THE BROWNS BOARD

Streater done; Willies surgery; Schobert, Burgess out

Zombo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rugged game.

.........WR Derrick Willies had surgery this morning to repair his fractured collarbone. Surgery was performed by Dr. James Voos at University Hospital. Willies, who was placed on IR on Saturday, remains a candidate to be designated for return.

WR Rod Streater has been diagnosed with a neck fracture and will miss the remainder of the 2018 season. He is currently doing well and team doctors expect a full recovery. The injury does not require surgery at this time.......

Wow.

24 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Well, hell. Never rains but it pours. I might have to change my mind about making a trade. Who's left? They're almost going to have to move Duke out to WR.   

& for those who say we should have kept Josh- 5 catches 42 yards against a relatively bad KC defense last night. 

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Well, hell. Never rains but it pours. I might have to change my mind about making a trade. Who's left? They're almost going to have to move Duke out to WR.   

& for those who say we should have kept Josh- 5 catches 42 yards against a relatively bad KC defense last night. 

Maybe JG cares more about his 'Brand: these days.. if that's the case.. bullet dodged.. However for someone so interested in a Brand and not doing well on the field , has a negative impact... If I was wrong on him.. so be it.. He's gotten one mulligan too many...

man.....we need help at wr bad. I mean fuk it just go get dez. I mean overpay the mofo for the rest of the year so be it. But god bakers not gonna make it another coypke games holding the ball like he did sunday cause nobody open. Sht needs fixed pronto or we're gonna have alot more issues, namely the need for tyrod to come back in

We dissed the man when we signed him and now we are doomed without him? 😵

Jeezus... are y'all all menopausal???

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Also a few misconnects...

Josh only showed a hint of what he was in one play... a quick slant good for a first down.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Josh only showed a hint of what he was in one play... a quick slant good for a first down.

And that's who he is today.. someone who only occasionally shows glimpses of what he used to be.  You know, like Dez or any of half-a-dozen other retreads who have free-agented their way into Berea the last 5 yrs.

Yes and no. He also beat his guy deep which would've been a TD but defender wrapped him up for an easy pass interference call. A 40 yard penalty, and only done because he badly beat his man. Additionally, he beat his man again in the end zone when his man bear-hugged him to prevent an inside move and easy TD strike from Brady. So yeah, he didn't have many receptions, but both of these plays resulted in TDs. 

And is anyone going to seriously tell me Gordon wouldn't likely make either the Callaway or Ratley bomb? 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

In no particular order and obviously some are much more likely than others but here is where I would go shopping

I think both Green Bay has a plethora of decent receivers along with our staffs familiarity with them

Amari Cooper - Raiders

Brice Butler - Cowboys

Thomas or Sanders - Broncos

Cameron Meredith - Saints

Keke Coutee rookie - Texans

1 minute ago, jcam222 said:

In no particular order and obviously some are much more likely than others but here is where I would go shopping

I think both Green Bay has a plethora of decent receivers along with our staffs familiarity with them

Amari Cooper - Raiders

Brice Butler - Cowboys

You know what I think? None of the above. First, it's going to take at least a couple weeks to get anyone we potentially would bring in up to speed- and that means 1\2 the season is already gone. What? Just to win maybe an extra game or two? Some of those guys are pricey, Dorsey's not going to pay for. Rookies don't get traded by the teams that drafted them unless they positively suck. 

There has to be a huge Red Flag on Dez Bryant, or some team would have picked him up by now. So, I suppose if you just want a warm body on the roster, he's the best short term solution, on a rest of the year contract. 

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

Who?

As Darren just said Breshard Perriman first round pick formerly of the Ravens who had dropitis. 

If you were referring to Gregg Little....   

One of our many second round WR draft busts. Originally drafted in 2011, before you hit this board. Great size, great speed, but couldn't catch a cold. 

Along with other WR busts Mohammed Massaquoi AKA Massive Drop, Brian Robiski AKA Slowbiski. And a host of others. 

Hue says Schobert and Burgess out too...

Remember in the preseason when we talked postions of depth and proudly pointed to LB and WR?

Ya we need help off the streets at both positions now.

Z

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

You know what I think? None of the above. First, it's going to take at least a couple weeks to get anyone we potentially would bring in up to speed- and that means 1\2 the season is already gone. What? Just to win maybe an extra game or two? Some of those guys are pricey, Dorsey's not going to pay for. Rookies don't get traded by the teams that drafted them unless they positively suck. 

There has to be a huge Red Flag on Dez Bryant, or some team would have picked him up by now. So, I suppose if you just want a warm body on the roster, he's the best short term solution, on a rest of the year contract. 

As I originally said some of them are less likely than others. That said you aren't considering all of the impact when you narrow your thought process to wins and losses only. We have a very good rookie QB, giving him decent weapons doesn't only contribute in the W/L column but also in his development or lack thereof. That development is both physical and mental. The last thing we need to do is ruin a damn good QB by letting him wallow in mediocrity caused by a crew of inadequate offensive weapons. 

We may not end up securing a trade but I guarantee you we are working the phones for more than one. 

51 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Hue says Schobert and Burgess out too...

Remember in the preseason when we talked postions of depth and proudly pointed to LB and WR?

Ya we need help off the streets at both positions now.

Z

Schobert is a really big loss considering he runs the D on the field. Williams and Hue have both said hes the smartest guy they ever worked with relevant to coordinating the D on field. 

13 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Schobert is a really big loss considering he runs the D on the field. Williams and Hue have both said hes the smartest guy they ever worked with relevant to coordinating the D on field. 

That's pretty impressive considering how long Williams and Hue has been in the NFL and how relatively short of a time Schobert has been. 

36 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

My guess is that Kirksey moves to Mike and wears the headset, Avery goes outside, and they get creative with Peppers and Kindred so that Avery isnt doing a lot of covering receivers.

Z

--Avery does seem to cover better than the like of Paul Kruger and Scott Fujita though...

3 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Amari Cooper - Raiders

Brice Butler - Cowboys

Cooper may be on the marketCooper may be on the market

17 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

wasnt jamie an ILB'er in NE with hightower? id think he'd take over for joe before kirk would. 

Kirk was inside back in our 3-4 days...

Bucs Depth chart reads..Kirksey Mike ,Avery Will,Collins Sam.. Few moves from today..J.Burgess-*waived*/Injury..Streater to IR...WR-Damari Scott & LB-Xavier Woodson-Luster both promoted up from PS..Added to PS--OL-Jake Eldrenkamp//WR-Blake Jackson returns to PS..

19 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Bucs Depth chart reads..Kirksey Mike ,Avery Will,Collins Sam.. Few moves from today..J.Burgess-*waived*/Injury..Streater to IR...WR-Damari Scott & LB-Xavier Woodson-Luter both promoted up from PS..Added to PS--OL-Jake Eldrenkamp//WR-Blake Jackson returns to PS..

Promoting from within...

So...

Landry/Ratley 

Callaway/Perriman /Scott

Bless'em

Z

Archived