THE BROWNS BOARD

Saudi Arabia Assassination

OldBrownsFan

Pretty obvious the Saudi's assassinated this journalist. He is shown entering the Saudi embassy in Turkey while his Fiance waits for him outside and he doesn't come back out. It also looks like after he entered the embassy the Saudi's sent a hit squad to Turkey to take him out:

Jamal Khashoggi: Saudi journalist ‘cut up with bone saw in Pulp Fiction murder at consulate in Istanbul'

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/jamal-khashoggi-saudi-journalist-cut-up-with-bone-saw-in-pulp-fiction-murder-inside-consulate-in-a3958256.html

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one of the things that has irritated me most about trump was his willingness to cozy up to the saudi's with the only reason i could discern was that the saudi's opposed expansion of iranian influence in the middle east. So he sold em a sht ton of american arms. 

The saudi's, who are behind 9/11 and quite possibly fed isis american weapons......biggest pos's in the entire middle east.

it honestly makes me greatful that putin said uh uh nope,  to his boy in syria leaving. 

This story is crazy. I hope Trump pushes these assholes on it. While he's been less aggressive with the Saudis than I hoped, he is still questioning why we're subsidizing their military in this article from a week ago. The neocon view on Iran is one of the things that irks me about the Trump presidency.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/donald-trump-complains-us-subsidising-military-of-wealthy-countries-like-saudi-arabia-japan-1924495

4 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

This story is crazy. I hope Trump pushes these assholes on it. While he's been less aggressive with the Saudis than I hoped, he is still questioning why we're subsidizing their military in this article from a week ago. The neocon view on Iran is one of the things that irks me about the Trump presidency.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/donald-trump-complains-us-subsidising-military-of-wealthy-countries-like-saudi-arabia-japan-1924495

I don't understand "the neocon view on Iran".

I do believe, mistaken that it is, that we have been in the process of buying influence. It's stupid - but I think past admins invest in influence, because if they don't, they are concerned that the russians/chinese will step in and have that influence over certain countries instead. and influence their votes in the U.N, for example.

Just a guess on my part...

Obama, in an awkward twist, becomes Saudi Arabia's defender - Politico

Sep 22, 2016 - President Barack Obama pauses to greet people on the tarmac at King Khalid International Airport in Saudi Arabia on April 21. | AP Photo.

Saudis gave Obama aides jewels worth thousands, ex-adviser says ...

Jun 4, 2018 - Obama with Saudi king Abdullah in Riyadh in June 2009. ... After landing in Saudi Arabia in June 2009, Rhodes writes, US officials were taken ...

Obama administration arms sales offers to Saudi top $115 billion ...

Sep 7, 2016 - U.S. President Barack Obama's administration has offered Saudi Arabia more than $115 billion in weapons, other military equipment and ...

Obama criticises decision by lawmakers to issue first veto override of presidency. ... Senate rejects Obama veto of Saudi Arabia 9/11 bill.

Saudi Arabia's Richest Man With Ties to Barack Obama Thrown in Jail ...

Jan 13, 2018 - Saudi Arabia's richest man was thrown in prison earlier this week after spending more than two months on lockdown at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in ...

Saudi government gave Obama aides 'suitcases full of jewels', says ex ...

Jun 5, 2018 - Saudi Arabia gave White House aides jewellery worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in large suitcases, according to Ben Rhodes, former ...

In the early 80's I was TDY in Saudi Arabia three different times. 2-month TDY's and the only upside was the $2500 cash in travel pay when we got back to the States. Downsides included no alcohol for two months and having to deal with Saudi Arabian society. The Wahabbi sect are hard-core Islamists who made no effort to hide their hostility to Americans. The religious police who dressed in black and carried staffs/clubs were a particular joy. In public they would literally spit at Americans in contempt. U.S. servicemen were under strict orders to be subservient and kiss SA butt at all times. And this was when Reagan was President.

You know that there is some serious cash changing hands when 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia and we retaliated by invading Iraq.

I once read an insider account of a meeting with then-CIA Director Leon Panetta and an official from the State Dept. The official from State referred to Saudi Arabia as "one of our closest allies" and Panetta told him 'if you truly consider Saudi Arabia as one of our closest allies then I humbly suggest that you immediately resign your position.'

Saudi are scum.  I supposed in the past it was for oil.  But now we produce just as much if not more oil than they do.  So Shmuck em.  Well, not quite but close.

Country Oil Production
(bbl/day, 2016)[1]
Oil Production per capita
(bbl/day/ million people, 2016)[5]
- World Production 80,622,000 10,798
01 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Russia 10,551,497 73,292
02 23px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png Saudi Arabia (OPEC) 10,460,710 324,866
03 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States 8,875,817 27,549
04 23px-Flag_of_Iraq.svg.png Iraq (OPEC) 4,451,516 119,664
05 23px-Flag_of_Iran.svg.png Iran (OPEC) 3,990,956 49,714
06 23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_ China 3,980,650 2,836
07 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada 3,662,694 100,931
08 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates.sv United Arab Emirates (OPEC) 3,106,077 335,103
09 23px-Flag_of_Kuwait.svg.png Kuwait (OPEC) 2,923,825 721,575

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Saudi are scum.  I supposed in the past it was for oil.  But now we produce just as much if not more oil than they do.  So Shmuck em.  Well, not quite but close.

Country Oil Production
(bbl/day, 2016)[1]
Oil Production per capita
(bbl/day/ million people, 2016)[5]
- World Production 80,622,000 10,798
01 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Russia 10,551,497 73,292
02 23px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png Saudi Arabia (OPEC) 10,460,710 324,866
03 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States 8,875,817 27,549
04 23px-Flag_of_Iraq.svg.png Iraq (OPEC) 4,451,516 119,664
05 23px-Flag_of_Iran.svg.png Iran (OPEC) 3,990,956 49,714
06 23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_ China 3,980,650 2,836
07 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada 3,662,694 100,931
08 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates.sv United Arab Emirates (OPEC) 3,106,077 335,103
09 23px-Flag_of_Kuwait.svg.png Kuwait (OPEC) 2,923,825 721,575

I really wish we would cut that tether. Saudis are wahhabis which happen to be the nuttiest of the Islamic sects. But I think US presidents will continue to smooch their asses. 

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

right, obama did it too i make no bones about that. I dont fukking get it, are we that tied to their oil still?

The world is. And it's a tightrope Act because the royal family really needs us and are probably a lot more scared of the radical jihadis. Just dangerous for both sides to get too chummy in public.

WSS

I think there is some truth to the old saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" but the actions of the Saudi's have put us in a box with no good options. We can cancel the billions of dollars of arms sales to the Saudi's but who is that going to hurt? it will hurt American factories and workers and the Saudi's will just give China or Russia the billions of dollars in sales. Something has to be done but do we do it in a way we cut off our nose to spite our face? Saudi Arabia cannot be allowed to escape punishment though for such a flagrant murder in it's own embassy no less. The Saudi's who carried out this murder have to be punished and it is hard to believe this did not take place without orders from on high.

2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I think there is some truth to the old saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" but the actions of the Saudi's have put us in a box with no good options. We can cancel the billions of dollars of arms sales to the Saudi's but who is that going to hurt? it will hurt American factories and workers and the Saudi's will just give China or Russia the billions of dollars in sales. Something has to be done but do we do it in a way we cut off our nose to spite our face? Saudi Arabia cannot be allowed to escape punishment though for such a flagrant murder in it's own embassy no less. The Saudi's who carried out this murder have to be punished and it is hard to believe this did not take place without orders from on high.

It's clear to me that nothing is going to be done. Trump has already demonstrated he has no issues working with authoritarian leaders. 50% of his campaign is on jobs, and the job market right now is his golden egg. I hate that we're taking money from these wahhabi exporting pricks, and I was hoping Trump would take a harder stance against them, given that he's from NYC and lost friends in 2001. It's probably not going to happen, and it's one of the things that disappoints me with this presidency.

4 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The "sales" are a mirage manufactured by the Saudis. Most of it is just a "promise" to buy later down the road.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/10/11/trumps-billion-arms-sales-saudi-arabia-still-fake/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.804afbebdbf2

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The "sales" are a mirage manufactured by the Saudis. Most of it is just a "promise" to buy later down the road.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/10/11/trumps-billion-arms-sales-saudi-arabia-still-fake/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.804afbebdbf2

Washington Post equals:   FAKE NEWS

6 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

It's clear to me that nothing is going to be done. Trump has already demonstrated he has no issues working with authoritarian leaders. 50% of his campaign is on jobs, and the job market right now is his golden egg. I hate that we're taking money from these wahhabi exporting pricks, and I was hoping Trump would take a harder stance against them, given that he's from NYC and lost friends in 2001. It's probably not going to happen, and it's one of the things that disappoints me with this presidency.

Trump has promised severe punishment against Saudi Arabia if after the investigation it is proven the Saudis sanctioned the murder of the journalist. I would think Trump would have to follow through with  it.

I thought Trump has been too complimentary of Erdogan in Turkey but when it came down to playing hardball to get the pastor released he got it done. The jury is still out with North Korea but so far I agree with what he is doing if the end result is a denuclearized Korea. (As long as we keep the sanctions on until we actually see results). 

Nothing will be done to Saudi Arabia. We've been kissing their butt since the 70's.

Trump spoke with the prince yesterday and then came out with the "rogue killers" bs. The story that they are preparing to release is that 15 guys flew from SA to the consulate in Turkey. They were supposed to kidnap and torture Khashoggi but--oops!--the fukker died on them. They haven't decided whether or not to say if the prince knew about it beforehand.

"Mistakes were made."

trump helped concoct that story guarandamnteed.....that is a piece of trump whorseshit special if ive ever heard one. If they had come up with tgat one it would have been out there day one. But trump talks to.them and all of a sudden theres this likely story eerily reminiscent of trumps likely stories about this and that...

34 minutes ago, Dste Ace said:

Nothing will be done to Saudi Arabia. We've been kissing their butt since the 70's.

Trump spoke with the prince yesterday and then came out with the "rogue killers" bs. The story that they are preparing to release is that 15 guys flew from SA to the consulate in Turkey. They were supposed to kidnap and torture Khashoggi but--oops!--the fukker died on them. They haven't decided whether or not to say if the prince knew about it beforehand.

"Mistakes were made."

The Saudis are that close a friend overall - so much of their society is hostile to the west - that is where osama bin rotten came from....

I heard on Fox News that the "interrogation" was not approved by the prince, nor the gov. but the guy died on them.

then why the approval ? to cut him up and hide him...or was that not approved...

I guess it's like selling military hardware to the old iran Shah, to counter iran, only to have iran become our enemy.

Archived