhhh, welcome to professional football, well for most all rookie starters. .

6 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Ghoolie, you can't mean that about Baker!  I mean, we have guys who can catch the ball and what do Baker's numbers look like?  Christ, he could've had 400 yards and 3 TDs if our receivers caught HALF the scoring chances.  I honestly think Baker's ankle injury bothered him WAY more than he let on.  Baker generates a prodigious amount of torque when he throws the ball, utilizing his core and strong legs to whip the ball down the field.  After he turned his ankle, he couldn't do that.  Now, Baker would never say it, but that ankle injury screwed him up, I know it.  

I will say that even with the injury, Baker was not sharp last game.  It's the first time we saw him be indecisive, ya know?  Multiple sacks were the result of him patting the ball and hesitating too long, and while some were definitely "coverage sacks", there were several other times when Baker simply didn't release the rock.  

I'd love to say that Baker will have a much better day against the absolute worst rated pass defense, but the truth of the matter is we have awful WRs right now, and there's nothing we can do about it.  Blockbuster trades are somewhat rare in the NFL, and I don't see us making one anyways.  We could get lucky with Perriman, but I doubt it.  

But I'm hoping!!  LOL

I seriously cannot fathom how some of you keep falling for his troll-baiting. 

Do you realize that if there was an Eagles version of Ghoolie, he'd be on the Eagles version of this board telling all the posters that the Eagles got lucky last year and are fake champions and that THIS is the real Philadelphia Eagles? 

He's a troll who has been kicked off every Browns message board he's ever been on, including THIS ONE, but he begged and pleaded to be allowed back on here. Begged and pleaded to get back on a message board for a team he doesn't consider to be the REAL Cleveland Browns that plays in a league that he says he's abandoning for the (HAHAHAHA!) XFL. 

Yet some of you think you can debate with a troll. You can't debate with someone whose position changes depending on how much the new position he takes pisses off his target. 

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I seriously cannot fathom how some of you keep falling for his troll-baiting. 

Do you realize that if there was an Eagles version of Ghoolie, he'd be on the Eagles version of this board telling all the posters that the Eagles got lucky last year and are fake champions and that THIS is the real Philadelphia Eagles? 

He's a troll who has been kicked off every Browns message board he's ever been on, including THIS ONE, but he begged and pleaded to be allowed back on here. Begged and pleaded to get back on a message board for a team he doesn't consider to be the REAL Cleveland Browns that plays in a league that he says he's abandoning for the (HAHAHAHA!) XFL. 

Yet some of you think you can debate with a troll. You can't debate with someone whose position changes depending on how much the new position he takes pisses off his target. 

I know, I know...but I think Ghoolie has a good heart.  I really do.  And I wasn't being disrespectful or trying to stir up a fight, I was simply having a conversation, ya know?

Anyway, I totally see Baker as our franchise QB.  It's not his fault we don't have guys who can't catch the ball.  Anyways, I'll let it go.  🙂

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Is it Rosen or is the rest the team just bad too. I mean they started out with Sam Bradford and went to Rosen because Bradford sucked

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Is it Rosen or is the rest the team just bad too. I mean they started out with Sam Bradford and went to Rosen because Bradford sucked

Probably both. 

The Cardinals seem to be a dumpster fire at this moment overall. 

Archived