THE BROWNS BOARD

Hillard moved to active roster

LBC mike

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

I swear I made a post here...

I'd love to know if Gip's post on this thread was made late than your post in the other thread ;)

21 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Cool...

AND may mean Duke sees WR time... :)

He's been on my FL team bench just waiting for touches.......must prioritize FL first team second.  :lol:

17 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Not only does this indicate Duke becoming more of the passing game, but Hilliard could be replacing Chubb on special teams, meaning Chubb getting more involved in the offense.

Z

It all leads up to what I have been feeling.. This team.. Our Browns are feeling ripe to unload something badass against a team or 2...You almost get the feeling they can't wait to unload a big hurt on some team.. I know I myself can't wait...

19 minutes ago, nickers said:

It all leads up to what I have been feeling.. This team.. Our Browns are feeling ripe to unload something badass against a team or 2...You almost get the feeling they can't wait to unload a big hurt on some team.. I know I myself can't wait...

Agreed. So far, the Browns have shown they can.....

-Come back from a 2 TD deficit, Win close games, run the ball effectively, Move the ball well in a 2 minute offense, Score big (42), Move the ball effectively from the shadow of the goal line & come up big on D. These are very positive steps toward "learning to win" consistently. I may have missed some but we have come a LONG way!

I think a blow out win is needed & I also think it will happen soon. God, I love this Team!!!

Mike

39 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Agreed. So far, the Browns have shown they can.....

-Come back from a 2 TD deficit, Win close games, run the ball effectively, Move the ball well in a 2 minute offense, Score big (42), Move the ball effectively from the shadow of the goal line & come up big on D. These are very positive steps toward "learning to win" consistently. I may have missed some but we have come a LONG way!

I think a blow out win is needed & I also think it will happen soon. God, I love this Team!!!

Mike

I hate to sound "Jaded"... But just echoing your own sentiment "God , I love this team" I'm with ya..It feels like it has substance for once..... But.. Not getting carried away... Let's see how a couple of more games goes...

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

I hate to sound "Jaded"... But just echoing your own sentiment "God , I love this team" I'm with ya..It feels like it has substance for once..... But.. Not getting carried away... Let's see how a couple of more games goes...

Yep, but they sure are fun to watch!! Win, lose, or tie....it's never boring & there are ALWAYS exciting plays. When was the last time we had this many PLAYMAKERS on BOTH sides of the ball? Hell, I hate to get up to grab a beer or take a leak for fear of missing a fantastic play!

Mike

What is the spread on a blowout win? More than 21 points? 

On 10/9/2018 at 5:10 PM, Nero said:

I'd love to know if Gip's post on this thread was made late than your post in the other thread ;)

I wouldn't know as I have him on my ignore list and I only lift his veil for survey questions.

Blowout win?... Had to dig into the stat charts to really find even just a win... but if we break it down. 

2018 - This season has seen extremely close game after nail biting finish routinely. We need to go baaaack- 

2017 - This season goes down in history as one of the worst ever seen- The Browns were close a few times, but the football gods would never allow Cleveland to win even a single game so as to ensure that the Chosen One would be chosen at one... thus- no blowout wins here, but they did get notably blown out a handful of times.

2016 - Cleveland tallied only a single strike in the win column this season, beating the Chargers by a late field goal attempt on a blustery Christmas Eve game at First Energy... the rest of the season handed them another handful of blowout losses.

2015 - One might this season as holding the last Cleveland Blowout Win, however- beating the 49er's by 2 touchdowns when it's only a week removed from a 37-3 drumming by the Bengals, one might chalk that up to the death throws of a defeated season. Money Manziel couldn't buy a win.

2014 - All the way back in ol' 14 we find a glimmering of the last ingredient needed to fulfill our search. Cleveland's Terrance West and Brian Hoyer swung the cat around by it's tail with a 24-3 Victory over the Bengals, it's a 21 POINT victory, and I distinctly remember it feeling incredible and so satisfying- certainly felt like a blowout win. However, the cat did get it's revenge, pelting Cleveland on the top of the head with a golden goose egg, thanks Billy.

Of most notable mention- Cleveland also thrashed Pittsburgh Oct. 12th. 31-10 at First energy almost 4 years to the day. This one felt even better than the more recent Bengals blowout. I can't remember the last time Steelers Fans cleared out of our stadium before our own. It felt like cold revenge for the playoff parties Pittsburgh likes to have at our house.

2013 - Nothing to see here- just a lot of "ugh"...

2012 - Our biggest most recent blowout lead is found here. Brandon Weedone and Josh Gordon torched the Kansas City Chiefs 30-7, for a 23 point victory! Our biggest blowout also capped another mile marker in team history by capping a 3 GAME WIN STREAK! … but there must be more, right? Right? 

2011 - Colt McCoy managed just 4 wins this year. 27-19 win against the Colts on the legs and shoulders of Mr. Madden himself, Peyton Hillis- the white rhino baby! Sadly, no blowouts though. 

2010 - Peyton Hillis leads us again on two back to back victories to cliff note this season. New Orleans and New England were engulfed by the white tsunami- 30-17 and 30-14! Close again to blowouts but not quite the fix we're looking for, still not satisfied enough? Let's keep digging...

2009 - Man, it's crazy back here! Charley Fried and Josh Cribbs mark the boards up here late in the season, Cleveland rattles off a 4 Game Win Streak to brighten a dark season.

2008 - Pushing the bounds of the statute of limitations, we see that there are some places best left in the past, nothing good lives here, as evidence by three blowout losses in a row to finish the year, including two goose egg knots on the top of Brownie's furry head. 

2007 - I see a lot of wins, 10 of them to be exact. Derek Anderson and company managed 51 points in a wild shootout with the rival Bengals, and 41 points to the Dolphins' 31... Blowouts, nah. We've sucked for a long time but did we actually ever blow anybody?

2006 - Nope, gotta keep going... it's so cooold… 

2005 - Pittsburgh murdered us in the comfort of our own home... in plain sight of 73,136 people, 41-0... oh, the humanity!

………… but wait, what's this?!- Waaaay back in 2005, The Cleveland Browns skunked the Miami Dolphins 22 to motherShmucking ZERO! Trent Dilfer, Reuben Droughns and Braylon Edwards combined to open Cleveland's last can of whoopass! 

Chargers, it sucks to be you.... We're due.

3 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Yep, but they sure are fun to watch!! Win, lose, or tie....it's never boring & there are ALWAYS exciting plays. When was the last time we had this many PLAYMAKERS on BOTH sides of the ball? Hell, I hate to get up to grab a beer or take a leak for fear of missing a fantastic play!

Mike

Amen to that Mike. This is a fun team to watch because they act like a brotherhood of unselfish players and back each other up every play.

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Amen to that Mike. This is a fun team to watch because they act like a brotherhood of unselfish players and back each other up every play.

The statement that I bolded is one that all the "Hue Haters" need to read. On this Team, the offense & defense support & cheer for one another. Hue created that TOTAL TEAM attitude.

Mike

On 10/9/2018 at 4:18 PM, The Gipper said:

Or to facilitate that move of Duke to WR.

Duke is not a WR.  I do not see that happening.......and I say that even with Hue as our HC.

12 hours ago, PoeticG said:

2008 - Pushing the bounds of the statute of limitations, we see that there are some places best left in the past, nothing good lives here, as evidence by three blowout losses in a row to finish the year, including two goose egg knots on the top of Brownie's furry head. 

Uuuuhhhhhhhh

Archived