THE BROWNS BOARD

2019 Free agents

Clevfan4life

anyone on the lists that sime if u would like the browns to look at?

1. Khalil Mack, Oakland Raiders
2. Demarcus Lawrence, Dallas Cowboys
3. Frank Clark, Seattle Seahawks
4. Ezekiel Ansah, Detroit Lions
5. Brandon Graham, Philadelphia Eagles

i see Damarcus Lawrence as a possibility. Obviously mack is spoken for now. Dint know much about Clark, doubt Graham would leave Philly...but he's a bit undersized anyway. Ansah intrigues me. Liked him when he came out a few years ago but we were runnin the 3-4. 

1. Odell Beckham Jr., New York Giants
2. Brandin Cooks, Los Angeles Rams
3. Stefon Diggs, Minnesota Vikings
4. Golden Tate, Detroit Lions
5. Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals

i guess the giants might be lookin for a QB....if they dont get one in draft or FA maybe odell would consider leaving especially if Baker continues to improve. Not sure if we could afford him or not...he'll prob ask astronomical money. Cooks aint leavin LA so what do u all think about diggs or tate? are they burners or more of what we already have?

Very search friendly data base here: https://overthecap.com/free-agency

I could see us adding a big, strong WR thru FA, e.g., NYJ's Quincy Enunwa (6'2, 225), but I don't see us adding a "name" WR.

OT is an area I can see us being active.

• OAK's TJ Clemmings is one name that caught my eye. I liked him coming out of Pitt, but he's yet to reach his potential in the Pros.
  • Ja'Wuan James (MIA) is another. He's more established and would be more expensive, but he's a strong RT.

DT is an area where we can add to our rotation. Job one will be resigning Coley, but he's an ERFA, so should not be an issue. Of the UFAs these names stand out to me: Grady Jarrett (ATL), Jonathan Hankins (OAK) and Caraun Reid (DAL).

DE? Again, if we think we are a player away from contending for it all, then a splash signing of a Lawrence or Ansah or Cam Wake could be in the cards, but there are lesser names that could add value to our rotation.

• Former Bengal, Margus Hunt is having a very good year with the Colts.
  • Alex Okafor (NO) will be hard for the Saints to resign due to the cap.
  • However, the name that intrigues me was listed in the OP... Frank Clark. Unfortunately SEA will have a lot of cap room.

36 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I could see us adding a big, strong WR thru FA, e.g., NYJ's Quincy Enunwa (6'2, 225), but I don't see us adding a "name" WR.

• OAK's TJ Clemmings is one name that caught my eye. I liked him coming out of Pitt, but he's yet to reach his potential in the Pros.
  • Ja'Wuan James (MIA) is another. He's more established and would be more expensive, but he's a strong RT.

DT is an area where we can add to our rotation. Job one will be resigning Coley, but he's an ERFA, so should not be an issue. Of the UFAs these names stand out to me: Grady Jarrett (ATL), Jonathan Hankins (OAK) and Caraun Reid (DAL).

DE? Again, if we think we are a player away from contending for it all, then a splash signing of a Lawrence or Ansah or Cam Wake could be in the cards, but there are lesser names that could add value to our rotation.

• Former Bengal, Margus Hunt is having a very good year with the Colts.
  • Alex Okafor (NO) will be hard for the Saints to resign due to the cap.
  • However, the name that intrigues me was listed in the OP... Frank Clark. Unfortunately SEA will have a lot of cap room.

Your mention of resigning Coley interests me. What about him strikes you as a resign candidate? Depth? He strikes me as a space eater but not problem creator type player, unlike Ogunjobi who creates problems. 

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

• Former Bengal, Margus Hunt is having a very good year with the Colts
  • However, the name that intrigues me was listed in the OP... Frank Clark.

1) Ansah could be had for a decent price. Not cheap, but nowhere near what lawrence would add. Only issue with lawrence is he's a RDE isnr he? 

2) margus hunt? holy sht i didnt even realize he was still in the league. So he's playing well is he?

11 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

anyone on the lists that sime if u would like the browns to look at?

1. Khalil Mack, Oakland Raiders
2. Demarcus Lawrence, Dallas Cowboys
3. Frank Clark, Seattle Seahawks
4. Ezekiel Ansah, Detroit Lions
5. Brandon Graham, Philadelphia Eagles

i see Damarcus Lawrence as a possibility. Obviously mack is spoken for now. Dint know much about Clark, doubt Graham would leave Philly...but he's a bit undersized anyway. Ansah intrigues me. Liked him when he came out a few years ago but we were runnin the 3-4. 

Didn't read any of this past the first name.   Can't take any list seriously when the first entry is wrong.

It's also October and we're 2-2-1 and still have playoff hopes.  How about enjoy the current season.  The first one in like a hundred years where the Browns are still relevant in the middle of October and we can worry about offseason needs and draft picks in the actual offseason instead of in the middle of the season for once.

#92 is an animal. Dude is the perfect LDE. I didbt realize this dude was still playing, i didnt recall him doing much in cincy. But holy crap he looks like #99 in houston comingnoff the edge.....i mean seriously not far off. He's in wentz face routinely coming from the LDE, they're having to.double him. Pure power edge.

If cincy would do it id trade them ogbah and a later round pick for margus right now. 

Archived