Zombo

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

Promoting from within...

So...

Landry/Ratley 

Callaway/Perriman /Scott

Bless'em

Z

Booked your tickets for the super bowl yet Zombo ?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Promoting from within...

So...

Landry/Ratley 

Callaway/Perriman /Scott

Bless'em

Z

It's what I've been preaching to the guys who have the hots to make a trade for a WR- any WR. That's the problem with the posters sarcastically making the SB comment. After getting blown out by the Chargers- the Browns are definitely not SB ready, and probably not even playoff ready. OBJ or Cooper aren't enough to push us over the top- MHO. Ten games left, 7-3 at the worst, for those interested in the Browns making a playoff push. 

Looks like Dorsey isn't much interested in players (Burgess) who can't stay healthy.   

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Bucs Depth chart reads..Kirksey Mike ,Avery Will,Collins Sam.. Few moves from today..J.Burgess-*waived*/Injury..Streater to IR...WR-Damari Scott & LB-Xavier Woodson-Luster both promoted up from PS..Added to PS--OL-Jake Eldrenkamp//WR-Blake Jackson returns to PS..

Wasn’t Blake Jackson the creator of the Landry skit poking fun at his contagious rant on Hard Knocks? That was funny stuff.

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Wasn’t Blake Jackson the creator of the Landry skit poking fun at his contagious rant on Hard Knocks? That was funny stuff.

you got him..answered performance with a 22 yrd.TD from Roback at lions in preseason..he's a small school QB that has to make it as a 5'10 WR. His prospect numbers are close to Braxton Miller's. Knows our system, but was cut twice from CFL.. still got a dream 

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

Booked your tickets for the super bowl yet Zombo ?

I think we will win the AFC North, but Super Bowl is a stretch.

And I don't want to go to the SB when the Browns are in it, I'll watch it on TV, preferably in The Land.

Zombo

9 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

LB Derrick Johnson was cut loose by Chuckie in Oakland..DJ spent 13 years at KC..at age 35, wonder if Dorsey makes a call?

Dude was a stud coming out of college.   Really wanted the Browns to draft him.   Not sure how that works and how much we'd have to pay him but I'd think hes worth a phone call. 

8 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

LB Derrick Johnson was cut loose by Chuckie in Oakland..DJ spent 13 years at KC..at age 35, wonder if Dorsey makes a call?

An old linebacker taking snaps away from Avery? No.

Great career though, he's a guy I wanted the Browns to draft 13 years ago and Shep scoffed at him.

I hereby scoff at Shep.

Peppers was linebacker in college. Kindred can play SS just as well as Peppers, watch for both of them on the field with Peppers in the box when Avery gets a breather..

Z

4 minutes ago, Zombo said:

An old linebacker taking snaps away from Avery? No.

Great career though, he's a guy I wanted the Browns to draft 13 years ago and Shep scoffed at him.

I hereby scoff at Shep.

Peppers was linebacker in college. Kindred can play SS just as well as Peppers, watch for both of them on the field with Peppers in the box when Avery gets a breather..

Z

I scoff at Shep as well..   Not sure what that means but I scoff.   We're going to need some backup dudes and if Johnson is willing to come here for cheap money and be the backup...I'm all for it.

Navarro left with no deal.(yet) Burgess out.The Show out maybe 2-3 weeks. After watching Collins and Kirksey chase sunday ufff! With Scott up from PS me thinks Higgins gets back after Tampa..Hope to get something from Ratley & Perriman..I think Dors attention sticks to LB holes more than WR for now..the sun will rise,will see..Derrick has 17 tackles 0 sacks..   

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

I scoff at Shep as well..   Not sure what that means but I scoff.   

I don't. Actually sort of like the guy. Though  he can be a board hog- in a nicer way than you know who.  :)  LOL, never met a college QB he didn't like. He's over on "the other place", and I occasionally drop by there for a visit.  Oh, I met up with him once- and you wouldn't scoff if you ever saw Shep's daughter. Smoking hot- seconded by my nephew.  Several guys I'd welcome with open arms here, and all (AFAIK, or can remember, memory is getting foggy in my old age) of the posters Stan permanently banned here are also long gone over there. 

BTW, our resident Troll has been kicked off there twice, and the last time, it was for good. Their Mods have a low tolerance for BS.  

11 hours ago, Mark O said:

Dude was a stud coming out of college.   Really wanted the Browns to draft him.   Not sure how that works and how much we'd have to pay him but I'd think hes worth a phone call. 

It feels like it was 20 years ago he was playing for Texas, and yes, I wanted the Browns to draft him too. 

1 hour ago, domcucch1994 said:

THIS IS WHY YOU KEEP JOSH GORDON!!!!

No, you don't have a special set of rules for one player, who apparently can't even follow them. Josh was given more chances than any player I can remember in Browns history, and he ran out of mullgans.

Dorsey wants players that are reliable, and Gordon was anything but. 

Whose gonna play WR then??

Getting rid of a guy WHO COSTS NEXT TO NOTHING! Is stupid..

Now we have ZERO depth!

Teams are going to shut down the run game, force Baker to make tighter throws to PS guys, and the offense will continue to look more anemic..

Unless the start splitting Duke and DeValve out wide, we won't be very scary on offense..

Hopefully Higgins gets back soon.. 

4 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Now we have ZERO depth!

Teams are going to shut down the run game, force Baker to make tighter throws to PS guys, and the offense will continue to look more anemic..

Unless the start splitting Duke and DeValve out wide, we won't be very scary on offense..

Hopefully Higgins gets back soon.. 

Splitting Duke and DeValve out wide isnt going to scare anybody either, there is a reason they are not wide receivers. 

Baker needs to utilize Callaway, Perriman and Ratley right now. They should only get better together.

Z

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

Splitting Duke and DeValve out wide isnt going to scare anybody either, there is a reason they are not wide receivers. 

Baker needs to utilize Callaway, Perriman and Ratley right now. They should only get better together.

Z

It would be nice if they could fkn catch the fkn ball!!!!!

2 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

THIS IS WHY YOU KEEP JOSH GORDON!!!!

Says the guy who lives in the past and spent all last season yelling about how the Browns should've drafted Wentz.  

Did it ever occur to any of you who wanted to keep Gordon that he didn't want to play in Cleveland and would've just kept coming up with excuses not to play?

45 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

It would be nice if they could fkn catch the fkn ball!!!!!

Ratley 6 catches for 82 yards on 8 targets in his first game.

Perriman has not played yet.

Yes, Callaway needs to fkn catch the fkn ball ... he's only going to get more used to Baker and more comfortable with his role, hopefully that helps with the dropsies.

Zombo

It costs a roster spot...

Plus the headaches, plus the talk, plus all the attention, plus Huey wishing for him to come back wearing a red cape...

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Says the guy who lives in the past and spent all last season yelling about how the Browns should've drafted Wentz.  

Did it ever occur to any of you who wanted to keep Gordon that he didn't want to play in Cleveland and would've just kept coming up with excuses not to play?

I did... And I still wish we took him.. I think he is a better QB than Mayfield, but time will tell how the two stack up eventually..

He would of had to play at some point, to incur playing time so he can gain FA eligibility..

Now we don't have anyone really reliable outside of one or two guys... The injury bug bites hard during the season.

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

to add to zombo's post DUKE coming out of the backfield put's him up against linebackers advantage to DUKE there maybe not so much vs a db

James Burgess jr. does not get to go home to Florida City to play in TB. But Burgess does clear waivers and was put on IR for a hamstring injury..Must have tore it..Good Luck!!  

9 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

I did... And I still wish we took him.. I think he is a better QB than Mayfield, but time will tell how the two stack up eventually..

He would of had to play at some point, to incur playing time so he can gain FA eligibility..

Now we don't have anyone really reliable outside of one or two guys... The injury bug bites hard during the season.

ROTFL- Gordon has been suspended HOW many times, and you want to call him reliable? Hey short attention span, it was just this year Josh skipped training camp "to get his life together". Then he shows up Saturday before a game at meeting (late) and claims he has a hamstring owie when he was fine in practice  the day before. And the coaches thought he "was not himself". Read that they thought he was stoned. 

It was past time to tell Josh to take his act elsewhere. 

10 hours ago, Zombo said:

Ratley 6 catches for 82 yards on 8 targets in his first game.

Perriman has not played yet.

Yes, Callaway needs to fkn catch the fkn ball ... he's only going to get more used to Baker and more comfortable with his role, hopefully that helps with the dropsies.

Zombo

One thing about Callaway that we all need to remember - he hasn't exactly played that much football over the last year or so.

He might have hit the rookie wall earlier than normal. 

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

ROTFL- Gordon has been suspended HOW many times, and you want to call him reliable? Hey short attention span, it was just this year Josh skipped training camp "to get his life together". Then he shows up Saturday before a game at meeting (late) and claims he has a hamstring owie when he was fine in practice  the day before. And the coaches thought he "was not himself". Read that they thought he was stoned. 

It was past time to tell Josh to take his act elsewhere. 

Yeah they thought he was stoned.. If that was the case, he'd be suspended again...

And look he isn't the most reliable guy because he hasn't been on the field. But has a HELL of a lot more experience than these other guys on the depth chart..

28 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Yeah they thought he was stoned.. If that was the case, he'd be suspended again...

And look he isn't the most reliable guy because he hasn't been on the field. But has a HELL of a lot more experience than these other guys on the depth chart..

The Gordon apologists continue to ignore the fake hamstring injury that was suddenly healed when he got to New England.  I guess that flight from Cleveland to Boston heals injuries as well. 

Hilarious that you would call a guy who has barely played in 5 years reliable.  He's the definition of UNRELIABLE.   Even when he does play, never know which guy will show up.  The one with all world talent or the one who could give a shit if he was on the field or not.   But you have your head so far up his ass and living in 2013, you've conveniently forgotten about the games where he didn't try and barely made an effort to catch passes.   But go ahead and keep shouting at the wind about could've and should'ves and live in the past.  

You probably would miss the fact that to be suspended, Gordon would have had to be tested? Right, the Browns would be dumb enough to have him tested right on the spot, so he could get kicked out of the league, essentially for good. After all they had done to keep him on the field. Josh may have dodged the career ending bullet. 

It was the straw that broke the camel's back. He's gone for good, so get over it, and stop fantasizing over what might have been. 

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It was the straw that broke the camel's back. He's gone for good, so get over it, and stop fantasizing over what might have been. 

Hoping donmcdouche will get over it will never happen since there were dozens of "we should've drafted Wentz posts" all last season.   He lives in the past with perfect 20/20 hindsight.

Archived