THE BROWNS BOARD

cowboys vs texans....who watched that?

Clevfan4life

Holy fuk that was an amazing game. Yeah I know we all want to talk about the Browns win....but that was another outstanding SNF game. One of the things that stood out to me was how awesome JJ Watt still is. They're using him now as the LDE in their 43....and he's a Shmucking truck still. It makes me wonder how much sicker his career stats would have been if he had been coming off the edge in a 43 instead of having to do all the interior heavy lifting all those years. I mean my god the Dallas O line was nearly defenseless against him and clowney. If it werent' for Daks mobility they might have broken the single game sack mark. What was even more astounding was how Watt looked when they lined him up on the right side against Tyron Fukking Smith. Best LT in football right? Watt blew by him. Watt doesn't have to rush wide, he just takes the outside shoulder. When he was at LDE the RG had to kick out almost every time to help the RT deal with fukking watt. 

The greater point that i'd like to make....is we need a hybrid DT/DE like that on the left side. We've got that rare fukker on the right side that can drop back and still be a DE/DT. On the left side i'd like to see us get a 290'ish lb dude that can play the 5 tech in our 34 fronts and be perfectly at home carving off the RT's shoulder lining up wide in the 43 front. That's kind of why I wanted the Browns to at least give Hurst a look last year in the draft......and, well....he's doing quite nicely now at Oak doing pretty much exactly as I described coming off the left side .

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Holy fuk that was an amazing game. Yeah I know we all want to talk about the Browns win....but that was another outstanding SNF game. One of the things that stood out to me was how awesome JJ Watt still is. They're using him now as the LDE in their 43....and he's a Shmucking truck still. It makes me wonder how much sicker his career stats would have been if he had been coming off the edge in a 43 instead of having to do all the interior heavy lifting all those years. I mean my god the Dallas O line was nearly defenseless against him and clowney. If it werent' for Daks mobility they might have broken the single game sack mark. What was even more astounding was how Watt looked when they lined him up on the right side against Tyron Fukking Smith. Best LT in football right? Watt blew by him. Watt doesn't have to rush wide, he just takes the outside shoulder. When he was at LDE the RG had to kick out almost every time to help the RT deal with fukking watt. 

The greater point that i'd like to make....is we need a hybrid DT/DE like that on the left side. We've got that rare fukker on the right side that can drop back and still be a DE/DT. On the left side i'd like to see us get a 290'ish lb dude that can play the 5 tech in our 34 fronts and be perfectly at home carving off the RT's shoulder lining up wide in the 43 front. That's kind of why I wanted the Browns to at least give Hurst a look last year in the draft......and, well....he's doing quite nicely now at Oak doing pretty much exactly as I described coming off the left side .

Yeah, I watched the game, and the right team won- can't stand the Cowboys. America's Team my a-s-s.  Watt is still a load, agreed.Besides being a great football player, he's a great person on top of it. (Don't get me started that we could have drafted him- just another in our long line of screwups in that regard.)  But Don't think the Browns will go DL shopping in the next draft, at least not high. 

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, I watched the game, and the right team won- can't stand the Cowboys. America's Team my a-s-s.  Watt is still a load, agreed.Besides being a great football player, he's a great person on top of it. (Don't get me started that we could have drafted him- just another in our long line of screwups in that regard.)  But Don't think the Browns will go DL shopping in the next draft, at least not high. 

I def think we're gonna be out of the Nick Bosa sweepstakes...cause that dude is going top 3 no question, maybe even 1. But this draft is going to be the deepest DL/DE draft in years from what I've read. And plenty of teams still need QB's so the guy I described might still be there in the mid round which is where I predict we'll end up drafting. But i'm also not adverse to finding that guy in FA or in a trade. Ogbah is looking better to me, but he's still not big/strong enough to tear through people. Yesterday Flacco had a lily white clean pocket to step up into. That means our interior guys weren't getting enough push to force flacco into the edges rush lanes. And our edges were going too wide most of the game. Now I know Blt has a good O line, but are they Cowboys good? See that tells me our front 4 is still missing a piece. Ogunjobi and Garrett are world beaters....they need one more guy on the other side. 

9 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

I def think we're gonna be out of the Nick Bosa sweepstakes...cause that dude is going top 3 no question, maybe even 1. But this draft is going to be the deepest DL/DE draft in years from what I've read. And plenty of teams still need QB's so the guy I described might still be there in the mid round which is where I predict we'll end up drafting. But i'm also not adverse to finding that guy in FA or in a trade. Ogbah is looking better to me, but he's still not big/strong enough to tear through people. Yesterday Flacco had a lily white clean pocket to step up into. That means our interior guys weren't getting enough push to force flacco into the edges rush lanes. And our edges were going too wide most of the game. Now I know Blt has a good O line, but are they Cowboys good? See that tells me our front 4 is still missing a piece. Ogunjobi and Garrett are world beaters....they need one more guy on the other side. 

Make that the Ravens have a great offensive line. Yanda is a perennial pro bowler. Flacco isn't the most mobile guy in the world, and It's not just the Browns having trouble sacking him. Checked the stats. and Joe is only averaging a hair over two sacks per game.  

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

Holy fuk that was an amazing game.

Yup... Texans are the wife's team.

JJ is flashing his old from to be sure, but Clowney has come on very strong and the two of them as books ends (most of the time)??? Fuggetaboudit...

And they are missing a couple of their big folk... e.g., Convington.

Really looking forward to our meeting on Dec 2nd... Ward on Hopkins should be an epic matchup.

51 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

If Bosa is out most of the rest of this year,  there may be some question on whether or not he even comes out.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

JJ is flashing his old from to be sure, but Clowney has come on very strong and the two of them as books ends (most of the time)??? Fuggetaboudit...

Really looking forward to our meeting on Dec 2nd... Ward on Hopkins should be an epic matchup.

Hopkins got me 49 points in FF with that last reception. Now Drew Brees needs to come through with a couple of TD passes tonight for me to take the $40 prize for this week. Don't give it to those damn runners Drew! Throw it to 'em is fine though.  LOL!🤩

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

oh fuk me I forgot we play them. I just hope to god Watson is in the protocol or something, not badly hurt mind you I dont' want to see people on IR...just a simple 1-2 week protocol conveniently placed around our meeting. I don't know what our O line is going to do about Clowney and Watt. These guy aren't edge rushers, they are edge destroyers. Clowney and Garrett are comparable...I like our guy better, but we have no one like Watt. This is not a speed rusher and in this game, he's not coming up the interior where our center can maybe help. The RT is gong to be on an island against him. The cowboys had Martin check the DT's first and if he didn't have to block anyone he immediately ran out to give  Watt a shot to the ribs as he was locked up with the RT. Omg I want a LDE like that so bad. Nick has the potential to be a guy like that, but the Browns are showing me i'm going to have to start researching mid level projections in next years draft. That being said, if the Browns were to trade their entire draft if Nick falls past the first or second pick....I would not be mad. 

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I will be there in Houston

23 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If Bosa is out most of the rest of this year,  there may be some question on whether or not he even comes out.

If anything I would think it forces his hand to come out and not risk reinjury before getting paid. But then again, his bro has the $$ side down, so he could afford to go back 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

Better you bring up Mo than me. 

I also have a guy in mind for that DT/SDE role that may be available around when we pick... 

There’s a fine line between being brave and stupid and last night Deshaun Watson seemed to cross it on every series 

He’s going to get injured and miss games every year the way he continues to play 

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

If anything I would think it forces his hand to come out and not risk reinjury before getting paid. But then again, his bro has the $$ side down, so he could afford to go back 

Fair point, but unless his injury is worse he should be back for 3-4 games this season. As long as he doesn't totally poop the bed or get hurt again dude is a lock top 5 pick like his brother. Coming back to OSU (I hope he does but) would be crazy.

Could you imagine being that family? Dad a successful first round pick, one son top 3 pick and other son could also easily be top 3. Crazy.

make no mistake Bosa's coming out. I hate to say it cause im an OSU honk...but Haskins is cringy. PSU exposed him and now the book is out. He utterly yelps and shts himself clean when he see's a proper blitz. I'd love to see them put him back under center and develop some PA to mitigate the blitzes he will see nonstop till the end of the season, but this is urban meyer so that ain't happenin.  So how that relates to Bosa is I think he knows that no matter how good that D is...and it is "very" good...the offense will stutter when it sees the good playoff D's. 

11 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

do you now? tell me...i'll start watching his tape now. I got a hunch I know who he plays for.....😀

some guy named Rashan Gary, that's a DT/SDE type hybrid, is listed at 287, and might be dropping due to a nagging shoulder injury. 

27 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Well, yes, there is that.   But if he cares about his draft positioning, being out hurt most of this year could/should surely  affect that a lot.

Shouldn't it?

14 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

make no mistake Bosa's coming out. I hate to say it cause im an OSU honk...but Haskins is cringy. PSU exposed him and now the book is out. He utterly yelps and shts himself clean when he see's a proper blitz. I'd love to see them put him back under center and develop some PA to mitigate the blitzes he will see nonstop till the end of the season, but this is urban meyer so that ain't happenin.  So how that relates to Bosa is I think he knows that no matter how good that D is...and it is "very" good...the offense will stutter when it sees the good playoff D's. 

What you are saying is that Haskins is young and still learning, including learning how to handle blitzes and pressure.   Yes, he, like all young QBs has to learn that.  And he is perfectly capable of doing so. He is only a redshirt soph.   Which actually makes him eligible to come out this next year.   He should certainly not do that.  He does have a lot to learn.  But he will be a major hot NfL prospect when he does come out.

46 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

There’s a fine line between being brave and stupid and last night Deshaun Watson seemed to cross it on every series 

He’s going to get injured and miss games every year the way he continues to play 

Yup...

The announcers were making comparisons to Cam Newton last nite. Watson ain't built to play like Cam. Not even Cam was built to play like he used to play.

27 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup...

The announcers were making comparisons to Cam Newton last nite. Watson ain't built to play like Cam. Not even Cam was built to play like he used to play.

It was crazy, surely the coaches aren’t encouraging him to take on defenders like he was 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

some guy named Rashan Gary, that's a DT/SDE type hybrid, is listed at 287, and might be dropping due to a nagging shoulder injury. 

so i watched his highlights vs notre dame.....not overly impressed as of right now. He has some pad level issues. And i dont see the dynamic power rush moves i see from a guy like bosa. The guy who's highlights i came across again researching gary, was Hurst. Ouch....we missed on that one. We took some guy (DE) from Fl in the 3rd round that i dont even remember his name coming up in TC. Hurst goes 2 rounds later at 140. Ah well. 

Hurst is more toward that LDE type i like. He's a little short at 6'1 but fuk it, if u can take the RT and push him straight back ur limiting the step up and if the qb spills out to the right myles is gonna be in hot pursuit.

31 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I could of also said "all of the guys from Clemson" lol. I'm just most knowledgeable about our guys right now

I'd take Houston's Ed Oliver too.... Aaron Donald Part II... 

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Comes out of where? The locker room?  

Even with injury he's still projected top 5.  That boy gone.  

Its funny, but five years from now I'm barely going to remember that Nick Bosa played for Ohio State. 

Seems like he just played his first game with the Buckeyes, and as much pub as he gets, his brother just seemed far more "memorable" as a Buckeye. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well, yes, there is that.   But if he cares about his draft positioning, being out hurt most of this year could/should surely  affect that a lot.

Shouldn't it?

Not if scouts are set in where they think he'll be. They're confident in his skills, potential and the film they have on him. Plus his bro helps. 

Going back to school and getting hurt again could be a big blow though. I think the money is less of a deal because Joey is already loaded. 

He has to weight the pros and cons

- Come back to school, try to win it all, earn a degree (if he won't get one otherwise), immortalize yourself at OSU

- Go pro, don't risk injury, get paid, live more "freely"

17 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Its funny, but five years from now I'm barely going to remember that Nick Bosa played for Ohio State. 

Seems like he just played his first game with the Buckeyes, and as much pub as he gets, his brother just seemed far more "memorable" as a Buckeye. 

and that last part may play a major part in his decision to return, if he returns

Archived