THE BROWNS BOARD

Chargers - call your shot

jcam222

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can win this game, but both Rivers and Eckeler are playing pretty well, so I don't see us keeping them under 20 points

Chargers 21

Browns 28

12 minutes ago, Nero said:

I think we can win this game, but both Rivers and Eckeler are playing pretty well, so I don't see us keeping them under 20 points

Chargers 21

Browns 28

Ravens averaged 30 points per game across 4 games. 9 points vs. us with no TD’s allowed. 

7 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Ravens averaged 30 points per game across 4 games. 9 points vs. us with no TD’s allowed. 

Ok so then I'll change my prediction to Browns 28, Chargers 21.

We beat them for our only win in 2016.

They didn't let that happen last year so we got zero wins.

This year we tie 20-20.  Each kicker misses an extra point and a FG.

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Oh please. Everyone knows this is just copycatting LSU baseball from 2016.

https://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/lsu-baseball-rally-possum-050816

Nobody gives AF about LSU baseball besides LSU baseball.  Half of their fanbase just waits for football season the same way Kentucky fans just "get through" football season. 

In short, not a one person would notice a copy cat. 

48 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Nobody gives AF about LSU baseball besides LSU baseball.  Half of their fanbase just waits for football season the same way Kentucky fans just "get through" football season. 

In short, not a one person would notice a copy cat. 

You  are so wrong in so many ways about LSU baseball. 6 time National Champs since 1991 and 18 appearances in the College World Series since 1986. They take it serious down there in Baton Rouge.

And one person did in fact notice a copy cat.......................me.😛

12 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You  are so wrong in so many ways about LSU baseball. 6 time National Champs since 1991 and 18 appearances in the College World Series since 1986. They take it serious down there in Baton Rouge.

It would be a copycat if we had actually heard of the LSU Baseball thing.

I think it is a more organic thing ... the possum shows up/the team wins/guys make t-shirts.

Besides, before the "Kardiac Kids" there were the "Cardiac Cards"

So now with the passing of Chargers owner Alex Spanos.. Will the Chargers get even more help from Vegas and the Refs this Sunday...?

29 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Proximity.  People from LA go to Texas for fun and to bandwagon off the Dallas and Horns fans.  If you weren't in the southwest you wouldn't know.  

My theory and I'm sticking too it. 

I wanna do a little bit more research on the Bolts before making the prediction, but I've watched them play several times this year, and they're tough. As slow as he is, Rivers is very difficult to get down, as he's quite adept at recognizing defenses and getting rid of the rock quickly and accurately. Very few QBs get as much YAC as Rivers (in my mind. Not sure about the stats), and I can already see those obnoxious pick plays, rub routes, and crossing patterns. The "Captain Obvious Key to the Game" is getting pressure on Rivers and maybe more importantly, getting hands up at the line of scrimmage to get deflections. We're getting a pick-6 soon, and I hope it's Sunday! 

It's definitely a boon to have Bosa on the sidelines, as he is an absolute beast. We have our own beast in Garrett, and we're going to need a dominant performance from him. Chargers have no shortage of offensive weapons, and it's almost impossible to believe Antonio Gates is still out there making it happen. Young WR Mike Williams is also coming on strong after an injury-plagued 2017, so he'll need to be kept in check. If we get beaten deep, there aren't many QBs better at nailing the deep ball. We need another suffocating outing from Gregg Williams' defense to keep our home winning streak alive. 

The research I want to do on the Bolts is primarily on their defensive side. Does anybody have some good info to share? I assume their secondary is still legit, and we were able to pass on them somewhat last year, but that's also because we had Gordon. In fact, Gordon should have been over 200 yards receiving, but Kizer has the accuracy of Stevie Wonder. 

Go Brownies! 

2 hours ago, nickers said:

So now with the passing of Chargers owner Alex Spanos.. Will the Chargers get even more help from Vegas and the Refs this Sunday...?

No...he's not been involved with the team for years.   If he was still involved and in better health, the team would never have left San Diego. 

6 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

The research I want to do on the Bolts is primarily on their defensive side. Does anybody have some good info to share

front 7 is not very good without joey. Melvin ingram only has 2.5 sacks. Their leading sacker is derwin james, the FS. So u can tell that pressure comes from blitzes. We run the ball up that a-ss for a quarter or 2 and that defense will fold. Rem the browns teams of the last 2 years gave these chargers a tough fight...think about that. We beat them 2 years ago and had a close game last year that came down to kizer shtting himself. The worst 2 year team maybe in nfl history gave the chargers a loss one year and a fight the next....

im hoping joey sees the writing on the wall cause once rivers retires thats it....they go back to what they were pre rivers and prob worse now that they're in a city that gives zero fuks about em

come back to ohio joey.....ur ~2 hours away from osu. U can drive down for every big game and sit on the sidelines

4I1F.gif           

The B's have a huge lead in this year of Man-crushes..Browns,Baker,Buckeyes,Bosa and some guy named Barkley...few more B's? Were kicking the Bolts with Benjamin in the Balls!!     

We're looking pretty good injury-wise... LAC can't say the same.

Cleveland Browns

Day-Player

Wednesday-James Burgess Jr., LB --- Limited Participation in Practice (knee)

Wednesday-Seth DeValve, TE --- Limited Participation in Practice (hamstring)

Wednesday-E.J. Gaines, CB --- Limited Participation in Practice (groin)

Wednesday-Desmond Harrison, T --- Full Participation in Practice (knee)

Wednesday-Rashard Higgins, WR --- Did Not Participate in Practice (knee)

Wednesday-Damarious Randall, CB --- Limited Participation in Practice (heel)

Los Angeles Chargers

Day-Player

Wednesday-Joe Barksdale, T --- Limited Participation in Practice (knee)

Wednesday-Travis Benjamin, WR --- Did Not Participate in Practice (foot)

Wednesday-Joey Bosa, DE ---Did Not Participate in Practice (foot)

Wednesday-Jatavis Brown, LB --- Did Not Participate in Practice (groin)

Wednesday-Virgil Green, TE --- Full Participation in Practice (ribs)

Wednesday-Russell Okung, T --- Limited Participation in Practice (groin)

Wednesday-Mike Pouncey, C --- Limited Participation in Practice (knee)

Wednesday-Damion Square, DT --- Full Participation in Practice (shoulder)

Wednesday-Caleb Sturgis, K --- Limited Participation in Practice (quadriceps)

Wednesday-Kyzir White, LB --- Did Not Participate in Practice (knee)

What to do, hmmmm? Why not let's consult the ESPN power rankings I know guys like our Gipper hate these things but what the he11.

14. Los Angeles Chargers

Record: 3-2
Week 5 ranking: 16gn-arrow.png

Rest-of-season SOS ranking: 20th. The Chargers' toughest remaining game will be in Week 13 at the Steelers, where FPI gives Los Angeles a 35 percent chance to win. Last time these teams met in Pittsburgh was in 2012 when the Chargers led by as many as 24 points in their 34-24 win. That remains the Steelers' largest deficit at any point in a home game in the past 10 seasons. -- Koontz

18. Cleveland Browns

Record: 2-2-1
Week 5 ranking: 23gn-arrow.png

Rest-of-season SOS ranking: 2nd. The Browns' toughest remaining game is Week 8 at the Steelers, where they have a 16 percent chance to win, according to FPI. Cleveland already has tied the Steelers this season, and they are the only team in NFL history to be tied at some point in the fourth quarter of each of their first five games in a season. -- Clawson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SO the LA-LA Rams should be the play here but screw it.....the BROWNS both cover and win this one and not by a last second FG.

BROWNS 34    LA-LA Rams 17    Book it Dano.

Archived