THE BROWNS BOARD

The official Terry Pluto thread

Westside Steve

24 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Why?

If THIS is Stefanski's offense running at full steam, I think it is limited. 

Baker today is not a dynamic quarterback. He's a QB that when everything is going well can be competent for sure, but he's not someone who is going to shred a good defense. 

I'm hoping that Stefanski and Co. are treating him almost as a rookie this season, and he will progress in the future years.

Because if this is it, I don't think it is enough for the Browns to move into elite, Super Bowl contention.

And I say this as someone who all and all has been very impressed with Stefanski this season.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

If this IS Stefanski's offense running at full steam, I think it is limited. 

Baker today is not a dynamic quarterback. He's a QB that when everything is going well can be competent for sure, but he's not someone who is going to shred a good defense. 

I'm hoping that Stefanski and Co. are treating him almost as a rookie this season, and he will progress in the future years.

Because if this is it, I don't think it is enough for the Browns to move into elite, Super Bowl contention.

And I say this as someone who all and all has been very impressed with Stefanski this season.

You mean, sorta like Bart Starr? 😉

Mike

56 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You think the NFL in 2020 might be slightly different than the NFL in 1960?

Yep, but similar style of play THIS year HAS taken the Browns to 7-3.

Mike

12 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Yep, but similar style of play THIS year HAS taken the Browns to 7-3.

Mike

And they got their doors completely blown off by the teams they are chasing in this division. 

And yes I know Baltimore is behind the Browns in the standings, but I think we can agree that as a franchise the Browns aren't quite where Baltimore is year in and year out. 

36 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

And they got their doors completely blown off by the teams they are chasing in this division. 

And yes I know Baltimore is behind the Browns in the standings, but I think we can agree that as a franchise the Browns aren't quite where Baltimore is year in and year out. 

There is no doubt we aren't where the Ravens & Steelers are yet, that takes time, but I do believe a lot of pieces, on & off the field, are falling in place.

Mike

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Well, if the Browns beat the Jags, and the Steelers beat the RFs...then THIS  we will have a 2 game lead over theme.    So all those past years will be OUT and this year we would be the ones IN. 

9 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

There is no doubt we aren't where the Ravens & Steelers are yet, that takes time, but I do believe a lot of pieces, on & off the field, are falling in place.

Mike

See above....you are right, we would not be where the Ravens are.....we would be better.    And if we beat Jax, our record will be better or as good as any team in the NFL except....the Steelers, Chiefs, and Saints   (assuming they beat Denver). 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

See above....you are right, we would not be where the Ravens are.....we would be better.    And if we beat Jax, our record will be better or as good as any team in the NFL except....the Steelers, Chiefs, and Saints   (assuming they beat Denver). 

Stop being so myopic. 

Finishing ahead of a traditional playoff team for two decades ONCE doesn't mean anything if the Browns fall apart again next season, which is what they did the TWO times they actually finished higher than .500 since 1999. 

16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Stop being so myopic. 

Finishing ahead of a traditional playoff team for two decades ONCE doesn't anything if the Browns fall apart again next season, which is what they did the TWO times they actually finished higher than .500 since 1999. 

Well I’m talking about the here and now. And for the here and now,  and who knows about the future WE have the better record. And maybe we have a coach that will make us into a traditional playoff team . That’s starts now. For decades the New England Patriots were the most pathetic franchise in the NFL. But then they got a coach and a QB became the best franchise in the NFL. Things can and do change and hopefully they have for us at this point.   So, it appears to me that you are the one being myopic...only seeing the Browns through the narrow window of their recent past.  You may need to take the blinders off to see our potential bright future. 

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

That cracking you hear is the sound of a pattern being broken...

It's music to our ears.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Hey, Terry: How can we convince the fans if the Browns lose against Tennessee, it’s not the end of the world? – Charlie Connor

Hey, Charlie: Just say this: “The Browns are 8-4.” Say it a few times, let it sink in. Then ask yourself, “In the summer, if the Browns had an 8-4 record after 12 games, would that make you smile?”

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Hey, Terry: How can we convince the fans if the Browns lose against Tennessee, it’s not the end of the world? – Charlie Connor

Hey, Charlie: Just say this: “The Browns are 8-4.” Say it a few times, let it sink in. Then ask yourself, “In the summer, if the Browns had an 8-4 record after 12 games, would that make you smile?”

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

True.   The question will be though...where will we be in the playoff standings. 

Tough schedule ahead:   Games with  Tits/Rats/Squibs...and two on the road in NY,  though even against bad teams, won't be easy.  See:  Jacksonville. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

True.   The question will be though...where will we be in the playoff standings. 

Tough schedule ahead:   Games with  Tits/Rats/Squibs...and two on the road in NY,  though even against bad teams, won't be easy.  See:  Jacksonville. 

Well since I was predicting 6-10 before the season given the weaknesses in the defense, they have already surpassed my expectations. Playoffs never even entered my mind.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

hmmm it opens for me okay

WSS

It's all in the wrist I guess.  When I click on the link it brings me there, and then it goes black with a pop-up window telling me to sign in.

6 hours ago, Orion said:

It's all in the wrist I guess.  When I click on the link it brings me there, and then it goes black with a pop-up window telling me to sign in.

Yes I've had that happen on occasion. For some reason it doesn't with this one and I never did subscribe. Sorry Orion

I tried to copy and paste the whole thing but it didn't seem to work.

WSS

• Thanks 1

Thanks muchly WSS !

We'll see if they can prepare like they need to...so they can play well and get a win against the Giants.  It will take a certain mettle.  

These next 2 games in NY are must wins.  We do not want to have to beat the Steelers.  It seems they can trot out Curtis Painter at QB and still beat us on the final week of the season.  -  we're different now, I know (at least I think I know)...but we want to qualify for the race before the final week of the season.  Not interested in Pole Position this year.  Just get in the race.