THE BROWNS BOARD

IMPRESSIVE?

Canton Mike

29 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

The Redskins number #1 defense held Drew Brees to 43 points.

The Browns “D” held him to 21...just sayin’.

Watching Drew carve up the secondary and the LBs with a combination of screens and long to intermediate passes was a thing of beauty. I'm hoping that Baker develops into that kind of QB for us. Drew made them look like a HS Defense.

36 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

The Brees game last night was like watching a made for tv special.  Kinda fishy they couldnt stop anything.

Just sayin

Yep everything is fixed.  You conspiracy guys on a message board have figured out the billion dollar NFL is no different that the WWE.

Get the fuck out of here with this nonsense.

58 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Yep everything is fixed.  You conspiracy guys on a message board have figured out the billion dollar NFL is no different that the WWE.

Get the Shmuck out of here with this nonsense.

THE NFL WAS BEHIND 9/11! 

PETE ROZELLE WAS THE SECOND SHOOTER ON THE GRASSY KNOLL!

GEORGE HALAS KIDNAPPED AMELIA EARHART!  

49 minutes ago, blitzz2 said:

I like all the comparisons to Brees, only thing I DON'T Like was Brees left SD for NO..so with that, we need to keep BM if he is our Brees

Brees was allowed to leave SD because they had Phillip Rivers on the roster.

Brees played five years with the Chargers the last four as the starter. Rivers sat for two years behind him. Brees fucked up his shoulder playing out his SD contract and the Chargers let him go and handed over the reigns to Rivers. Nick Saban was bringing him to Miami, but he failed his physical and the Saints grabbed him and the rest is history ...

Zombo

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

fuk me i cant re.ember the specifics. but did brees ever throw a single game for SD? didnt he demand out of sd after they drafted him and so some trade shenanigams were worked out and #helloPhillip. ?

Don't worry, the 25 year old Spaniard is here to help you out. 

You're getting confused with the Eli Manning story. He was drafted by the Chargers with #1 overall and wanted out, so the Giants picked Rivers and made a deal with the then SD Chargers.

22 hours ago, Mark O said:

Get the Shmuck out of here with this nonsense.

You mean he wasn't kidding??? 😧

18 hours ago, Mark O said:

Brees was allowed to leave SD because they had Phillip Rivers on the roster.

29 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Brees played five years with the Chargers the last four as the starter. Rivers sat for two years behind him. Brees Shmucked up his shoulder playing out his SD contract and the Chargers let him go and handed over the reigns to Rivers. Nick Saban was bringing him to Miami, but he failed his physical and the Saints grabbed him and the rest is history ...

I had forgotten about the Miami stop...

I know that post-surgery his Doctor gave him a 25% chance of playing again.

Very, very impressive.

Mike, I touched on this before, but it didn't catch any juice, so I will throw it out again. I predicted the unimaginable, and that is the latest NFL lines at some point showing the Browns as a favorite. Oddsmakers have already showed the respect. Only 3 down to the Ravens? 1 down to the jackoff Chargers? I Predict that the Browns will not only be the favorite in one or more of upcoming conference games but also even money or better against the Steelers in a few weeks.

12 hours ago, Zombo said:

Brees played five years with the Chargers the last four as the starter. Rivers sat for two years behind him. Brees Shmucked up his shoulder playing out his SD contract and the Chargers let him go and handed over the reigns to Rivers. Nick Saban was bringing him to Miami, but he failed his physical and the Saints grabbed him and the rest is history ...

Zombo

That was kind of astounding in it's own right and it really started when he tore through the BIG TEN at Purdue under coach Joe Tiller who BTW just died in 2017. He pioneered the then relatively new "basketball on grass" spread offence to the Rose Bowl in 2001. He (Tiller) broke into Purdue about the time my brother and a neighbor kid who was a first team All Ohio DE went there when they were not very good at football.

While Brees was there he rewrote the BIG TEN record book under Tiller, he was the perfect candidate for this exciting brand of football at Purdue. I remember when Brees & Co. absolutely stunned OHIO STATE on a last second bomb that went on to become an ESPN Instant Classic. Only recently did his big BIG TEN records fall to another OHIO STATE quarterback but it was fun while he was there.

Oh his fun and gun records:  

The 2000 team, which boasted two future Super Bowl winners, was featured in the 2013 Big Ten Network documentary series Big Ten Elite[1] and is still widely regarded by Purdue fans as one of the greatest Boilermakers football teams of all time.[2] The Boilermakers have yet to win the Big Ten championship or reach the Rose Bowl since then.

The season was Drew Brees's final year with the Boilermakers. He left Purdue with Big Ten Conference records in passing yards (11,792), touchdown passes (90), total offensive yards (12,693), completions (1,026), and attempts (1,678). Brees won the Maxwell Award as the nation's outstanding player of 2000 and won the NCAA's Today's Top VIII Award as a member of the Class of 2001. Brees was third in balloting for the Heisman Trophy in 2000. The Boilermakers won all 8 of their games when they scored 30 points or more in 2000.

Drew Brees the perfect too short maverick quarterback under the right coach at the perfect time.

On 10/11/2018 at 7:35 AM, mjp28 said:

Drew Brees the perfect too short maverick quarterback under the right coach at the perfect time.

It's funny, I can completely remember that before he was drafted the biggest knock on him, other than his size, was he didn't have enough arm. He could only throw little accurate passes. Not so much. Lol. 

In regards to the thread topic, I think it's awesome we're being noticed. I just hope we don't get totally dismissed if we have a stinker game. I'm not saying we ARE going to have one this week, but I'm one of the people who believe the Chargers are VERY good. Their only two losses came against the Chiefs and the Rams, both undefeated btw, and they played both teams relatively tough, even though the score pulled away late in both match ups. Rivers is absolutely on FIRE this year, and I don't see them taking us for granted. I don't see ANYONE taking us for granted anymore, actually. I'm making my prediction in a minute, but one thing I'm pretty sure of is that this game will be very fun to watch. 

Speaking of impressive. Anyone catch Barkley's performance in a losing effort last night? 229 total yd running/receiving with 1 TD. I will now have to admit he is far better than I ever thought he would be. Watch that 9 yd run starting at the 30 second mark. Just WOW!

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Speaking of impressive. Anyone catch Barkley's performance in a losing effort last night? 229 total yd running/receiving with 1 TD. I will now have to admit he is far better than I ever thought he would be. Watch that 9 yd run starting at the 30 second mark. Just WOW!

I bet PoG was raw by the end of the game. He probably had to consult a physician after that four hour stretch. 

10 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Their record is 1-5. Giants defense is terrible - their offensive line didn't pass protect decently most of the game. And Eli Manning was so frustrated he kept throwing inaccurate throws right and left. Barkley is terrific - but so is Chubb, with power.

13 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

One of the best running back’s perhaps in the league. One of the best wide receivers in the league. Piece of Sheet for an offensive line gives you a 1-5 record. Maybe they can have Joe Thomas come out of retirement and play for them

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I bet PoG was raw by the end of the game. He probably had to consult a physician after that four hour stretch. 

He prolly changed his underwear more times than Ghoolie had to the first time the Big Ben Fathead went up over the bed... And that ain't good because I think Ghoolie's wife had to call 9-1-1 if memory serves me right...

17 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He probably had a boner lasting more than 4 hours... I hope he got medical attention...👽

Archived