THE BROWNS BOARD

The official Terry Pluto thread

Westside Steve

Like myself...for those that *have not* seen? this from espn...

I agree with Baker betting on himself..When hasn't he?.. what I don't agree with? 🤓 Is the time frame of MKC, *maybe October* Zona comes to town with the hardest part of the schedule on Oct. 17th & after... We should know where Baker's focus will be.. the FiNisH!

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

We should know where Baker's focus will be.. the FiNisH!

If we've won enough that The FiNisH matters then I think we know where his focus will be.

4 hours ago, ATOM said:

vette its africa hot out there

There's this Trump guy at work who agrees that scientists don't know what's causing global warming, or if it even exists.  I told him that he and Trump should go down two floors to the geology dept and have a professor show them the ice cores.  They clearly show the increase in carbon levels in the atmosphere starting in the 1800's alongside the Industrial Revolution, and those levels steadily rising through to today.  - Scientists know that we did it.  (there's other ways that they know that we're the main cause of climate change, the ice cores are just the easiest to explain)

.......and now back to the, 'Baker is a system QB'  theory.

Not feeling Terry giving this failure a platform...

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/06/joe-banner-on-why-signing-baker-mayfield-now-makes-sense-for-browns-terry-pluto.html

... and a payperview one at that...

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/06/joe-banner-on-why-signing-baker-mayfield-now-makes-sense-for-browns-terry-pluto.html

try it again 🤓.. Heck i had half it read before the box even loaded.. psst! 🤫 you can read  the rest by strolling single lines, just above the box...stay cheap my friends 

GIF surpresa, caray, amis, best animated GIFs ami, omg, shocked, wow, free download sorpresa, surprise, matt leblanc, woah, shock, choque, joey tribbiani, friends tv, amigos, amigo, sorprendido, asombro, uau, waouh, choc, opa, friends, ay dios mio, oh my god

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Terry needs to update his sources if he is still using Banner.

Z

On 6/29/2021 at 4:25 PM, Tour2ma said:

They can't spell.. nor remember active browns player names :huh:... but here's a peek behind Banners crazed eyes on Bakers contract...

https://www.brownsnation.com/joe-banner-talks-how-he-would-handle-baker-mayfields-contract/

ImageImage   

1. Patrick Mahomes: extension of 10 years, $450 million
  2. Tom Brady: 2 years, $50 million
  3. Aaron Rodgers: extension of 4 years, $134 million
  4. Russell Wilson: extension of 4 years, $140 million
  5. Josh Allen: rookie deal – 4 years, $21.2 million
  6. Dak Prescot: 4 years, $160 million
  7. Matt Ryan: extension of 5 years, $150 million
  8. Kirk Cousins: extension of 2 years, $66 million
  9. Baker Mayfield: rookie deal – 4 years, $32.7 million
  10. Lamar Jackson: rookie deal – 4 years, $9.5 million

crazy scratch! 🤓..  who see's Lamar/Allen or Baker taking less than Prescott's 40M/season?

I don't think Banner's 38M/ will get any of these deals done?..Just over Dak's deal of 40M just might?..Can ya image what Rodgers or Wilson might see next? Is the D. Watson case ever going to be heard? or Do they even have a case? Is a Watson trade now : -)  less < than a Lamar or Baker new deal? How bout nipping this one in the butt 1st nfl.. 

Edit 7-9-----  https://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/projecting-analyzing-baker-mayfields-financial-future-1251/

Brady just loves winning SB rings holding 25M/ money clips...

Dak saw 126M of his new contract guaranteed...Myles Garrett saw a 100M..   3 rookie QB's are about to scratch their millions... while Brees & Rivers hit the NFL retirement exits ..

Happy Friday!

Edit 7/11 https://www.brownsnation.com/which-qb-contract-is-the-best-comparison-for-mayfields-extension/  was it something that I said? ;)

• Thanks 1

Pends on who you ask?

PFF came around to us! and.. ESPN to Cowherd's mantra is to hate us.. here's more unblocked Terry from today. Always a good honest source..

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/07/are-browns-over-hyped-what-about-special-teams-nick-chubbs-contract-hey-terry.html

I see the big media browns hype tread becoming more real.. 🤷‍♂️ and that's OK ! !

I like the question about whether Baker is tough enough to handle the pressure. The guy has played with a chip on his shoulder from high school on and proven at every level he is more than tough enough. So the answer is...................................................

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gumby73 said:

The BROWNS' MVPs Mayfield and Chubb ?   And just like the adage about there's only one football there's only so much money to go around...... but Chubb is 🗝️ key to having a serious playoff contender (Hunt is also important).

........The way Chubb hands the ball back to officials after scoring a TD reminds me of Jim Brown, who said: “Act like you’ve been there before” when crossing the goal line. Chubb isn’t Brown, but he is close in terms of the combination of speed and strength.

• Upvote 1

Hey, Terry: Who on the 2021 roster is the unknown impact player we should pay attention to this season? – Stephanie Morman

Hey, Stephanie: This stumped me for a while. Demetric Felton is sixth-round pick and a running back. He should play a lot in the preseason and I expect him to impress.

------------   .........just quotin'.........

On 7/22/2021 at 6:43 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Can't believe we are just over three weeks away from the Browns first preseason game...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WHAT I’M HEARING

#1. I can easily play fan of.. waiting on a winner of Newsome vs Greedy 🥊

#2. What i like is? The loser... only has to be better than Terrance Mitchell or Kevin Johnson? adding Troy Hill makes all this look like a positive

#3. I can't get on-board the train of Nick Harris replacing Tretter at Center yet.. But I want to keep Bitonio & Teller, longer than i do JC Tretter..Tretter's long listed injury history.. can't walk around wounded forever? can he? Enter my Training Camp early sleeper...Whom sits 3rd at center behind Nick Harris at ourlads.. Bill Callahan had to have some 'kind of doings' of picking him up way late in the season? He also coached him in Washington.. A un-sung hero, playing only 2 of the biggest games we had... https://www.brownsnation.com/cleveland-browns-sign-blake-hance-to-2-year-deal/  a 2 year deal has to say something about what Berry liked in his play? I also, don't know if Chris Hubbard makes this teams cut? Hubbard may start on PUP list to start season(knee) I could easily see Berry giving Callahan a cheaper OL depth chart of Hance/Dunn & Senat to try to tie-up Joel & Teller..🤔

#4. I'm interested to see... what weight Andrew 'tank' Billings comes back to play at, at camp? I'd like to think Billings & Malik Jackson were brought in to clog that 1 gap? I'm staying tuned in,, to Joe Woods choice on this position choice too..  

#5. DE has a focus group of only... Clowney & Tak & Weaver.. out of the rest I'm pulling for Porter 'gust'oh' Gustin, to just make the 53 man...

#6. Our best 2 Lb'ers should stay on the field.. At this time that's Anthony Walker & Malcolm Smith! until somebody younger can *really* take their spot..

#7. I'd like to think our future looks bright with Delpit/Harrison & Phillips... I doubt we'll be seeing JOK's rookie numbers of a MLB of the likes of Patrick Queen at Ravens...but JOK's coverage numbers should be better than Queens?  So I can't wait to see JOK's pro-day numbers of 6'1 221lbs somewhere sandwiched in-between Travis Kelsey in week 1👀 another stay tuner... 

#8. Ah crap! 💩 I totally forgot about us drafting Hudson.. forget everything i babbled on about in #3 🤓...1 of Hudson/Dunn/Hance or Senat would need protected on ps..

Does the rule still apply? where 4 ps players can go to ps without* getting exposed to the NFL wavier wire?

On 7/25/2021 at 10:15 AM, gumby73 said:

Does the rule still apply? where 4 ps players can go to ps without* getting exposed to the NFL wavier wire?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31869693/nfl-carry-flexible-roster-rules-2021

The rules include:

• Expansion of practice squads to 16 players, including up to six who have more than two accrued seasons.

• The ability to protect up to four practice squad players per week from being signed by other teams.

• Elevation of up to two practice squad players to the active roster, without removing any current players, before 4 p.m. ET the day before a game.

• Elevation of an additional practice squad player within 90 minutes before kickoff in the event of a late COVID-19 positive test result.

• Players placed on injured reserve can return after three weeks, rather than six as in normal seasons.

• Removal of the limit for how many players can be activated from injured reserve.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...