THE BROWNS BOARD

Breshad Perriman

GuNNerGatSKi

I certainly hope John Dorsey knows what he's doing (he's been pretty spot on so far, lol). We're feeling the pain of losing Josh Gordon, and there simply aren't a bunch of talented WRs hanging out on their couch this time of year. It's the reason why we're hearing fan speculation about crazy WR trades, whether it be Odell Beckham, Damarious Thomas, or whomever. Our offense needs "that guy" catching the ball, and more than likely we're going to have to wait until the season is over. Which is understandable, Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. Hopefully Perriman can help us, he'll certainly get a shot. Go Brownies! 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I certainly hope John Dorsey knows what he's doing (he's been pretty spot on so far, lol). We're feeling the pain of losing Josh Gordon, and there simply aren't a bunch of talented WRs hanging out on their couch this time of year. It's the reason why we're hearing fan speculation about crazy WR trades, whether it be Odell Beckham, Damarious Thomas, or whomever. Our offense needs "that guy" catching the ball, and more than likely we're going to have to wait until the season is over. Which is understandable, Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. Hopefully Perriman can help us, he'll certainly get a shot. Go Brownies! 

Let me be the first to say I felt absolutely no pain as the result of losing one Josh Gordon. 

I  call that emotion "relief".

Desperate team finds a Desperate player with a QB that can put it on him with his 4.25 speed..Stay tuned..Higgins may only need a week or 2.. 

16 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Desperate team finds a Desperate player with a QB that can put it on him with his 4.25 speed..Stay tuned..Higgins may only need a week or 2.. 

I have 42.5 speed and can't catch, do you think the decimal makes that big a difference?? 😎

32 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I have 42.5 speed and can't catch, do you think the decimal makes that big a difference?? 😎

Ravens took a dead cap hit in Perriman's pocket of 1.797Million dollars for this season..Dorsey paid him another $497 grand with 11 games left..let us all know when your first million come in;)

25 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Ravens took a dead cap hit in Perriman's pocket of 1.797Million dollars for this season..Dorsey paid him another $497 grand with 11 games left..let us all know when your first million come in;)

If nothing else low risk to bring him in and kick the tires..   For the guys who are panicking saying we need a trade for a big ticket big name wr, Dorsey is saving that money for next season. 

15 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Absolutely stupid signing unless they have grafted someone elses hands to his arms, Hell I am available for less than league minimum if they want someone who can't catch

🤣

😄  We might need you at TE if Njoku doesn't solve his dropsies some time soon.  Not to worry about Perriman; because Callaway is the starting WR in the designated dropsie/deep threat to both teams position.

I gotta laugh because once upon a time I thought Perriman would be an early round steal for someone.  Then former college All American WR turned NFL HOF TE and kickass GM (Ozzie Newsome) drafted him in round 1 and I thought I pegged him right (or at least the draft analysts/scouts I learned more about him pegged him right).   Good to see he's getting another audition.  I think early injuries put him behind from the get-go so we'll see if the change of scenery and a QB like Baker can change his fortunes. When we had a QB like Sipe - we not only resurrected a ho-hum career of Reggie Rucker but also got nice productivity out of 2 grey haired fellers named Calvin Hill and Paul Warfield on the back end of their careers.   He also got good productivity out of a tall target like Dave Logan as well.  The ONLY young superstar he had was TE Ozzie Newsome.  

11 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I'll take a Million $$s NOT to play, even though I am the fastest 71 y.o. player you'll ever see if they'll just sign me up (I have sub 2 sec. speed from the back to the front of a RB court....if allowed to push off the back wall with my R leg).🤩

When Joe Flacco is your QB your receiving stats will suck!!!  LOL!!!  If Perriman doesn't work out no biggie.  Cleveland doesn't lose anything.  But I agree let's see what Ratley can do today.

reason i brought him for is that i would not expect much from him this week or in the next few this is not like madden football (which some here seem to think it is) you just can't plug in and play a guy and expect awesome results

Hue said he looked big and fast during practice and also caught the ball well. Here's to hoping... 

I remember his Dad, Brett, well, catching passes from Vinnie T for Jimmy J at the U

Then a real nice meat of his career with the Lions

hi-res-6f95deb73e9084f7ab297eed670690dc_

In 1995 he caught 108 passes for 1,488 yards and 9TDs.

On the same team, Herman Morore caught 123 passes for 1,686 yards and 14 TDs and Barry Sanders rushed for 1,500 yards and 11 TDs...

So don't tell me there was no offense in the 90's and all of the offensive stats now are a product of rules changes ... There was plenty offense in Motown in the 90's ...

Z

--12 yards away from 1,500 yard triplets!

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

😁Ah, there's the rub!

LMAO!!

I also remember hearing Quincy Morgan killing it at practice, too.  HAHAHAHA

Archived