THE BROWNS BOARD

TV. Watch or avoid?

• 3 weeks later...

Remember my friend where there was a time with only three channels and quality TV? Now there are over 5,000 channels that are not named really ABC, CBS, NBC, or Fox even. But they are more quantity not quality. There is a difference. Trash TV, mean spirited TV, sad to fine. But really only watch news and NFL.

On 10/30/2018 at 8:41 PM, JPPT1974 said:

Remember my friend where there was a time with only three channels and quality TV? Now there are over 5,000 channels that are not named really ABC, CBS, NBC, or Fox even. But they are more quantity not quality. There is a difference. Trash TV, mean spirited TV, sad to fine. But really only watch news and NFL.

Trivia question. Where was the character Buzz (George Maharis) raised from the series Route 66? (Maharis just turned 90 in Sept).

17 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Trivia question. Where was the character Buzz (George Maharis) raised from the series Route 66? (Maharis just turned 90 in Sept).

You mean as in like where did he grow up?  Go to high school?  I don't know....  I think one of the characters was from Texas.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

You mean as in like where did he grow up?  Go to high school?  I don't know....  I think one of the characters was from Texas.

He was in a boys home located in Hell's Kitchen in Manhattan. He was the tough guy character whose friend (Martin Milner played that one) was a preppy whose father died suddenly leaving him the Corvette they used to travel around the country. They looked for jobs to support their wandering lifestyle.

On 11/5/2018 at 11:31 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

He was in a boys home located in Hell's Kitchen in Manhattan. He was the tough guy character whose friend (Martin Milner played that one) was a preppy whose father died suddenly leaving him the Corvette they used to travel around the country. They looked for jobs to support their wandering lifestyle.

I believe the whole series was roughly based on Jack Kerouac's  On the Road.

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I believe the whole series was roughly based on Jack Kerouac's  On the Road.

And here I thought it was based on two bums with a '62 Corvette. 🤗 And did you know Martin Milner beat out Robert Redford for the role of Bud?

41 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And here I thought it was based on two bums with a '62 Corvette. 🤗 And did you know Martin Milner beat out Robert Redford for the role of Bud?

It was based on two bums with a '62 Corvette......and it was based on Kerouac's On the Road.    They just updated the vehicle from Kerouac's  1949 Hudson:

https://www.kerouac.com/49-hudson-arrives/

8 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

Hel*'s Kitchen in NY!

JPPT-Love your avatar!! On behalf of myself and my fellow veterans on the BB, thank you very much. Are you a veteran as well?😄

BTW-100 years ago this month my grandfather returned from WW I where he served as commander of a tractor towed 8" howitzer battery at the battle of the Saint-Mihiel Salient and the Meuse-Argonne Offensive, both near Verdun.

No but I have a father who served in the Air Force. Two young 20-year old nephews who are serving in the Air Force. One is overseas until Christmas time. As well as a late maternal grandfather who was in the Philippines in WWII the Greatest Generation ever. 

Thank you my friend. God bless!

On 10/30/2018 at 9:41 PM, JPPT1974 said:

remember when the TV's were only in black and white?...and grays....

Archived