THE BROWNS BOARD

cowboys vs texans....who watched that?

Clevfan4life

Just now, MLD Woody said:

Oh right, how could I forgot.

Though we'll (hopefully) be picking after that.

I'd take Oliver before any other DL for what we're looking for actually.

Man, the idea of Ogunjobi and Oliver next to each other, with Garrett on the outside is scary.

But I can't see the Browns ending up anywhere near Ed Oliver territory in this draft.  

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

and that last part may play a major part in his decision to return, if he returns

I'd be shocked if he comes back. He seems the type that would have left after his freshman year if he could have. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

so i watched his highlights vs notre dame.....not overly impressed as of right now. He has some pad level issues. And i dont see the dynamic power rush moves i see from a guy like bosa. The guy who's highlights i came across again researching gary, was Hurst. Ouch....we missed on that one. We took some guy (DE) from Fl in the 3rd round that i dont even remember his name coming up in TC. Hurst goes 2 rounds later at 140. Ah well. 

Hurst is more toward that LDE type i like. He's a little short at 6'1 but fuk it, if u can take the RT and push him straight back ur limiting the step up and if the qb spills out to the right myles is gonna be in hot pursuit.

Mo played a lot of 3 tech or further inside at Michigan and killed it there. That whole heart issue freaked people out too much.  He was a bargain way before the 5th. He's not going to be going up against a tackle much though.

I am not going to pretend Gary has been near as productive as Mo. The only  things I'll offer in defense of him is his nagging AC joint injury in his shoulder, that first appeared last year, and kept him out of the last game and a  half. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays through it the rest of the year and then gets surgery in the offseason. He's also been dealing with the SCAR Clowney treatment, getting double and triple teamed on plays because our interior pass rush isn't very good (man I miss Mo...)

He'll be big enough to kick inside though.  He's also going to kill it at the combine. I mean, I think a lot of DL in this class are going to kill it at the combine, but Gary, based on he numbers we have for him now (that already beat out guys at the combine), is going to go off.

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Man, the idea of Ogunjobi and Oliver next to each other, with Garrett on the outside is scary.

But I can't see the Browns ending up anywhere near Ed Oliver territory in this draft.  

Our DL would terrorize the NFL for years to  come... holy Sheet. Maybe we just trade up for him and go all in?

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Our DL would terrorize the NFL for years to  come... holy Sheet. Maybe we just trade up for him and go all in?

I'd have to see how the Draft shook out. From the sounds of it the Browns could just sit wherever they land and a really good DLineman will fall to them. 

just watched tape of oliver.....holy sheet. Houston uses him primarily as a DT cause #collegegame.    He's the prototype 5T/SDE. Ic more wstt than sapp in that guy. Thats my pick if he's there or we can trade up. Bosa cost too much fir a trade up....but maybe we can land him. Fuk his speed is unreal.....his stats have been nerfed playing on the inside...promise. That dude will be fire coming off inbetween guard/tackle or outside tackle

46 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

just watched tape of oliver.....holy sheet. Houston uses him primarily as a DT cause #collegegame.    He's the prototype 5T/SDE. Ic more wstt than sapp in that guy. Thats my pick if he's there or we can trade up. Bosa cost too much fir a trade up....but maybe we can land him. Fuk his speed is unreal.....his stats have been nerfed playing on the inside...promise. That dude will be fire coming off inbetween guard/tackle or outside tackle

Oliver and Bosa are going to be rated very similarly. Both near the top.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Oliver and Bosa are going to be rated very similarly. Both near the top.

Different positions aren’t they ? I thought Oliver was more defensive tackle inside presence where as Bosa was a defensive end/linebacker with pressure from the outside

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Different positions aren’t they ? I thought Oliver was more defensive tackle inside presence where as Bosa was a defensive end/linebacker with pressure from the outside

Correct. Except the Boss at LB part. 

That comment was more around the idea that we couldn't possibly get Bosa but Oliver might fall to us. They're both going near the top and both will have similar costs, IMO

16 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Hopkins got me 49 points in FF with that last reception. Now Drew Brees needs to come through with a couple of TD passes tonight for me to take the $40 prize for this week. Don't give it to those damn runners Drew! Throw it to 'em is fine though.  LOL!🤩

Thank you Drew.🤑

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Correct. Except the Boss at LB part. 

That comment was more around the idea that we couldn't possibly get Bosa but Oliver might fall to us. They're both going near the top and both will have similar costs, IMO

Well....the cost is set under  the rookie pay scale, and who cares about that except the guy who has to write the check. 

The actual "cost" to the Browns would be:  if they expect to get either of those guys, they would have to like not win any more games this year.  I think that Bosa could lose some ground, some draft positioning due to his injury and being out all year.  But would he fall into the middle of the first round?  I would doubt that.

28 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well....the cost is set under  the rookie pay scale, and who cares about that except the guy who has to write the check. 

The actual "cost" to the Browns would be:  if they expect to get either of those guys, they would have to like not win any more games this year.  I think that Bosa could lose some ground, some draft positioning due to his injury and being out all year.  But would he fall into the middle of the first round?  I would doubt that.

No, I mean cost as in draft capital. What it would take to move up to get them. 

The only way Bosa falls anywhere near the middle of the first is if his injury gets flagged at the combine or something. Even if he doesn't play another snap for OSU he'll be higher than that. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

No, I mean cost as in draft capital. What it would take to move up to get them. 

The only way Bosa falls anywhere near the middle of the first is if his injury gets flagged at the combine or something. Even if he doesn't play another snap for OSU he'll be higher than that. 

OK, I was not thinking in terms of  trading up.   But I do think that not playing would have to cost him some draft positioning.  I mean.....he was considered almost a consensus #1 overall pick.   If he drops down to anywhere below that I think his injury will have cost him.  If he were to go lower than #3  it would be unquestionable that it did. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

OK, I was not thinking in terms of  trading up.   But I do think that not playing would have to cost him some draft positioning.  I mean.....he was considered almost a consensus #1 overall pick.   If he drops down to anywhere below that I think his injury will have cost him.  If he were to go lower than #3  it would be unquestionable that it did. 

No, no it wouldn't. But we've gone over this before so I'll leave it be.

Nick Bosa's stock could drop if teams worry about re-injury. Not everyday you hear of a player tearing his "core"...

And it may be circumstantial, but Joey's inclination to be injured doesn't help Nick's case.

But on ability? Top three...

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'd take Houston's Ed Oliver too.... Aaron Donald Part II... 

Yup... The kid is amazing.

20 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And Bosa is withdrawing from OSU to focus on the draft

His injury was going to prevent him from playing this year anyway so this is probably the prudent responsible move for his futureHis injury was going to prevent him from playing this year anyway so this is probably the prudent responsible move for his future

On 10/16/2018 at 7:30 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Well Clowney played his last year just trying to avoid injury so we saw how that worked out.

True... and on it's own Nick taking a pass on the rest of his college career might not be a big deal, but taken with Joey's injury issues it just might give teams pause.

Plus there's not very limited tape on the improved 2018 edition of Nick... and what there is is largely against less than stellar opposition.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

True... and on it's own Nick taking a pass on the rest of his college career might not be a big deal, but taken with Joey's injury issues it just might give teams pause.

Plus there's not very limited tape on the improved 2018 edition of Nick... and what there is is largely against less than stellar opposition.

yes yes, fall to us nick bosa fall!!!!

Archived