THE BROWNS BOARD

Jarvis Landry

LondonBrown

4 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Oh boy. We are paying #1 WR money for a slow paced slot receiver that doesn’t get open. 

Yep, so far he's just huffed and puffed. 

1 minute ago, stillmotion said:

He was double teamed. Still though, you expect calloway to catch the dang ball sometime? You expect Duke Johnson to get the ball more, but no, instead we threw to Ratley, an unproven rookie.

This offense has no identity or plan. They’re just calling plays. 

26 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Oh boy. We are paying #1 WR money for a slow paced slot receiver that doesn’t get open. 

jarvis landry is a bigmouth piece of Sheet...he was that way with the dolphins....wasn't he and his shitass wife badmouthing tannehill saying it was all the qb's fault....another facking andre rison he is......

Just now, stillmotion said:

He was double teamed. Still though, you expect calloway to catch the dang ball sometime? You expect Duke Johnson to get the ball more, but no, instead we threw to Ratley, an unproven rookie.

yeah well, antonio brown is doubled alot and he still shines....this shitass we have thinks he is antonio brown....guy is a bunch of hot facking air...

4 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

This offense has no identity or plan. They’re just calling plays. 

That's what pissed me off the most..... times where Toad could establish our identity as a tough butt team, he goes all cute. He asks the rookie QB to do the stuff a 10yr all pro vet does. Head scratching to say the least.

If I (just an average fan) don't know what our identity is, then how the hell do the players? 

19 minutes ago, D Bone said:

That's what pissed me off the most..... times where Toad could establish our identity as a tough butt team, he goes all cute. He asks the rookie QB to do the stuff a 10yr all pro vet does. Head scratching to say the least.

If I (just an average fan) don't know what our identity is, then how the hell do the players? 

They’re determined to use Landry and Hyde as much as possible. And Callaway. 

Playmakers like Chubb, Duke and Njoku aren’t being used enough. 

Although Njoku has picked up since Baker game in. 

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

And Haslam can watch Josh Gordon shine, tonight.

Look, people, the problem with the Browns is continuity. He Browns CONTINUALLY pass on the best players in the draft. They continue to refuse to participate in acquiring playmakers, and instead, get second-tier players, under the fantasy that they are snookering the rest of the NFL in getting top-tier talent for bargain prices. The Browns do not have a single player that would start for the Steelers. 

IF the Browns truly were trying to build for the future, they would have taken Barkley, and then one of the big QBs with the 4th pick.

Garrett was a mistake. Today you got to see just how one-dimensional he is, and how easily he can be used as toilet paper on run plays.

Hue, WIlliams and Haley ALL need to go.

Again loudmouth:

We will go back to 2005. This is THE top "playmaker" drafted where the Browns picked/would have picked, and just to keep you honest as the Browns "cant draft well, I will even include the next if the Browns took one. 13 years is a LONG career

2005- Braylon Edwards/Cedric Benson

2006- Laurence Maroney

2007- Adrian Peterson (1)

2008- No 1st rounder

2009- Percy Harvin

2010- CJ Spiller

2011- Julio Jones (2)

2012- Trent Richardson/ Justin Blackmon

2013- Tavon Austin

2014- Sammy Watkins

2015- Devante Parker

2016- Paxton Lynch (who YOU wanted when the Browns had the 2nd pick over Wentz) or Will Fuller

2017- Mitchell Trubisky

2018- Saquon Barkley (3)

Now your fat, whiny butt will say something like you would have picked the right person, blah blah blah, but YOUR argument is that the Browns FO is so dumb that they wont take the top playmakers available in the draft. So THESE players ARE the top playmakers available at the Browns pick.

Then of course there would be ABSOLUTELY NO DEFENSIVE TOP TALENT, and you would fill out the roster with undrafted dime a dozen OL.

And had you had your way, the Browns would have Barkley, Lamar Jackson (as no matter how much you try and deflect or deny, he was YOUR 1st choice as top player in draft) and Calvin Ridley. And have no draft picks the next 2 years.

So please just STFU about knowing ANYTHING.

Garrett team is 2-3-1 and the BEST PLAYER EVER by a HUGE margin, Saquon Barkley is 1-5. 

I already know your response, because you THINK you know it all. Well he doesnt have a QB. Guess what loud mouth (or large mouth, or dumbass) that is correct, Eli is done. You CAN'T win in today's NFL without a QB, no matter what little toy you have. That is why the Browns took a QB, like you complained about not doing for years, then they do and you still complain, and what the Giants SHOULD have done. But hey, they have a running game, which has resulted in 1 win.

You know NOTHING about football. What you have shown a competent knack for is being a good gambler/predictor.

The only reason you rag in Myles and Joe is because you wish you had 1% of them. Their skills, dedication, money, looks, fame, etc.

But hey, I got some GREAT news for you Foolio, you do indeed beat them in something. Just step on a scale and your number will be higher than theirs

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

jarvis landry is a bigmouth piece of Sheet...he was that way with the dolphins....wasn't he and his shitass wife badmouthing tannehill saying it was all the qb's fault....another facking andre rison he is......

your the same potty mouth for 3 years running that don't know the game..His name is Brent Grimes..he played CB at Mia.

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

yeah well, antonio brown is doubled alot and he still shines....this shitass we have thinks he is antonio brown....guy is a bunch of hot facking air...

Not a damn WR would attempt a down field block till Landry walked in the door. Now they all do it. So Baker sitting in a 5 step drop pocket gave him no windows, nor vision to even see Landry.. So who's the hot facking air posting nonsense? once again Browns 52..

Landry's play has tailed off significantly in the last 3 games, that said hes far from a piece of crap and will still likely end up catching close to a 100 balls for plenty of chain moving drives. The under use of Duke is something I agree with completely. Every time they use him he makes stuff happen. I don't know what the heck he did to get buried so far in touches. With most the receivers playing like they do I would move him to a permanent receiver role OR run a crap load of 2 back sets with him in. 

This team has to trade for a receiver prior to the deadline. One I would like to see us target is E. St. Brown from the Packers. Big body rookie with HANDS. For a very low pick or player would love to bring in Larry Fitzpatrick to play and to teach our shitheads to catch. last but far from least trading for Amari Cooper is a very real and achievable possibility. We have to have weapons for our rookie QB if we dont want to ruin him. 

42 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Landry's play has tailed off significantly in the last 3 games, that said hes far from a piece of crap and will still likely end up catching close to a 100 balls for plenty of chain moving drives. The under use of Duke is something I agree with completely. Every time they use him he makes stuff happen. I don't know what the heck he did to get buried so far in touches. With most the receivers playing like they do I would move him to a permanent receiver role OR run a crap load of 2 back sets with him in. 

This team has to trade for a receiver prior to the deadline. One I would like to see us target is E. St. Brown from the Packers. Big body rookie with HANDS. For a very low pick or player would love to bring in Larry Fitzpatrick to play and to teach our shitheads to catch. last but far from least trading for Amari Cooper is a very real and achievable possibility. We have to have weapons for our rookie QB if we dont want to ruin him. 

Fitzgerald isnt going to leave ARI. He seems like a great guy and wouldn't want to leave the only team he has played for. Certainly not for a team that isnt a true contender 

17 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Fitzgerald isnt going to leave ARI. He seems like a great guy and wouldn't want to leave the only team he has played for. Certainly not for a team that isnt a true contender 

Larry is the face of AZ. I couldn't see us wanting to take his contact. Can you?

Amari Cooper is a possibility, but he's so streaky it's crazy. 

52 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Larry is the face of AZ. I couldn't see us wanting to take his contact. Can you?

Amari Cooper is a possibility, but he's so streaky it's crazy. 

Dont think Larry would want to go, Arizona would want him to go, or Cleveland even try.

Maybe a team like Dallas, New England, etc may try, but I doubt it would happen. Bad PR for Arizona to get rid of him for minimal comp.

Cleveland just isnt a big contender now, even had they won today

5 hours ago, stillmotion said:

At least Ratley made some plays. I think he caught 6-8 targets. That's basically head and shoulders above anyone else. Not sure if he could've caught that flea flicker, I'll need to see it again, but it was close. Honestly, I just don't know who will make the amazing plays for OUR team when we need them. Every week, or just about, there are incredible plays made by elite players. Who is going to do that for us? 

It's just sad because at one time I thought we had some of the best receivers in the league. 

Just now, jiggins7919 said:

At least Ratley made some plays. I think he caught 6-8 targets. That's basically head and shoulders above anyone else. Not sure if he could've caught that flea flicker, I'll need to see it again, but it was close. Honestly, I just don't know who will make the amazing plays for OUR team when we need them. Every week, or just about, there are incredible plays made by elite players. Who is going to do that for us? 

Well it won’t be Landry. Yet that’s what we are paying him to be. 

Jarvis is too emotional at times, He's more boom or bust like Desean Jackson for the Bucs, but we really need a strong WR2 in order for Landry to be effective.

Landry, Josh Gordon, and Higgins were a good tandem, but Gordon was unreliable, and Higgins is currently shaken up. We need to trade and get a strong WR2.

9 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Jarvis is too emotional at times, He's more boom or bust like Desean Jackson for the Bucs, but we really need a strong WR2 in order for Landry to be effective.

Landry, Josh Gordon, and Higgins were a good tandem, but Gordon was unreliable, and Higgins is currently shaken up. We need to trade and get a strong WR2.

I think the problem long term is that Landry IS the WR2, and what the Browns need is WR1.

And before any delusional posters say it, no, Gordon was NEVER going to be that guy for the Browns. 

We need another WR to make our $15m WR any good 😂😂😂😂

BS and then some. 

Landry is what he was. A slot receiver not a #1 or a #2. He’s been vastly overpaid and just hope we can get out of it after year one or two relatively unscathed. 

9 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

We need another WR to make our $15m WR any good 😂😂😂😂

BS and then some. 

Landry is what he was. A slot receiver not a #1 or a #2. He’s been vastly overpaid and just hope we can get out of it after year one or two relatively unscathed. 

Could be worse.

Could have used a first rounder on a bust like Corey Coleman. 

Landry is currently our only REAL receiver.  

If YOU were our opposing defensive coordinator, who would YOU try and take out of the game with coverage?   Rookie Ratley?  Rookie, dropsie, Callaway?  

How many dropped passes did Baker have?  How many dropped TD's?

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think the problem long term is that Landry IS the WR2, and what the Browns need is WR1.

And before any delusional posters say it, no, Gordon was NEVER going to be that guy for the Browns. 

I'm your delusional poster! Lol

I know what you're saying about Gordon, and I have very little doubt that he'll be suspended at some point this season and be gone, but here's the thing....he's not suspended yet! We could've had him for the last two games. Look at what Gordon did last night, and you'll notice he didn't do anything spectacular. But what the stats don't tell you is that he drew a 40 yard pass interference penalty in the end zone because he beat his defender and Tom threw a perfect ball. Then Gordon drew another defensive holding penalty in the end zone because he was going to beat his man badly again to the inside. Both of these possessions resulted in easy TDs. 

Now let me ask you this:  Does Josh Gordon catch the flea flicker? Does he catch the other bomb that Callaway couldn't get? Obviously there's no way to know, but I'm guessing he he gets them both. 

I'm not a Hue Jackson hater. I've never said to fire him or anything like that. However, the decision to let Gordon go was purely his call. He was irate with the Gordon injury, and he basically unilaterally decided to move on from him. John Dorsey had his back, which is when we changed our tune and said that we'd instead trade him. Let me ask you another question:  If Josh Gordon is such bad news, why would the Patriots want him? 

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I didn't like letting Gordon go week 2, and I don't like it now. ESPECIALLY since we have a rookie QB playing who absolutely needs people to throw to. Getting Higgins back will help, but we all know that's not enough. How many drops has Callaway had? Btw, Callaway plays Gordon's position. You think Gordon is bouncing that perfectly thrown deep square-in toss that Callaway did yesterday? 

#1 WRs aren't easy to find, and Gordon is definitely one of them. Even if we only had him for half the season or however long he lasts this year. 

Jesus Shmucking Christ. 

Josh Gordon came up with a fake hamstring injury to get out of playing for the Browns, after years upon years of sabotaging his career.

I seriously wonder about some of you. Absolutely delusional. 

Archived