THE BROWNS BOARD

The official Terry Pluto thread

Westside Steve

And to end the discussion:

Q: So you think they can win?

A: Of course, they CAN win. In fact, I’m predicting they WILL win: 27-24. My record predicting Browns games this year is 4-1.   :D

Good read, answers a lot of questions that we've been kicking around the past few weeks.......

......The Browns are only six games into the first Kitchens/Mayfield season. You don’t make changes at coach or QB at this point.

That’s especially true when Kitchens/Mayfield are the heart of what Dorsey imagined for the 2019 playoff-contending Browns. As he said at his press conference, the big goal for this season is to win the AFC North.

With 10 games left, that is a possibility.......

More details in the article.

Well lots of points there, Mayfield's problems aren't mechanical or physical what's that leave......ok you amateur coaches and analysts mental approach?  That should be fixable with two weeks off.  But one thing made me chuckle.

,.......This national media frenzy is stupid. The local media has been far more reality-based. Some people should be embarrassed by how they ran with a story insisting Landry guaranteed a victory........

GO BROWNS, just do it already......baby !

That's why I like Terry's writing he's generally right on the money and looking at the right things. The BROWNS should be as ready as they can be this week, maybe "perfect timing"?

Oh and the "Belichick and Brady way". Be prepared, crush the opponent especially weak teams and try to cheat or whine about everything else.  :lol:

.....2. New England coach Bill Belichick made it sound as if the Browns had two months to prepare for his team while his team had two hours to get ready for the Browns. The truth is, New England beat the New York Jets last Monday. So they are on a “short week.” The Browns had a bye last Sunday, meaning they have had two weeks to plan for the Patriots.

3. Why mention the schedule? Because it does mean something. Other than safety Damarious Randall being out, the Browns are healthy and have all their starters ready for the game. Freddie Kitchens and his staff had two weeks to “press the reset button” as the coach explained.....

25 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

"There also was a failure on the part of the front office. They thought Austin Corbett was ready to take over at guard, so they traded Kevin Zeitler to the Giants. Corbett failed so miserably he has since been shipped to the Los Angeles Rams.

Zeitler’s old right guard spot is a hole."

There is the key in a nutshell IMO.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

"There also was a failure on the part of the front office. They thought Austin Corbett was ready to take over at guard, so they traded Kevin Zeitler to the Giants. Corbett failed so miserably he has since been shipped to the Los Angeles Rams.

I have been a zealot for top-notch guards ever since Ryan Tucker was here.

WSS

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Right Guard, Right Tackle, Left Tackle.     It seems to me honestly that we only have 2 professional Linemen on this team:  Bito and Tretter.   Maybe Drew Forbes coming back can help?

34 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Is there something else it should be called?  

tumblr_inline_nvmruyO6DE1qh8qgw_500.gif

Ryan is the Country singer,  Tucker is the Western singer.

You dodged the question. You DO call it a davenport, don’t you? You and your davenport. Do you also like to sit a spell on said davenport? And how long of a spell?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

You dodged the question. You DO call it a davenport, don’t you? You and your davenport. Do you also like to sit a spell on said davenport? And how long of a spell?

What do I call my couch?  Tim.    What do I call my Sofa? Bulgaria  What do I call my davenport:  Iowa.  What do I call my rocker?  Mick.  What do I call my table?  Jose (from Jose Mesa...Joe Table). What do I call my kitchen? Freddie.  What do I call my lamp?  Freddie....after Freddie Lamp who I went to school with.  What do I call my chair?   Call to Order.  What do I call my knife?  Mack  What do I call my car?  Abraham  (figure that one out)

And now long of a spell when I ask someone to sit:   Screaming Jay Hawkins/Credence Clearwater Revival long.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

What do I call my couch?  Tim.    What do I call my Sofa? Bulgaria  What do I call my davenport:  Iowa.  What do I call my rocker?  Mick.  What do I call my table?  Jose (from Jose Mesa...Joe Table). What do I call my kitchen? Freddie.  What do I call my lamp?  Freddie....after Freddie Lamp who I went to school with.  What do I call my chair?   Call to Order.  What do I call my knife?  Mack  What do I call my car?  Abraham  (figure that one out)

And now long of a spell when I ask someone to sit:   Screaming Jay Hawkins/Credence Clearwater Revival long.

Well played, haha. Clearly you drive a Renault.