THE BROWNS BOARD

Potential trades

Louisville Slugger

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll say this to the guys who are wanting a trade.   After that stinking performance today, care to rethink you position?  We got totally outplayed. It wouldn't matter- and you can name me any WR you think we can get, that the Browns are all of a sudden a playoff team? Save the draft picks for 2019. 

Hear hear. How anyone can suggest a trade for Larry Fitzgerald is erm, a head scratcher.

9 hours ago, Realplayer said:

Browns got plenty of picks. Based on Dorsey's moves so far he isn't going to overpay for someone. If someone like Cooper could be had for a 5th do it. 

Regarding Cooper, he has a fifth year option on his rookie deal for $13 million. Yeah some guys say it's only money. 

1 hour ago, Babernakle said:

I would say an investment in jugg machines would be a great ideal. Is Calvin Johnson still under Detroit contract Maybe give him a call

If you watched Hard Knocks, the Browns already have said machine...   

11 minutes ago, Bigalow80 said:

Honestly, at this point, I think it's worth signing Dez. He's got attitude and swagger and can at least challenge the rookies. The only WR trade target out there would be OBJ, but that's too rich for this season. Cooper is no better than the rookies. 

While I disagree that Cooper is NO better, I do agree about Dez. My only concern is how Dez gets along with someone like Jarvis. Two strong personalities that might not coexist come struggle road. We DO need WR help and there's no denying it. Multiple analysts saying there was nobody open too many times, which resulted in some of the sacks. Not having quality receivers actually risks the health of our prize QB. 

I'll say it again, we need to find a way to score early in the game. We need impact plays from Myles Garrett. We've got serious offensive problems right now. We don't score well in the red zone. We don't hit the big pass plays for a variety of reasons. We've scored 12 and 14 points the past two weeks, and obviously that's not going to be consistently good enough to win. We're playing the absolute worst defense in the universe next week that gives up an astounding 79% completion rate to qb's. You'd like to think our WRs will be more open, but they're rookies for the most part, and there's no telling what we'll get from them. Hopefully we'll see Duke lined up at slot, which I don't believe we saw much yesterday. Lots of problems, but hopefully we'll get them worked on. 

3 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

Honestly, at this point, I think it's worth signing Dez. He's got attitude and swagger and can at least challenge the rookies. The only WR trade target out there would be OBJ, but that's too rich for this season. Cooper is no better than the rookies. 

Attitude and swagger doesn’t score points. Cooper is light years better than our current rookies. I’m with you on OBJ but he’s literally untraceable due to the dead money the Giants way, $20M

On 10/15/2018 at 12:24 PM, hoorta said:

Regarding Cooper, he has a fifth year option on his rookie deal for $13 million. Yeah some guys say it's only money. 

If you watched Hard Knocks, the Browns already have said machine...   

Browns will have over 80 mil next offseason and that's before possible cuts of big contract guys like Collins.

On 10/15/2018 at 5:21 PM, Bigalow80 said:

As a desperation sign maybe he's probably always going to be a distraction in the locker room and headcase.

So was getting rid of Flash Gordon still the right move........ahhhhh, injuries the great equalizer in pro football.

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

As a desperation sign maybe he's probably always going to be a distraction in the locker room and headcase.

So was getting rid of Flash Gordon still the right move........ahhhhh, injuries the great equalizer in pro football.

Yes. 

It was obvious Gordon wanted nothing to do with playing with the Browns. 

I just don't understand the love for Gordon that some on this board cannot give up.

If your wife screwed around on you with 5 other guys, would you give her another chance?......Some of you probably would, but then, she ALSO has potential! 🙄

Mike

19 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I just don't understand the love for Gordon that some on this board cannot give up.

If your wife screwed around on you with 5 other guys, would you give her another chance?......Some of you probably would, but then, she ALSO has potential! 🙄

Mike

It's a football fan's version of Stockholm Syndrome. 

25 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

All at the same time?All at the same time

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

Your comparison is almost accurate, but this example is more on par. 

"If your girlfriend screwed around on you on five times, but was really hot, would you take her back if you were deserted on a desolate island with no other women except really fat lesbians that hated men?" 

The answer is yes. Yes you'd take her back. 

8 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Your comparison is almost accurate, but this example is more on par. 

"If your girlfriend screwed around on you on five times, but was really hot, would you take her back if you were deserted on a desolate island with no other women except really fat lesbians that hated men?" 

The answer is yes. Yes you'd take her back. 

Not really- depending on how old you are. You just might have told her to get out of your sight, and see what the lesbians are up to. When\if you ever have friends\relatives that went through a nasty divorce, you'd understand.  

19 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Not really- depending on how old you are. You just might have told her to get out of your sight, and see what the lesbians are up to. When\if you ever have friends\relatives that went through a nasty divorce, you'd understand.  

Do they make divorces any other way? 😉

21 minutes ago, blitzz2 said:

dIdn't they bring Rishard Matthews in for a workout, and if so what happened with that?

They passed on him.

I don't know why I have a good feeling about Breshad Perriman ... but I do.

Z

Archived