THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Last Week we told you Browns by four and they won by three over the Ratbirds making it a delicious double dip AFCN win, we are so good at picking the Browns that Vegas is asking us where to set the line. And speaking of double dips the girls have been trying on their Halloween outfits and Zoey is going as a Rabbit.

FB_IMG_1474269986559.jpg

Stay tuned for Cinnamon and Lisa's choices ...

We also nailed the Bungles over the Fey Phins, but missed on the Stillers as they put together one of their "good games" against the banged up Falcons. 75% is good ... but feeling 100% this week:

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati 1 PM, Sunday

We've all enjoyed the Steelers early struggles, but deep in our heart of hearts we know they are a better team than the Bungles. Which is fine, because a Black & Piss win tightens up the division for the Browns. Then once the game is decided, we need Vontaze Burfict to put a hit out on somebody. I choose Ben. STEELERS 30 BUNGLES 21

vontaze-burfict-sack-ben-roethlisberger-

Los Angeles Chargers at Cleveland, 1:00 PM, Sunday

Lots of blowout predictions by Browns fans this week, but I don't see that ... Chargers were my AFC Super Bowl pick, and they have only lost to two undefeated teams, Chiefs and Rams, and they are chock full of offensive weapons. Defensively though, they are banged up, and the Browns will get a break from having to stop Joey Bosa. Look for the Browns offense to continually develop each week with Baker Mayfield and this week you'll see a lot of underneath routes to Landry and Duke, while NoJokeU stretches the middle and Antonio Callaway hits the big dagger play. Best game yet for Chubb who takes over in the second half, and four sacks for Garrett and Co. BROWNS 34 CHARGERS 26

** If we DO go to overtime again, it will be Christian Kirksey playing the David Brandon role with the OT Pick Six...

53038d5c9fdfccf083ea3bb7e9984149.jpg

Baltimore at Tennessee, Sunday 4:25 PM

Ravens fans are the loudest motherfuckers in the room when their team is doing well or winning. Can't find the mofos when they lose. They remind me of a Southern team, like Atlanta or Carolina, where fans only come out when they are winning. Would love to trade them for Buffalo fans and Make The AFC North Tough Again ... Like the AFC Central. In the meantime, I think they are good enough to beat Tennessee ... AFC North standings should be looking badass come Monday morning. RAVENS 23 TITANS 16

Ravens vs. Titans = Gay

football-cleveland-browns-webster-slaugh

Browns vs. Oilers = Cool

v8GZd5_g1zBzIYHQrP3IG372870V6Ja9y4oQEEw_

Browns vs the Oilers.. Man those were some exciting games.. Dan Pastorini, Earl Camphell.. Bum Phillips.. great coach and funnier than hell... That would be Wade Phillips dad I believe...Warren Moon was a hell of a QB for the Oilers... Alonzo Highsmith and Mike Rozier were really talented backs.. yes.. the same Alonzo Highsmith in the Browns scouting dept. I'll never forget "Strock Around the Clock" great stuffs...

52 minutes ago, nickers said:

Browns vs the Oilers.. Man those were some exciting games.. Dan Pastorini, Earl Camphell.. Bum Phillips.. great coach and funnier than hell... That would be Wade Phillips dad I believe...Warren Moon was a hell of a QB for the Oilers... Alonzo Highsmith and Mike Rozier were really talented backs.. yes.. the same Alonzo Highsmith in the Browns scouting dept. I'll never forget "Strock Around the Clock" great stuffs...

The Oilers and that Run n' Shoot were a worthy opponent for the Late 80's Browns, those were some good games!

image.png

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

The Oilers and that Run n' Shoot were a worthy opponent for the Late 80's Browns, those were some good games!

Was that the June Jones run & shoot......who went on to the U of Houston and Hawai'i with his Top Gun stuff lighting up the scoreboard?

18 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Was that the June Jones run & shoot......who went on to the U of Houston and Hawai'i with his Top Gun stuff lighting up the scoreboard?

Not sure if he was on the staff, but this was the Jerry Glanville era, followed by the Jack Pardee era.

Remember when Buddy Ryan and Kevin Gillbride got in a fight on the sideline ... that was good stuff!

Franco Harris never bothered me till this bad mo'fo came to town..notice.. not a clip against the browns.. 

that was one bad a$$ bull dozier.. Clay Matthews should be in the HOF just for solo tackling this guy for years..

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I think Mouse Davis invented the run and shoot.. Not June Jones...

3 hours ago, nickers said:

I think Mouse Davis invented the run and shoot.. Not June Jones...

Just checking June Jones background, he's currently HC with the Hamilton Tiger Cats.

Jones played the quarterback position on three college teams: Oregon (1971–1972), Hawaii (1973–1974), and Portland State (1975–1976). It is during his time at Portland State that he was introduced to the run and shoot offense by Mouse Davis. It would be an offense that he would later champion throughout his coaching career.

His two seasons at Portland State resulted in totals of 5,798 yards passing with 50 TD against 20 INT. He became the first quarterback to give the run and shoot legitimacy as a quarterback friendly offense. In the years prior, Portland State very rarely had success throwing the ball.

In 1983, Jones started his coaching career as a graduate assistant under finger Tomey at the University of Hawaii. He then spent two years in the USFL, first as the wide receivers coach for the Houston Gamblers (1984), then as the offensive coordinator for the Denver Gold (1985). Following the demise of the USFL, Jones spent the 1986 season working as an offensive assistant for the Ottawa Rough Riders of the CFL. In 1987, he got his first NFL coaching position serving as the quarterbacks coach on Jerry Glanville's staff with the Houston Oilers. After Glanville was released by the Oilers, he would join the Detroit Lions coaching staff upon the recommendation of Mouse Davis, his college head coach at Portland State who was serving as the team's offensive coordinator........

Well my week 6 six pack......

CLE +1 wins and covers, CIN -1 over pit, TEN +2' over bal

-and-  CHI -3,  JAX -2' and NYJ -2'.   SO there you go.......

9 hours ago, Zombo said:

image.png

That highlighted game was the last game here for Marty SchottenheimerThat highlighted game was the last game here for Marty Schottenheime

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That highlighted game was the last game here for Marty SchottenheimerThat highlighted game was the last game here for Marty Schottenheime

My first Browns game was Shottenheimer's first game as Browns head coach. He took over halfway through the '84 season, it was a close loss to the Saints. 

Bad week last made treading water look desirable...

At this rate I'm going to need a snorkel.

image.png.696936805a9890b06f26dc0f1a91ad7a.png

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati (-1.0) - Sun 10/14 12:00 PM

CIN opened a 3-point fav. Vegas had to drop the line to attract more money to the CIN side. Since I was willing to give the 3, I love it.

PTG seemed to awake offensively last week, but CIN's D is underrated while ATL's is overrated. And this one is in the jungle...

I see a shoot out on the Ohio River...

Prediction: CIN 37 PTG 33

Baltimore @ Tennessee (+2.5) - Sun 10/14 03:25 PM

Game really comes down to which Mariotta shows up... I don't think it's the "good one". Plus Flacco and his "O" have to be pissed after last week.

Take BLT in a whoopin'...

Prediction: BLT 34 TN 13

Los Angeles (LAC) @ Cleveland (even) - Sun 10/14 12:00 PM

LAC is gonna remember being "the one" in our 1-31. CLE is going to remember last week. Take the shorter term memory.

Looks like great football weather and a defensive struggle.

Prediction: CLE 16 LAC 13

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm going out on a limb. Our FG kicker misses the game tying FG that would have sent it to overtime. 

Chargers 24...............Browns 21

Anyone have a saw I can borrow?

Just now, Tour2ma said:

Anyone have a saw I can borrow?

I'll lend you my chain saw and a ladder! BROWNS win dammit and on a victory kneel down.......

........Bernie Kosar's favorite play, ended practices with it.

well, pittspuke has given up the 2nd most fantasy points to the qb position. With Baker Mayfield, Russel Wilson and Dalton as my qb's...I'm goin with Dalton. Chargers give up 10th most, and Oakland gives up 15th most.

So, I may be wrong, but I have to stick to it.

On 10/12/2018 at 1:45 PM, gumby73 said:

Franco Harris never bothered me till this bad mo'fo came to town..notice.. not a clip against the browns.. 

that was one bad a$$ bull dozier.. Clay Matthews should be in the HOF just for solo tackling this guy for years..

Closest runner to Jim Brown the NFL has ever had. Best RB after Jim.

The underneath routes that

On 10/12/2018 at 11:25 AM, Zombo said:

Last Week we told you Browns by four and they won by three over the Ratbirds making it a delicious double dip AFCN win, we are so good at picking the Browns that Vegas is asking us where to set the line. And speaking of double dips the girls have been trying on their Halloween outfits and Zoey is going as a Rabbit.

FB_IMG_1474269986559.jpg

Stay tuned for Cinnamon and Lisa's choices ...

We also nailed the Bungles over the Fey Phins, but missed on the Stillers as they put together one of their "good games" against the banged up Falcons. 75% is good ... but feeling 100% this week:

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati 1 PM, Sunday

We've all enjoyed the Steelers early struggles, but deep in our heart of hearts we know they are a better team than the Bungles. Which is fine, because a Black & Piss win tightens up the division for the Browns. Then once the game is decided, we need Vontaze Burfict to put a hit out on somebody. I choose Ben. STEELERS 30 BUNGLES 21

vontaze-burfict-sack-ben-roethlisberger-

Los Angeles Chargers at Cleveland, 1:00 PM, Sunday

Lots of blowout predictions by Browns fans this week, but I don't see that ... Chargers were my AFC Super Bowl pick, and they have only lost to two undefeated teams, Chiefs and Rams, and they are chock full of offensive weapons. Defensively though, they are banged up, and the Browns will get a break from having to stop Joey Bosa. Look for the Browns offense to continually develop each week with Baker Mayfield and this week you'll see a lot of underneath routes to Landry and Duke, while NoJokeU stretches the middle and Antonio Callaway hits the big dagger play. Best game yet for Chubb who takes over in the second half, and four sacks for Garrett and Co. BROWNS 34 CHARGERS 26

** If we DO go to overtime again, it will be Christian Kirksey playing the David Brandon role with the OT Pick Six...

53038d5c9fdfccf083ea3bb7e9984149.jpg

Baltimore at Tennessee, Sunday 4:25 PM

Ravens fans are the loudest motherShmuckers in the room when their team is doing well or winning. Can't find the mofos when they lose. They remind me of a Southern team, like Atlanta or Carolina, where fans only come out when they are winning. Would love to trade them for Buffalo fans and Make The AFC North Tough Again ... Like the AFC Central. In the meantime, I think they are good enough to beat Tennessee ... AFC North standings should be looking badass come Monday morning. RAVENS 23 TITANS 16

Ravens vs. Titans = Gay

football-cleveland-browns-webster-slaugh

Browns vs. Oilers = Cool

v8GZd5_g1zBzIYHQrP3IG372870V6Ja9y4oQEEw_

Our inability to properly utilize Duke Johnson especially with rookie QBs (giving them nice outlet plays) hasn't improved with Haley. Once again we're asking a rookie QB  to bomb it down the field or handoff on every play. The short routes are nearly always checkdowns, they need to make them primary reads to help the kid out.

1 hour ago, MDDawg said:

Our inability to properly utilize Duke Johnson...

If he's not in the WR room this week, he never will be.

Archived