THE BROWNS BOARD

‘Late Show’ Writer Ariel Dumas Under Fire for Obvious ‘Joke’ About Brett Kavanaugh

VaporTrail

This author is tone deaf, and it's hilarious.

https://observer.com/2018/10/late-show-writer-ariel-dumas-kavanaugh-twitter-joke/

On Sunday morning Ariel Dumas, a writer for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, apologized for a good joke. Writing on Twitter, she explained that the experience of the Kavanaugh nomination had been hard for the country and for her personally.

“The complexity of frustration, anger and sadness can’t be accurately conveyed on Twitter, and I regret my tone-deaf attempt at sarcasm in the wake of it,” she wrote.

It is uncertain if Dumas was forced to make a statement by her employers at CBS, or if she volunteered the apology on her own, but one thing that is 100 percent crystal clear is that she never should have found herself in the position in the first place. The joke she posted on Saturday—”Whatever happens, I’m just glad we ruined Brett Kavanaugh’s life.”—was the latest target of the bad faith destruction machine of the right.

Almost anyone of any stature in media who dabbles in political humor has found themselves in this scenario by now. I’ve had a number of phony campaigns attempted against me at outlets I’ve written for over the years after comments I’ve made about gamers and gun fetishists were amplified in bad faith. In both of those cases, and in the one surrounding Dumas, the worst insult of it all is having to convince the people you work for, the ones who you are ostensibly politically aligned with, and what’s worse, who should know better by now, that the people writing or calling in to complain are not their actual audience and that there is nothing to be won by hearing them out. In fact, there’s everything to lose.

It’s something that supposedly neutral arbiters of such things, like centrist mind genius and CNN media reporter Brian Stelter—who shared the Dumas apology yesterday, subjecting her to further abuse on Twitter—are still either too dumb or too sympathetic to the right to have figured out. Yes, the left often engages in boycott campaigns or attempts to see figures they disagree with on the right be fired from their jobs, but that tends to be over actual, you know, harmful things they’ve done in their lives, not an obviously sarcastic joke from someone feeling sickened and wounded by the 24-hour news cycle of sexual assault dismissal and gaslighting.

None of this will ever stop from the right, and it’s pointless for any of us to try convincing them to behave otherwise. But we can expect better from the center. The right does not trust you, they do not care about you, and no attempt to placate them will ever engender you into their good graces, whether it’s The New York Times, which recently caved to such a bad faith campaign, MSNBC, CBS or anyone else left of Breitbart.

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

unless someone goes way overboard like jathy griffin or roseann, they shouldnt have to apologoze for sht

But then we run into the double standards of the liberal entertainment industry where Roseanne gets fired and liberals like Samantha Bee apologize for crossing the line and then she not only does not get fired but goes on to be almost immediately honored afterwards by the libs at an awards show:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/samantha-bee-apologizes-for-vile-c-word-attack-on-ivanka-trump

45 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

unless someone goes way overboard like jathy griffin or roseann, they shouldnt have to apologoze for sht

Actually as painful as it is to agree with you on anything I think it's safe to assume that some people are a holes at forcing an insincere apology is a waste of time. The double standard is appalling however.

WSS

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

But then we run into the double standards of the liberal entertainment industry where Roseanne gets fired and liberals like Samantha Bee apologize for crossing the line and then she not only does not get fired but goes on to be almost immediately honored afterwards by the libs at an awards show:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/samantha-bee-apologizes-for-vile-c-word-attack-on-ivanka-trump

Samantha bee said something that people say 1m times a day. I say it constantly except I have to spell it with a K now. I wouldn't even have apologized if I was Samantha. That wasn't crossing the line. Posing with a picture of the presidents decapitated head...that crossed the line. And Kathy griffin lost her entire year of bookings over it. Roseann called a black woman an ape....she lost her show. The market worked on those two instances. There's a line I think we can all agree on....ofc conservatives didn't think Roseann crossed any lines with her tweet but that's conservatives...the most blazing hypocrites on the face of the earth....I expect no less. But the middle country agreed that roseann stepped....same with Griffin. 

26 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Samantha bee said something that people say 1m times a day. I say it constantly except I have to spell it with a K now. I wouldn't even have apologized if I was Samantha. That wasn't crossing the line. Posing with a picture of the presidents decapitated head...that crossed the line. And Kathy griffin lost her entire year of bookings over it. Roseann called a black woman an ape....she lost her show. The market worked on those two instances. There's a line I think we can all agree on....ofc conservatives didn't think Roseann crossed any lines with her tweet but that's conservatives...the most blazing hypocrites on the face of the earth....I expect no less. But the middle country agreed that roseann stepped....same with Griffin. 

Don't worry Bee didn't really apologize anyway as she pretty much walked it back when she was getting her award. I don't agree at all that calling the president's daughter the c word on television is not crossing a  line. Worse yet this was not an off the cuff remark like Barr made but Bee's remarks were pre-recorded ones that could of and should have been edited out. 

8 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Don't worry Bee didn't really apologize anyway as she pretty much walked it back when she was getting her award. I don't agree at all that calling the president's daughter the c word is not crossing a  line. Worse yet this was not an off the cuff remark like Barr made but Bee's remarks were pre-recorded ones that could of and should have been edited out. 

who cares it's the word "kunt"...it's like calling someone an a-sshole. It's nothing. I mumble worse in my sleep.                         

or when listening to a west side hack up a cum loogie which apparently he calls "singing"......

rim-shot.jpg

Archived