THE BROWNS BOARD

What would have happened if...

onkyoreceiver

Hue had refused to have the team take the field to start the 2nd Half (a la Earle Bruce against LSU in 1987) until the line judge/whole crew etc who missed the false start call - which not only would have taken points off the board but would have pushed SD out of their kicker's field goal range - had been replaced or some other sort of demand had been met, as a protest against the absolutely horrible officiating.   That call was completely inexcusable and is somewhat going to be overlooked due to the fact that we got blown out and it ultimately wasn't the major factor in why we lost.  If the game had been close,, however, that call easily could have cost us the game.  Again. I mean these calls are totally unreal and they just KEEP COMING, game in and game out.  I have personally never seen ANYTHING like this.

I don't expect he'd do it, but just wonder what would have happened if he - or any NFL coach in a similar situation for that matter - showed some Shmucking balls and stood up to these Shmucking referees..  I mean, it's not like everyone isn't totally aware we are being screwed week in and week out.  Big time.

15 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

What would have happened is a penalty, and if they continued to refuse they would have forfeited 

Honestly maybe that would have been ok if we did that and forfeited. This officiating cowpoop needs fixed. It’s likely going to take something dramatic to get Goodells attention. 

first Ratley or Callaway have to catch at least 1 of those balls for a score early..the score was 14-3 at time of false start. Went to 21-3 with assisted call. we kick FG just before half 21-6..We squandered 5 of 6 punts again, falling inside the 20..We ran 72 plays compared to LA's 58.  LA-32mins. brns-28mins..LA prepared a running game plan to attack outside edges..we  came prepared to not stop them, from not...

I have said it for years the nfl has something against the Browns.  The bad call horrible breaks nothing goes the Browns way.  The first this year was the call on Garrett against the stillers in the first quarter where he was called for landing his weight on Ben which was called wrong Ben was out of the pocket and was a runner at that time which would have been 3 instead of 7 browns win in regulation.  The second was the first down. And today the false start.  No one knows how that would have affected the game but momentum is a fickle bitch and it could have made a huge difference in the game but it was a blatant miss no doubt it was on purpose the line judge has one job. 

3 hours ago, Babernakle said:

I have said it for years the nfl has something against the Browns.  The bad call horrible breaks nothing goes the Browns way.  The first this year was the call on Garrett against the stillers in the first quarter where he was called for landing his weight on Ben which was called wrong Ben was out of the pocket and was a runner at that time which would have been 3 instead of 7 browns win in regulation.  The second was the first down. And today the false start.  No one knows how that would have affected the game but momentum is a fickle bitch and it could have made a huge difference in the game but it was a blatant miss no doubt it was on purpose the line judge has one job. 

Do other teams seem to have this unusual streak of "bad luck or calls"?  I'm never a conspiracy theroist or any of that but some of the calls were bad.....and costly.

You can't erase or get back a game, especially for the youngest team in the NFL.

6 hours ago, onkyoreceiver said:

Hue had refused to have the team take the field to start the 2nd Half (a la Earle Bruce against LSU in 1987) until the line judge/whole crew etc who missed the false start call - which not only would have taken points off the board but would have pushed SD out of their kicker's field goal range - had been replaced or some other sort of demand had been met, as a protest against the absolutely horrible officiating.   That call was completely inexcusable and is somewhat going to be overlooked due to the fact that we got blown out and it ultimately wasn't the major factor in why we lost.  If the game had been close,, however, that call easily could have cost us the game.  Again. I mean these calls are totally unreal and they just KEEP COMING, game in and game out.  I have personally never seen ANYTHING like this.

I don't expect he'd do it, but just wonder what would have happened if he - or any NFL coach in a similar situation for that matter - showed some Shmucking balls and stood up to these Shmucking referees..  I mean, it's not like everyone isn't totally aware we are being screwed week in and week out.  Big time.

We still would have gotten our asses kicked.

I've never seen anything like that missed false start call. It was absolutely terrible and unbelievable. 

Crazy solutions aside, how many weeks in a row will it take before the Browns make some sort of formal statement? This is objectively three weeks in a town where the NFL will have to admit they were wrong.

Every week on the replay shows its "and well the browns got unlucky on that call". When does that concept go out the window and we actually hold these guys accountable? That was honestly the worst missed false start I've ever seen watching football.

3 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Sorry for posting in plain English. I don't stutter and you should have paid attention in school. Bye!

You don't stutter. 

You do post nonsense, though. 

Unfortunately I never had a class where we were taught how to decipher the ramblings of some old coot like yourself whining about a head coach of a NFL football team at nauseum. 

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Crazy solutions aside, how many weeks in a row will it take before the Browns make some sort of formal statement? This is objectively three weeks in a town where the NFL will have to admit they were wrong.

Every week on the replay shows its "and well the browns got unlucky on that call". When does that concept go out the window and we actually hold these guys accountable? That was honestly the worst missed false start I've ever seen watching football.

The NFL still does not employ their referees full-time, year round, correct? 

That baffles me. 

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Do other teams seem to have this unusual streak of "bad luck or calls"?  I'm never a conspiracy theroist or any of that but some of the calls were bad.....and costly.

You can't erase or get back a game, especially for the youngest team in the NFL.

Yes...there are bad calls in every game and against every team, just about every week.   The difference is with the Browns, they're just not good enough (yet) to overcome mistakes.  Either their own or the ones by the officials.   Having watched that defense get ass raped up and down the field, do you really think it would've mattered if it became 3rd and 10 rather than 3rd and 5?   The defense gave up a 90 yard drive in 2 plays!   That one missed call didn't have one thing to do with the outcome of that game.

For the ones who think "well this was a terrible call, so it would have changed the score, so the Browns win" have absolutely no clue what goes into a football game. Yes, the score might have changed AT THE TIME. But a call in a 1st quarter that would have been 3 instead of 7 doesn't mean the outcome would change

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Expect an official apology from the League office after they review the tape. It's not going to change anything. What's happened is a lot of the long time highly respected officials have retired. But it's been pointed out some of the long time officiating crews (the leftovers when the good guys retired) are the ones most frequently responsible for making some of the bad calls this year, not the new crews. 

18 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Honestly maybe that would have been ok if we did that and forfeited.

No... it would have been whatever the exact opposite of "OK" is. Plus it would have been "quitting".

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

Yes...there are bad calls in every game and against every team, just about every week. 

Bingo...

Check out any Bengals' Forum today.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Expect an official apology from the League office after they review the tape.

Kinda like an abusive boyfriend that keeps kicking his girlfriend’s butt.

I’m sorry sweetheart...it won’t happen again.

3 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Can anyone confirm a holding against Ratley on the 20+ Nick Chubb run? Where the corner fell backwards? Did the cameras just not catch the actual hold?

Nobody is talking about it but it was a huge call. We were down 14-3 and that run would’ve took us into FG range, with a first down.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I think it was kind of 'eh'. Somewhat borderline. 

Oh crap, now I'm talking to myself! 🤣

There will always be bad calls....and bad no-calls.  But you still have to be good enough to win.  We're not.

You cannot be dropping TD passes.........while the opponent catches theirs.

56 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

As I have mentioned before, The missuz has business dealings that have mingled us in some high Browns places. From what I know about rich people here in the land of cotton, Hue Jackson is not likely to be fired, and if one clears their head of football and looks at this as a person of wealth, stature and public exposure, it will becomenclear as to why I say this, and why it is logical

TN plantation owners and their wives are extremely, politically correct and in that, especially.with a liberal wife are very resistant to firing a black, especially.given there are so few as head coaches. Sticking by Hue, is akin to a corporation going green. It just carres a lot of community support and good will.

Next, with political activism in the NFL at an all time high, Haslam is absolutely not going to suffer the potential consequences of Kaepernick type press.

If Hue was going to be fired, 1-35 was the time it would have happened. Use common sense. Haslam is going to fire a black head coach who went from 0-16 to 4-11-1? As Bush 1 said......Not gonna happen.

Who WILL GO? Obviously Greg Williams. His defense has been shredded several times and is mistake prone.

Use more common sense......Haslam HIMSELF squashed any gossip that Dorsey ran the show buy CLEARLY announcing that Hue does not report to Dorsey.

Finally, again, use common sense. In Hard Knocks AND in his press conferences Hue has been forceful about his foibles, never once remorseful or repentant. Only a man self-assured of his job own job stability would qct that way.

Williams first, maybe Haley first if Baker keeps gettong bashed. 

We are stuck with Marvin Hueless.

How long will Dorsey be alright with that deal? I see him as our best shot at having a truly competitive team

Archived