THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Chargers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

this is a bad loss.  completely dominated.  no bright spots.  Literally everyone at every level sucked on defense today.

we are probably looking at 6 wins now...which would definately get hue fired

LAC were the better team, with coaching and with plays and hustle.

Yeah, there's room for analysis and hand-wringing but sometimes you get beat. 

Everything was flat for the Browns.

Welcome back Browns ....... I thought I was supporting a different team for a couple of weeks there ...I knew my beloved Browns would come home again

1 hour ago, tinythinker said:

Everything was flat for the Browns.

It really was...

Today we were out-coached and outplayed.

And injury was added to insult. We are going to miss Joe in the middle.

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Will we see another controversial play call that unfairly goes against our Browns?

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/10/nfl_defends_carlos_hyde_revers.html

No controversy when you're down by three scores...  

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Baker went in tent to be evaluated? Do not need that!

Only in Cleveland can your starting QB twist an ankle slipping on a down marker. We're lucky it wasn't a season ending ACL.  :(  

4 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Where are our fuc.king WRs today?

On IR (Willies) and inactive (Higgins) sprained knee

3 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Another false start blatant miss by the refs. The bias isn't real though right?

That had to be one of the worst if not the worst missed false starts I've ever seen. How in the hell was it missed? And it cost us a score, I'd almost bet the Browns let up waiting for the flag. You can bet Hue will send a tape of that play to NY, and we'll get a Oh we're sorry we missed that one from the League office. 

Oh, that personal foul on the interception was BS too.  

Out-schemed today. Those end arounds were left the defense exposed bad, Gregg Williams had no answers.

It’s clearly this defense has a big weakness, that being the outside run. So much space and huge lanes to the outside. 

Offense came out, had one good play to Njoku, then the defense committed an offsides, so 1st and 5.

Next, Instead of trying to establish the run, Haley? calls a play out of shotgun which had all the receivers all run a 5 yard hook route. Baker Mayfield is NOT Drew Brees.

To come out on the second play and call that BS, which resulted in an incomplete pass. Then guesss what? We ran for 0 yards on the next play. Leaving a predictable 3rd and 5 pass. I drove up to Ohio with fam to be disappointed in an offensive playcall on the second play.

We CANNOT beat a winning team like this.

Nick Chubb had a run where he literally was gliding by the defense, and it came back. To a holding call on a receiver(Ratley I think). Guess what, only 3 rushes: 25 yards[8.3 yards a carry], despite that nice run coming back. 

And in regards to the holding, did anyone see a hold on that play? That was one of 2 terrible calls that pop out to me.

What. The. Actual. Fu%#.

Baker, in a less than ideal situation, played ok. The first interception right out of halftime, is a throw we all know he’d like to have back.

But I don’t blame him, he was trying to make something happen when the refs and offensive coordinators weren’t doing a lot to keep the game manageable. 

I think somebody’s gotta go and I hope it’s Haley. I am tired of the approach. 

I don’t like Williams very much at this point either but I think it’s less in his control then it is for Haley.

1 minute ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Did you watch the game?

Sure did, it was a stinker in every aspect. 

And if you are someone who only posts when the Browns lose, and disappear when they win, my post was directed at you. If not, then it wasn't. 

Not seeing any bitchin' 'bout the STs this week...

What a waste of a good effort.

Especially that Peppers guy on punt returns...

Also good to see Hilliard returning KOs.

42 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

keep the flame wars to.the poly board, thats what its there for afterall.

It should only take one warning- out of hand personal attacks are going to go into the ether of oblivion. So cool it...  

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not seeing any bitchin' 'bout the STs this week...

What a waste of a good effort.

Especially that Peppers guy on punt returns...

Also good to see Hilliard returning KOs.

STs, bitch, bitch, bitch. There- you happy? Going from atrocious to mediocre is improvement I suppose. And the crisp tacking was unobservable....   

My thoughts -

our OC runs too often on second down. Not sure what is up with that.

our wr's available couldn't get open fer nothin most of the time.

when Baker tweaked whatever it was, he was a sitting duck even worse than when all the wr's were covered.

That absolutely flagrant illegal motion penalty by the LT? how in the hades can that NOT be called ???

Does anybody here think if that was the Browns LT ...it would have been a no-call?

Anyways, the Browns simply did NOT match up well with Seattle. Especially in the trenches. It is what it is - just a bad game. The Browns are not good enough to overcome bad matchups personnel-wise.

they will bounce back.

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

My thoughts -

our OC runs too often on second down. Not sure what is up with that.

our wr's available couldn't get open fer nothin most of the time.

when Baker tweaked whatever it was, he was a sitting duck even worse than when all the wr's were covered.

That absolutely flagrant illegal motion penalty by the LT? how in the hades can that NOT be called ???

Does anybody here think if that was the Browns LT ...it would have been a no-call?

Anyways, the Browns simply did NOT match up well with Seattle. Especially in the trenches. It is what it is - just a bad game. The Browns are not good enough to overcome bad matchups personnel-wise.

they will bounce back.

I hope Dorsey gets active at the trade deadline. 

8 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Out-schemed today. Those end arounds were left the defense exposed bad, Gregg Williams had no answers.

It’s clearly this defense has a big weakness, that being the outside run. So much space and huge lanes to the outside. 

Offense came out, had one good play to Njoku, then the defense committed an offsides, so 1st and 5.

Next, Instead of trying to establish the run, Haley? calls a play out of shotgun which had all the receivers all run a 5 yard hook route. Baker Mayfield is NOT Drew Brees.

To come out on the second play and call that BS, which resulted in an incomplete pass. Then guesss what? We ran for 0 yards on the next play. Leaving a predictable 3rd and 5 pass. I drove up to Ohio with fam to be disappointed in an offensive playcall on the second play.

We CANNOT beat a winning team like this.

Nick Chubb had a run where he literally was gliding by the defense, and it came back. To a holding call on a receiver(Ratley I think). Guess what, only 3 rushes: 25 yards[8.3 yards a carry], despite that nice run coming back. 

And in regards to the holding, did anyone see a hold on that play? That was one of 2 terrible calls that pop out to me.

What. The. Actual. Fu%#.

Baker, in a less than ideal situation, played ok. The first interception right out of halftime, is a throw we all know he’d like to have back.

But I don’t blame him, he was trying to make something happen when the refs and offensive coordinators weren’t doing a lot to keep the game manageable. 

I think somebody’s gotta go and I hope it’s Haley. I am tired of the approach. 

I don’t like Williams very much at this point either but I think it’s less in his control then it is for Haley.

They need LBs. Collins doesn't always play hard. Schobert gets blocked and gets tackles yards down the field instead of in the backfield. Nobody can cover sideline to sideline. 

I'd say Williams. He's been in CLE longer. He needs more talent to run the scheme he runs. He doesn't seem to adapt to his scheme to the talent he has now. All the blitzing teams have caught on and he still blitz. Guys like Collins and Ojunobi should be benched for their effort. You can't win in the NFL if you can't stop the run.

The offense looked better during garbage time when they actually used Duke. Nice TD catch by Njoku.

Archived