THE BROWNS BOARD

Potential trades

Louisville Slugger

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

You're dam right Cooper is worth a first.  WRs who don't get open. Remember last year? Not getting open? Obviously Kizer had many other issues, but that didn't help. 

I'll say it again- you are out of your ever loving mind if you think ANY team (not just the Browns ) is going to offer anything close to a first round pick for Cooper. Fortunately Dorsey is running the Browns- not you. 

Care to bet? I'll even go this far. If Cooper gets traded- third round or better- $20 bucks, you get paid, no bet required. Fourth- $100 owe me $100, lower than that pay up $1,000. 

In case you didn't notice last year our guys were open- Kizer couldn't hit the broadside of a barn however.  LOL, let's bring back hands of stone Coleman- who couldn't catch the ball when it hit him between the numbers.

Yeah- maybe while were at it- the 1-4 Falcons will trade us Julio Jones . Super Bowl here we come.  :D :D :D  Sorry if I don't live in some fantasy football world making imaginary trades that have no basis in reality. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll say it again- you are out of your ever loving mind if you think ANY team (not just the Browns ) is going to offer anything close to a first round pick for Cooper. Fortunately Dorsey is running the Browns- not you. 

Care to bet? I'll even go this far. If Cooper gets traded- third round or better- $20 bucks, you get paid, no bet required. Fourth- $100 owe me $100, lower than that pay up $1,000. 

In case you didn't notice last year our guys were open- Kizer couldn't hit the broadside of a barn however.  LOL, let's bring back hands of stone Coleman- who couldn't catch the ball when it hit him between the numbers.

Yeah- maybe while were at it- the 1-4 Falcons will trade us Julio Jones . Super Bowl here we come.  :D :D :D  Sorry if I don't live in some fantasy football world making imaginary trades that have no basis in reality. 

I'll give you that our guys were at times open and Kizer missed them frequently. Higgins comes to mind more than anyone, as he could've easily had 3 more TDs with an accurate QB. 

But....do you not remember the period of time after Corey got hurt and we literally had the bozo incorporated wide receiver group? The Browns Daily Show would talk over and over about how our guys couldn't consistently get open, and especially how our receivers couldn't shake off press coverage. Do you really not remember that? It was a storyline for virtually the entire year, basically until Josh came back week 11. 

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

I dont think its crazy to think the Falcons would trade Julio. They just spent a high pick on Ridley and Sanu is playing really well. They may decide their offense is good enough to move on without him. If we offer them a 1st I bet they jump on it.

2 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I dont think its crazy to think the Falcons would trade Julio. They just spent a high pick on Ridley and Sanu is playing really well. They may decide their offense is good enough to move on without him. If we offer them a 1st I bet they jump on it.

Maybe we could just trade Phil Taylor to them for Julio...

Oh... wait... 

29 minutes ago, hoorta said:

OK, we signed Breshard Perriman- please just stop the fantasy trade rumors. And cut the Dez Bryant crap while you're at it.... 

Our active WRs are Landry, Callaway, Streater, Ratley, and now Perriman. We are in desperate need for a WR and the trade deadline is right around the corner. It would be stupid not to make a move

5 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Our active WRs are Landry, Callaway, Streater, Ratley, and now Perriman. We are in desperate need for a WR and the trade deadline is right around the corner. It would be stupid not to make a move

We just made a move. Stop it. 

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

We just made a move. Stop it. 

Right, we made a move, but it's a move for a first round bust. Heck, Corey Coleman's career is virtually Hall of Fame compared to Perriman. I don't think it's stupid to make a move before the trade deadline. Maybe not the "fantasy trade" type of move involving probowl WRs, but I wouldn't be against finding another receiver. And don't forget, the Browns have the absolute worst percentage of drops in the league. We signed Perriman who had a ridiculously high drop rate. I'm not sure adding him is the final move we make to the WR corp. 

Right now we need guys who can catch the rock consistently. We can't lead the league in drops and expect to string together wins. And it seems like our drops always show up on 3rd down, which are effectively turnovers. Let's go!! 

On 10/12/2018 at 1:01 PM, Zombo said:

Everyone is over-reacting to the drops.

It is still a small sample size and they are getting used to a new Qb. Baker's balls get up on you quick. (Sorry that sounded gay).

We're developing Callaway,  Willies and Ratley.

Higgins is a sure-handed, smooth route runner.

We like our tight ends, we have a great third down receiving back.

I don't see a free agent WR in this team's future. Depending on how well these three rookies develop they may hit up the draft again, but I think you'll all be singing a different song at the end of the Season, the Browns like their young receiving talent.

Z

Well said about the drops. People still sleeping on Njoku will be proved very wrong 

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Right, we made a move, but it's a move for a first round bust. Heck, Corey Coleman's career is virtually Hall of Fame compared to Perriman. I don't think it's stupid to make a move before the trade deadline. Maybe not the "fantasy trade" type of move involving probowl WRs, but I wouldn't be against finding another receiver. And don't forget, the Browns have the absolute worst percentage of drops in the league. We signed Perriman who had a ridiculously high drop rate. I'm not sure adding him is the final move we make to the WR corp. 

Right now we need guys who can catch the rock consistently. We can't lead the league in drops and expect to string together wins. And it seems like our drops always show up on 3rd down, which are effectively turnovers. Let's go!! 

It was pointed out- and I did the math. In a game where Baker has 50 attempts, were averaging one more drop per game than the very best in the league. Statistically insignificant. People are whining because that one drop came at a bad time. 

51 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It was pointed out- and I did the math. In a game where Baker has 50 attempts, were averaging one more drop per game than the very best in the league. Statistically insignificant. People are whining because that one drop came at a bad time. 

For the year we have the highest percentage of passes dropped, by a full percentage point. As stated on Browns Daily last week. We just need to catch the ball better.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Raiders apparently have WR Amari Cooper on the trading block. 

I have him as a bench guy on my FL, big potential, eh performer.

On 10/12/2018 at 2:53 AM, hoorta said:

Sorry, but it's not all about "this year". 0-16 to the playoffs? Start dreaming that if we win the next two games. The big window opens up next year assuming Dorsey hits the next draft out of the park too. A 30 yo wr isn't the long term future. 

If we were thinking playoffs this year, pretty sure we would have sucked it up and dealt with Gordon's garbage for another year- or brought in Dez Bryant. 

PS- I'll play along with your playoff dream.   7-4 (at worst) and 8-3 (better odds) the rest of the way out. Sweep the division- and BTW, play the Steelers on the road coming off a bye. 

I'm thinking we win no more games this year after this piss poor performance today.

5 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I'm thinking we win no more games this year after this piss poor performance today.

I'm not so sure of that. Baker had the sort of game you'd expect a rookie qb to have, worst by far. Held onto the ball way too long trying to make a play. The D had no answer for the Chargers power sweeps. Plus one of their TDs, give the guy credit- he made a great play, can't fault the defense for that score...  

I'll say this to the guys who are wanting a trade.   After that stinking performance today, care to rethink you position?  We got totally outplayed. It wouldn't matter- and you can name me any WR you think we can get, that the Browns are all of a sudden a playoff team? Save the draft picks for 2019. 

12 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'll say this to the guys who are wanting a trade.   After that stinking performance today, care to rethink you position?  We got totally outplayed. It wouldn't matter- and you can name me any WR you think we can get, that the Browns are all of a sudden a playoff team? Save the draft picks for 2019. 

Josh Gordon?

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

This is not a playoff team.

We've enjoyed the first five games, but this team isn't there yet. There's more work to be done. 

This was a rough loss, but we were due a stinker. The important thing is for the Browns to identify their problems and learn from it. 

The Chargers are a legit AFC contender. 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Browns got plenty of picks. Based on Dorsey's moves so far he isn't going to overpay for someone. If someone like Cooper could be had for a 5th do it. 

7 hours ago, jcam222 said:

We could have been coached better Ill give you that, we could have also not dropped like 3 TD's

Was Mayfield playing injured or not, have not seen anything on this.

Archived