THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday

The Gipper

Doing this a bit early this week.   Give you answers/opinions

1. Does Baker Mayfield need some kind of nickname?  If so, what?

2.  Are you happy with NFL games being on  Thursday, Sunday, and Monday nights?   Or should some kind of change to the broadcast schedule be made?

3. Are you OK with the new  Overtime rules?  Or is there some adjustment you would make?

4. There was some talk elsewhere about the number of NFL teams.   Should the NFL expand?  If so, by how many teams, and where?

5. OK....I will be the first to ask....and I apologize in advance for doing so:   What  positions would you be looking at in the next draft or FA period that should strengthen the Browns team?

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I keep my word that I'd like the offense to be Baker Company... So for me it's ''The Major''. 

2.  Are you happy with NFL games being on  Thursday, Sunday, and Monday nights?   Or should some kind of change to the broadcast schedule be made?

Games should be played at rational times. Always 1pm or at most 4 pm ET. It's a nightmare to watch them overseas, heh... 

3. Are you OK with the new  Overtime rules?  Or is there some adjustment you would make?

I'm OK. The main one I remember is the time (going from 15 to 10) and I'm in favor of that: elite sportsmen are trained to perform on a specific activity for a specific duration, anything that goes beyond that is very risky for the body and sports are challenging enough for the body limits. 

4. There was some talk elsewhere about the number of NFL teams.   Should the NFL expand?  If so, by how many teams, and where?

I prefer quality over quantity. There are enough teams with some history in the league (and then there's the damned and unsupported LA Chargers)... If for example 5 more teams joined the league it wouldn't feel the same, at least in my opinion. 

5. OK....I will be the first to ask....and I apologize in advance for doing so:   What  positions would you be looking at in the next draft or FA period that should strengthen the Browns team?

I won't talk about the draft until we don't have any shot at making the playoffs... See you on late December ;) 

No

Happy

Play a full quarter

No

Too early to know

34 minutes ago, Zombo said:

No

Happy

Play a full quarter

No

Too early to know

My answers are easy.....They're the same as Zombos!

Mike

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

No

I'm ok with it

I think it sucks.. we should have an equal first to score , wins it out right so long as they hold off the opposition till the end of OT

No!.. its watered down enough...

5. OK....I will be the first to ask....and I apologize in advance for doing so:   What  positions would you be looking at in the next draft or FA period that should strengthen the Browns team?  WR , OL, LBer

Not that he needs one, but I suspect that one will come up.  Like a lot of things, something like this should come organically, and not be forced (though I agree that it could end up being some kind of military leadership  thing).

I guess I am happy....as a fan.  I think players hate it.  Only problem is that I don't get NFL network and can't seem those Thursday games

Actually, I do not have a problem with them.....and I do not mind a few ties.    I think the colleges need to look long and hard at their horrible OT rules. They suck swamp water.

I think the NFL COULD easily  be 36 teams.   But that is not to say they should be.  But, it would not bother me if they did go to that many.

In lieu of expansion though.....this new AAF may suffice.   It is putting teams into a few cities that could perhaps otherwise be up for NFL expansion...if that were to happen:    It is going into only 2 current NFL cities:   Atlanta and Phoenix (Arizona).....the other cities teams will be in include San Antonio, Birmingham, San Diego, Memphis, Orlando and Salt Lake City

I think next year really will be a year in which the Best Player Available will really be the Browns draft mantra.   Depth on the OL, DL, LBs, DBs, WRs.....anything goes.   What we really need are some sumbitches to play special teams.  Hell, they may even need to make a kicker a priority.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1. Does Baker Mayfield need some kind of nickname?  If so, what? Baker 'Titty Sprinkles' Mayfield

2.  Are you happy with NFL games being on  Thursday, Sunday, and Monday nights?   Or should some kind of change to the broadcast schedule be made? I would eliminate the Thursday night games. You can't be a league allegedly concerned about the physical welfare of your players and then make them play games with three days rest. 

3. Are you OK with the new  Overtime rules?  Or is there some adjustment you would make? I'd go back to 15 minute OT, but I like the idea that a team can't get the opening OT kickoff, drive down and kick a FG and automatically win. 

4. There was some talk elsewhere about the number of NFL teams.   Should the NFL expand?  If so, by how many teams, and where? No. There's 8 divisions of 4 teams each. No need to mess with that. 

5. OK....I will be the first to ask....and I apologize in advance for doing so:   What  positions would you be looking at in the next draft or FA period that should strengthen the Browns team? Offense: I'd look at OTackles and wide receivers. Defense: More DLine at both DE and DT, more depth at LB, and more CBs. 

14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The Baker

Nope. Boring games. 

I liked sudden death. Simple and to the point.

Thins the talent pool.

Draft a kicker. It worked for the raiders for many years. 

Maybe not... Mayfield so...

Works for me as is.

I like the college sytem, but what the NFL is now doing is better than the old system.

36 has always been a goal with six 6-team divisions IIRC. There are deserving cities, e.g.,  SA, SD, OAK and maybe Salt Lake City, but politicking owners protecting their turf (and the value of their franchise) means it will never happen. And from a talent dilution standpoint I think that's for the better.

Stick with 32...

It's getting harder to answer this question... and that's a good thing.

On the O-side OT and WR immediately spring to mind... possibly not in that order.

On the D-side DE and DT are obvious, but a rockin' FS might top my list.

Archived