THE BROWNS BOARD

Breshad Perriman

GuNNerGatSKi

Atom, Syd uses that avatar.   #12 is available.

------------

Hopefully, Perriman has a little something for us.  We could really use a good break at WR.  I think with this influx of WR's from all corners, we're going to see an uptick in INT's and penalties.  Receivers will be lined up incorrectly, run wrong / different routes, timing will be off...and I think Baker likes to try to throw a receiver open but he'll be hesitant with the new receiver(s).  We may continue to see sacks.  People will say he holds the ball too long.

We have got the worst friggin' luck with WR's.  We bring in guys and they turn to complete $#!+.  Britt had 1000+ yards the year before.  Coleman, who we hoped would take that big step forward in his third season, instead has gone through 3 teams since August and just landed on the practice squad of a 4th team.  Untrustworthy Gordon finally got too bizarre to continue with......and  viola!   We're counting on guys like Higgins, who we were none too sure about before TC.   After Higgins gets hurt we turn to undrafted Willies, who can't survive 5 days before getting hurt and on IR.  We have to depend heavily on 2 rookie WR's.....Callaway & Ratley.  -  warm fuzzies -  

Ratley looked pretty good in a one sided L. He showed toughness hanging on to a pass where he was taken out from his knees from the cover 2 safety. Besides his “drop” which was a catchable pass yes, just not the easiest play to make. His overall game was sharp imo, and if Callaway can eliminate the dropsies, the receivers will be just fine.

3 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Ratley looked pretty good in a one sided L. He showed toughness hanging on to a pass where he was taken out from his knees from the cover 2 safety. Besides his “drop” which was a catchable pass yes, just not the easiest play to make. His overall game was sharp imo, and if Callaway can eliminate the dropsies, the receivers will be just fine.

He had two touchdown drops. It's funny that nobody remembers the other one. Everyone remembers the flea-flicker drop, but you're right, that was an incredibly hard play to make. Still, it's a difficult pill to swallow when our guys can't make the amazing plays, yet the opposition is coming down with incredible catches in the same game. Ratley's OTHER touchdown drop appeared to be much easier, but he dropped it. It was later in the game on a deep post route. There was no deep safety and Ratley basically had a free ride to the end zone. Baker's pass was slightly high, but still very catchable. I can find video of the second TD drop if you don't remember. 

Even though Perriman was cut by the Ravens, and then cut again by Washington after only 4 short days, I find myself hoping he can contribute. You never know when it clicks for someone, and if it does, a WR threesome of Landry, Perriman, and Higgins/Callaway could be serviceable. 

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I can find video of the second TD drop if you don't remember. 

You never know when it clicks for someone, and if it does, a WR threesome of Landry, Perriman, and Higgins/Callaway could be serviceable. 

I’ll have to check the dvr when I get home, but I remember Callaway dropping a tightly contested one late in the game. 

It doesn’t matter tbh, I like the upside of out young WR crew. Perriman is basically a last option, I would imagine

3 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I’ll have to check the dvr when I get home, but I remember Callaway dropping a tightly contested one late in the game. 

It doesn’t matter tbh, I like the upside of out young WR crew. Perriman is basically a last option, I would imagine

On the video below, it's at the 8:30 mark. Last drive of the game. 

https://youtu.be/KNmG3w7Mwoc

24 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

On the video below, it's at the 8:30 mark. Last drive of the game. 

https://youtu.be/KNmG3w7Mwoc

the score was 38-14, with 2 minutes, the game was over.. he took his eye off it probably, to protect himself from injury which was the smart thing to do.

I was able to pick up Mayfield in Fantasy, I’m having a nightmare year since drafting Le’Veon, and trust me I’d like Ratley to have scored there, but I get it.

Imo, Bakers deeper passes don’t have the elite soft touch..... yet... I think some of the balls could use the smallest touch of air on them.

Archived