THE BROWNS BOARD

league is starting to talk about Bake....

Clevfan4life

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

Superbowl winner?! I'll take it any day of the week if he'll just match it one time.🤩

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

True that. He was a gunslinger. I'd prefer a game manager that knows when to take risks. 

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

The other comparison is Brees, I'll take either one. Just win baby!!!  

I would rather he just evolves in to "Baker".. A damn good QB we can rely on .. We're winning games because of him.. He's not on just for the ride... He's having a positive affect on games with favorable outcomes since he has started... He's doing exponentially better than the other rookies playing...(QB's)... I think that's a pretty damn good start!

4 minutes ago, nickers said:

I would rather he just evolves in to "Baker".. A damn good QB we can rely on .. We're winning games because of him.. He's not on just for the ride... He's having a positive affect on games with favorable outcomes since he has started... He's doing exponentially better than the other rookies playing...(QB's)... I think that's a pretty damn good start!

Tough to argue with that!

1 hour ago, Nero said:

True that. He was a gunslinger. I'd prefer a game manager that knows when to take risks. 

Nailed it...

Have I mentioned recently that Favre is the most overrated player in the HOF?

My point being, I would like Baker to be Favre in terms of approach to the game.  His near boyhood like giddy attitude when having fun with his team mates, the lighthearted yet firm leadership, etc etc.         But I want him to make smarter decisions with the ball and limit turnovers.

Brett won a Superbowl.   But Brett is also the reason he didn't go to play for two more.  

i personally dont see the comparison to farve. Farve was a wild man, also played in a diff era. Baker nay not have farves utter cannon either, rem farve might have the biggest arm of all time alongside vick, marino, elway...

but bake isnt wild. I think the brees comparison is better. Brees with a little more athleticism and a better arm. Bakes arm is better than people realize i think. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

i personally dont see the comparison to farve. Farve was a wild man, also played in a diff era. Baker nay not have farves utter cannon either, rem farve might have the biggest arm of all time alongside vick, marino, elway...

but bake isnt wild. I think the brees comparison is better. Brees with a little more athleticism and a better arm. Bakes arm is better than people realize i think. 

Everybody wants to pigeonhole people.   "He's the next  this, or the next that"...

The only guy that was really the "next" somebody else,   was Kobe Bryant.  He was the next Michael Jordan.   Pretty much the same height/weight/speed as Jordan.  Had the same kind of game,  played in the same system for the same coach. He WAS pretty much an MJ clone because of that.   It is one of the reasons I put MJ down on the list of "greatest players".....because along came a guy as good as him, in the same system, doing the same things.   I say they were both the product of the Phil Jackson system.

But for these QBs......we just want to make comparisons in order to make it easy on ourselves to decide how good them may become.

10 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Who the fuc k doesn't like vicodin?

I don't like having to take it.   Yes, it kills the pain and knocks me out......but I feel like a drug addled junkie after I have done so.  And it gives me the jitters.    Not saying I would never take it.  I would if necessary....but I would not want to have to.

35 minutes ago, blitzz2 said:

To hell with the comparisons, Let Baker make his own way, and when it's all said and done. They compare the new guys to Baker. When they do that, Then you know we had found our quarterback.

I’m on your page. Comparison’s are just a crutch to create a basis of comparison. If Baker’s career goes the way l think it will, within a few years he will be the basis of comparison. 

The video clip from the OP already has talking heads fawning over him. Hell, he’s still just a rookie and not really in a position to throw his weight around. Wait for that day. It’ll be fun.

^^^Dear lord!;)  I quit watching hype football tv when to many players such as M.Hodge & Heath Evans started talking:o. What ever happen to them two? Wait! who gives a _hit..And why is Susie Culver & other women talking football through my tv tube? I miss the days of Summerall,Madden,Buck,Cosell,Enberg*,E.Harwell & big red machine Marty Brennaman. Guys that could put a story behind the game i was watching..I now spend more time on game pass with teams all 22's..It's now fun to me to draw my own opinions..As for Baker? He's off to a great start. Bake has not faced many injuries in his college days. Mariota,Jimmy G.,Wentz,Tannyhill now face what Brees,Rogers & Farve has passed in the NFL..It's a long lucky road to get to Brady,Rivers,Dalton,Cousins escaping major injuries..Come year 3, my long hope for Baker has to be Brees..but my hope is Baker will take Brady money for the RingS.. the rookie drafted talent is here.Locking them up comes next..

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Nailed it...

Have I mentioned recently that Favre is the most overrated player in the HOF?

You mean the guy that Brees passed up in total career yardage last night just before he passed up that other overrated QB Payton Manning.🤣😜

Rank Player Yds Years Tm
1 Drew Brees 72,103 2001-2018 2TM
2 Peyton Manning 71,940 1998-2015 2TM
3 Brett Favre+ 71,838 1991-2010 4TM

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You mean the guy that Brees passed up in total career yardage last night just before he passed up that other overrated QB Payton Manning.🤣😜

Rank Player Yds Years Tm
1 Drew Brees 72,103 2001-2018 2TM
2 Peyton Manning 71,940 1998-2015 2TM
3 Brett Favre+ 71,838 1991-2010 4TM

Yeah, Favre sucked.

image.png

image.png

image.png

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

TBH, the comparison I see with him BY FAR is actually current QB Matt Stafford. They play very similar styles of football, and that's not remotely a problem in my book.

wait, you mean Baker? I don't see that - Baker is way, way more like Drew Brees.

Archived