THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Chargers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Thanks... Now we need Njoku covered.

Kid played a good game AND for the first time he was the tall, red-zone target we've been craving.

Yes he did. One of our few bright spots. You know what? I really liked that fade route TD. Like I said earlier, I'd prefer to pound that in from so short, but I envision that Njoku fade being something we can run a lot more. It was timed perfectly, he literally snagged the ball and somehow transferred the ball to his one hand like he was holding an orange. If we can get that type of match up again, it's definitely worth running more. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've counted OVER 13 BLOCKS in the back that resulted in extra yards for the Chargers and NOT A SINGLE FLAG... it's maddening. We should have just teed off on Rivers and ended his career. 

2 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I've counted OVER 13 BLOCKS in the back that resulted in extra yards for the Chargers and NOT A SINGLE FLAG... it's maddening. We should have just teed off on Rivers and ended his career. 

Are you counting ones inside "the box"?

16 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Why encourage the little boy?    He's still fragile from Joshy woshy being traded and we didn't draft his boyfriend and Ben Hogan still isn't starting in Denver and etc etc etc.     He's just a younger, less vulgar version of our resident blow hard.

I painfully rewatched the game and it's maddening to see all of our chances. We spent the majority of the first half in Charger territory! I guess I knew that already, but to see it again is just...just...UGH! I mean, it was 7-3 deep into the first half. Man, what an obnoxious game for us, and then we all know what happened in the 2nd half. But I'll tell you something, as bad as the game was, it really had the opportunity to be a lot closer, at least early. We had chances, plenty of them. I'm thinking we convert a good amount of these next week. 

16 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Watch this Sheet on 50% speed, it's painful to watch again but afterwards you know the truth.

Of course it is painful to watch: 9 mins at half speed? 18 minutes of slowmotion? Take me to Guantanamo instead!

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

They were on outside runs out in the flat, on punt returns and well into our second level on LBs. They were virtually on EVERY big play, they were holding all over the place, they nearly pulled off one of our DLs jerseys on one play- had half his belly out. The Chargers cheated and got away with it... 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Who is this anyway? I demand you release jiggins from whatever dungeon you have placed him in.🙄

I was out of my mind last week.  There's really no excuse for it.  I live in the Florida panhandle and had a monstrous hurricane that somehow Mapquested its route directly to my house.  I was a bundle of anxiety and was probably just let my emotions get the best of me.  The negative douche bag isn't who I am.  The good news is, we came through the storm relatively unscathed, certainly way better than the people to the southwest of us on the beach.  I had a giant tree fall in my yard about 3 inches from my house, and we didn't have power for days, but we're safe and sound now.  

Anyways, we're playing the worst secondary in the league that gives up almost an 80% completion rate.  I know our receivers are beyond thin, but if there was EVER a game where they might be open, THIS is the one.  Of course, we also have to CATCH the ball, but that's another story, LOL.  We need to score touchdowns, not bog down in the opposition's territory again.  

On 10/15/2018 at 10:11 AM, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I think it starts up front with the DLine, which didn’t show up, and was obliterated by those end arounds, which btw, was probably some kind of presnap adjustment installed in their offense. Because I’d seriously doubt they just kept calling an “end-around” like that. Phillip Rivers studies tape everyday in his van on the way to practice, and it showed. We looked like a college team against the big boys.

I do agree, that for this current defense to work, we’d need some kind of stud LB who is unblockable and can run a 4.2 40 lol

Talent lacks on the DL too. I guess Shelton and Naasib are missed. CLE played well against the run last year. GW should have adjusted then. It was ridiculous hearing the WR talk about CLE had the same coverage 2 plays in a row so they ran the same deep pass play twice. I seen too many weeks now RBs against CLE looking like Pro Bowlers especially when they get to the outside. 

I'm hoping they get Devin White in the draft. He'd be for the D what Baker is for the O.

19 hours ago, Nero said:

Of course it is painful to watch: 9 mins at half speed? 18 minutes of slowmotion? Take me to Guantanamo instead!

4 touchdowns. I counted 4 DROPPED touchdowns against the Chargers. The Callaway bomb, the Ratley flea-flicker, then Callaway dropped a deep square in on a PERFECT pass WITH a designed blocker in front of him around the 15 yard line, and not to be outdone, Ratley then drops maybe an EASIER touchdown on a post route that Baker basically floated to him. I'm not sure all of these drops will be on the "highlight video", but they are on the one below. 4 dropped touchdowns. Two of them rather easy. Suppose we catch HALF of them...what does 14 points do to the final score? Do we win, severely doubtful, but you never know how big plays alter the landscape of the game. At any rate, the game is CLOSER, and we even get some things to cheer about. 

4....dropped....touchdowns.

I'll be the first one to say John Dorsey has done a lot of good, no doubt in my mind. But he should've found a way to talk Hue Jackson off the ledge regarding Gordon. We put up with SO MUCH, and we couldn't hold on a little longer? We have a ROOKIE QB. He needs all the help he can get, and we're playing Ratley, Callaway, Perriman, and Landry?! Ahhhhhh! This game is 4 drops away from being a fun, thrilling, shootout. 

I know many of you have different opinions about Gordon, and I respect them and completely see your side of the issue. I really do. And I'm not trying to start another Gordon debate, but what hurts a team more? Unreliability from a potential super star, or unreliability from guys who won't make the big plays? 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I know many of you have different opinions about Gordon, and I respect them and completely see your side of the issue. I really do. And I'm not trying to start another Gordon debate, but what hurts a team more? Unreliability from a potential super star, or unreliability from guys who won't make the big plays? 

let it go jig..Not a sole here or team staffed is questioning Gordo's field talents..Last peek at the final straw,paragraph 4 makes team doc's source..  https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/09/josh_gordon_4.html  Dorsey had the right to pull his final straw.No team support group better than the team he plays for now..Rarely we agree cause you play both sides of the ball to offen. Baker 'DiD' play well enough after the rare sideline slip.Showed his guts, but so many surrounding position issues collapsed around him. 5 step drops are closing his view and passing windows pulling the ball back. Combine Bakers poor outside the pocket percentage..Haley/Wylie have a lot of work to do rolling pockets or maybe dropping Baker deepier in pocket to see Brees windows..No Doubt our TE/RB/WR need to "CatcH the damn ball" Am not seeing the burst in Landry's game from Mia..Could still be his knee? But Tampa has noone to cover this Kat..we will see...                                                     5k4Y.gif    5int.gif    

On 10/14/2018 at 11:02 AM, Tour2ma said:

Inactives are out. Each are missing a WR weapon...

Los Angeles Chargers Injuries

Joe Barksdale OT Inactive  
Travis Benjamin WR Inactive  
Joey Bosa DE Inactive  
Jatavis Brown OLB Inactive  
Caleb Sturgis K Inactive  
Cole Toner OT Inactive  
Kyzir White LB Inactive  

Cleveland Browns Injuries

Carl Davis DT Inactive  
Rashard Higgins WR Inactive  
Chris Hubbard OT Inactive  
Breshad Perriman WR Inactive  
Drew Stanton QB Inactive  
Tavierre Thomas CB Inactive  
Tanner Vallejo LB Inactive

Why the hell is there a Shmucking in active list if these guys are being paid and if they are on the roster let them play I don’t understand it at all. If they are injured OK they just don’t play with perfectly healthy well paid players are not being allowed to take the field. 

was in the Bahamas and I watched the game but wasn't active on here. Man, some of you really expect a miracle don't you?

Mayfield clearly was hobbled and was throwing to off the street WR's for most of the game. The chargers very smartly were white on rice against Landry, and the other dudes simply weren't open down the field. Hobbled QB + injured WR core = bad offense. It sucks the pickle, but it's some big surprise either. Really wish we had the bye this week, but of course that doesn't work out in our favor.

Sometimes in the NFL you just get licked, and that's what happened Sunday. We had the roster makeup for it to happen this past week and lost even more key dudes during the game. Nothing to lose the faith that this team is improving.

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

was in the Bahamas and I watched the game but wasn't active on here. Man, some of you really expect a miracle don't you?

Mayfield clearly was hobbled and was throwing to off the street WR's for most of the game. The chargers very smartly were white on rice against Landry, and the other dudes simply weren't open down the field. Hobbled QB + injured WR core = bad offense. It sucks the pickle, but it's some big surprise either. Really wish we had the bye this week, but of course that doesn't work out in our favor.

Sometimes in the NFL you just get licked, and that's what happened Sunday. We had the roster makeup for it to happen this past week and lost even more key dudes during the game. Nothing to lose the faith that this team is improving.

I really don't think many of us on here expected a miracle, but I also don't believe anyone expected a throttling, either.  ESPECIALLY at home.  Making matters worse is the play of our WR's, and then losing Joe Schobert.  It was NOT a good week by any stretch of the imagination, and we're limping into next week's game both literally and figuratively.  We dropped four touchdown passes against the Chargers.  Four.  Each week our coaches say these drops can't keep happening, yet each week they continue to be a devastating problem.  Worse yet is all four of these TD passes were on potential plays of 35 yards or more.  Those are the "momentum plays", the crowd erupters, and the ones you simply must execute because you only get so many chances a game for plays like that.  The flea-flicker and deep bomb to Callaway were not easy catches whatsoever, but the other two (Callaway deep square-in, Ratley post route with no safety) were beyond ordinary and something a high school player should execute 19/20 times.  

Add in the fact that we gave up a million yards on the ground and couldn't stop a single reverse all day, and fans get upset.  I certainly didn't expect a miracle, but I also didn't expect to see THAT.  The good news is we play in a few days against a poor secondary.  It's now or never for an offense that has struggled for basically every game but one.  

Oh, and I'm about tired of the first quarter punt-fest.  6 points through 6 games in the first quarter?  Geez.  Cmon Brownies, you can do better!  Jump on these clowns in Tampa early and they'll fold.  I know it.

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

let it go jig..Not a sole here or team staffed is questioning Gordo's field talents..Last peek at the final straw,paragraph 4 makes team doc's source..  https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/09/josh_gordon_4.html  Dorsey had the right to pull his final straw.No team support group better than the team he plays for now..Rarely we agree cause you play both sides of the ball to offen. Baker 'DiD' play well enough after the rare sideline slip.Showed his guts, but so many surrounding position issues collapsed around him. 5 step drops are closing his view and passing windows pulling the ball back. Combine Bakers poor outside the pocket percentage..Haley/Wylie have a lot of work to do rolling pockets or maybe dropping Baker deepier in pocket to see Brees windows..No Doubt our TE/RB/WR need to "CatcH the damn ball" Am not seeing the burst in Landry's game from Mia..Could still be his knee? But Tampa has noone to cover this Kat..we will see...                                                     5k4Y.gif    5int.gif    

Yeah, I know.  Just frustrated.  It's difficult watching us drop multiple TD's and then see our rookie QB getting killed.  But like you said, we have an EXCELLENT opportunity ahead of us this week, and while the Bucs have managed to play multiple teams very tough, I think we can beat them, I really do.  

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I really don't think many of us on here expected a miracle, but I also don't believe anyone expected a throttling, either.  ESPECIALLY at home.  Making matters worse is the play of our WR's, and then losing Joe Schobert.  It was NOT a good week by any stretch of the imagination, and we're limping into next week's game both literally and figuratively.  We dropped four touchdown passes against the Chargers.  Four.  Each week our coaches say these drops can't keep happening, yet each week they continue to be a devastating problem.  Worse yet is all four of these TD passes were on potential plays of 35 yards or more.  Those are the "momentum plays", the crowd erupters, and the ones you simply must execute because you only get so many chances a game for plays like that.  The flea-flicker and deep bomb to Callaway were not easy catches whatsoever, but the other two (Callaway deep square-in, Ratley post route with no safety) were beyond ordinary and something a high school player should execute 19/20 times.  

Add in the fact that we gave up a million yards on the ground and couldn't stop a single reverse all day, and fans get upset.  I certainly didn't expect a miracle, but I also didn't expect to see THAT.  The good news is we play in a few days against a poor secondary.  It's now or never for an offense that has struggled for basically every game but one.  

Oh, and I'm about tired of the first quarter punt-fest.  6 points through 6 games in the first quarter?  Geez.  Cmon Brownies, you can do better!  Jump on these clowns in Tampa early and they'll fold.  I know it.

I mean yeah, I hear ya and before the game I didn't think they'd lose like that. I'm just saying when you look at the game at a high level, it literally had ALL the makings of the Browns getting throttled as it played out. It's frustrating but when you lose your off the street WR on a season-ending injury during a game, it typically isn't going to bode well. That same thing means a bunch of young dudes or otherwise below average guys are trying to catch the football. Drops, bad routes and missed opportunities were just going to happen. That's just how it goes sometimes, hopefully Higgins can come back a little quicker. We gotta put Duke out there at WR more as well, in having Hilliard on the roster we have plenty of opportunities for that.

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

I mean yeah, I hear ya and before the game I didn't think they'd lose like that. I'm just saying when you look at the game at a high level, it literally had ALL the makings of the Browns getting throttled as it played out. It's frustrating but when you lose your off the street WR on a season-ending injury during a game, it typically isn't going to bode well. That same thing means a bunch of young dudes or otherwise below average guys are trying to catch the football. Drops, bad routes and missed opportunities were just going to happen. That's just how it goes sometimes, hopefully Higgins can come back a little quicker. We gotta put Duke out there at WR more as well, in having Hilliard on the roster we have plenty of opportunities for that.

Amen to all of that. 

On 10/16/2018 at 7:45 AM, jiggins7919 said:

I was out of my mind last week.  There's really no excuse for it.  I live in the Florida panhandle and had a monstrous hurricane that somehow Mapquested its route directly to my house.  I was a bundle of anxiety and was probably just let my emotions get the best of me.  The negative douche bag isn't who I am.  The good news is, we came through the storm relatively unscathed, certainly way better than the people to the southwest of us on the beach.  I had a giant tree fall in my yard about 3 inches from my house, and we didn't have power for days, but we're safe and sound now.  

Anyways, we're playing the worst secondary in the league that gives up almost an 80% completion rate.  I know our receivers are beyond thin, but if there was EVER a game where they might be open, THIS is the one.  Of course, we also have to CATCH the ball, but that's another story, LOL.  We need to score touchdowns, not bog down in the opposition's territory again.  

It's really acceptable bro.

A new week, a new chance to win.

We'll crush the pathetic bucs D.

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

So some have mentioned that the Browns seemed flat Sunday... Came out with no energy. Well this is probably much to do about nothing, but this is making the rounds now... 

44286403_10217254675776903_1529711224479023104_n.jpg

pfffttt well if this guy jake said it well then i guess were doomed,,,FUK jake

6 minutes ago, ATOM said:

pfffttt well if this guy jake said it well then i guess were doomed,,,FUK jake

For all anyone knows, whoever tweeted this isn't a Mayfield fan and is just trying to start controversy. 

That being said, a lot of people seemed to notice that the team seemed "odd", especially coming off such a big win. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

For all anyone knows, whoever tweeted this isn't a Mayfield fan and is just trying to start controversy. 

That being said, a lot of people seemed to notice that the team seemed "odd", especially coming off such a big win. 

blame that embarrassment of a game on hue and that fukking pitburgh loving snoop

Archived