THE BROWNS BOARD

What Does The Bible Say About False Accusers And #BelieveWomen?

OldBrownsFan

On 10/8/2018 at 7:16 AM, OldBrownsFan said:

https://townhall.com/columnists/scottmorefield/2018/10/08/what-does-the-bible-say-about-false-accusers-and-believewomen-n2526380

The brave new world of the left where an accusation with no corroboration is enough to destroy any man. Women are to be believed always. It is up to the accused to prove their innocence instead of the accuser. There is no presumption of innocence for the accused. This is the stuff of the Salem witch hunts, the Spanish Inquisition and communist countries. If you dare don't go along with the mob the Soros paid mob will come for you. Thankfully it failed (barely) with Kavanaugh. Thankfully we had some people with courage who stood up to the Soros rent a mob and the screaming banshees.

In the bible Joseph was charged by a woman for attempted rape. He was innocent, the alleged victim lied and off Joseph went to prison. Please don't tell me any more stupidity that women don't lie. The left would claim Joseph's lying accuser was a survivor. The foundations of our justice system date back to Moses with witnesses and evidence needed to find the accused guilty, not just an accusation.

It's odd that the author would use those as examples, since they were both perpetrated by Christians, in the name of Jesus and the Christian god. 

Throw Ford into the nearest lake, then. If she sinks, Kavanaugh is guilty, if she floats, he's innocent.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

It's odd that the author would use those as examples, since they were both perpetrated by Christians, in the name of Jesus and the Christian god. 

Throw Ford into the nearest lake, then. If she sinks, Kavanaugh is guilty, if she floats, he's innocent.

It is called being intellectually honest. I knew those were not good examples of Christianity. These were evil deeds done in the name of Jesus. You are aware Jesus warned there were going to be those who claimed to know Him and do things in His name that He is going to tell them He never knew Them. 

32 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

That sounds like the standard "well those aren't real Christians" response while all of those terrorists are real Islam. 

The difference is the Islamic terrorists have scriptures in the koran they use to justify their acts of violence. The Islamic radical terrorists claim they are the real Muslims because they are following the koran. 

36 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The difference is the Islamic terrorists have scriptures in the koran they use to justify their acts of violence. The Islamic radical terrorists claim they are the real Muslims because they are following the koran. 

didnt christians in decades past use bible scrips to justify not only discrimibation but also acts of physixal violence against gay people?

and do christians not abide by the forceful ejection of palestinians from their lands in 1948 based on biblical scriptures? people who did nothing to jews btw...

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

didnt christians in decades past use bible scrips to justify not only discrimibation but also acts of physixal violence against gay people?

and do christians not abide by the forceful ejection of palestinians from their lands in 1948 based on biblical scriptures? people who did nothing to jews btw...

What scriptures are in the New Covenant that speak of using violence against gays? There aren't any. This only proves my point that Muslims are actually following the koran when committing acts of terrorism while some who call themselves Christians are going  against bible teachings.

18 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

It is called being intellectually honest. I knew those were not good examples of Christianity. These were evil deeds done in the name of Jesus. You are aware Jesus warned there were going to be those who claimed to know Him and do things in His name that He is going to tell them He never knew Them. 

Intellectual honesty would be doing yourself and your religion a favor and calling your belief in it what it really is: faith, not facts. Intellectual honesty, when it comes to the atheist argument is that while one cannot conclusively disprove the existence of God/gods, there is also not enough reliable, tangible evidence to demonstrate his existence in the first place in order to prove the validity of a religion's tenets.

Objective facts are quantifiable, testable, and - most importantly - able to be demonstrated to be false when tested and better evidence presents itself. Christianity, and all supernatural religions in general, are unable to meet these basic requirements; that is the essence of faith itself. Faith is the continuing belief in God and his associated dogmas in spite of the lack of evidence and objective facts to support the existence of said God. To call your religious beliefs "facts" and not faith is to belittle your own position.

13 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

And the Bible doesn't? Did you honestly think this was a justifiable retort to Cleve's point? The Torah is littered with rape, murder of men, women and children, torture, genocide, etc - all perpetrated by God's chosen people, in the name of God, and at the very least, observed indifferently or turned a blind eye to by God, and at its most sinister, actively endorsed and commanded by God himself. To use the argument that Islamic terrorists have scriptures in the koran they use to justify their acts of violence while being cognitively dissonant about the atrocities endorsed your own religious texts demonstrates a lack of understanding on the part of you and the other faithful about what is actually written in the Bible.

And, to nip the your whole "Jesus and the New Testament isnt the Jews and Old Testament" feint that inevitably comes from arguments such as these in the bud before it's even mentioned, lets not forget that Jesus himself endorsed the Old Testament teachings and believed that the actions written in it were true and divinely inspired. And seeing as how Jesus is the Son of God, is God, or is a part of God (Christians can't even agree to which definition is true among themselves -  another testament to the human derivation of religion), that means at the very least, he acknowledged God's and the Israelites actions in the Old Testament to be factually accurate and divinely ordained; at the other end, Jesus himself is God or a part of the very God who endorsed and commanded the rape of women, genocide, etc. And this is the person/deity by which we're supposed to square our moral beliefs? Nonsense. If you want to go down this road and explore these things and claim that your religious morals are superior to those of other religions or the non-religious, I am here for you.

To claim that the Judeo-Christian doctrine is the pinnacle of moral belief is to demonstrate an abject lack of understanding of what is actually written in the Bible and the implications that follow it. And to claim that these teachings are the only thing that prevents the religious from committing immoral actions such as rape and murder says more about the moral standing of you and the other religious than it does to me.

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Intellectual honesty would be doing yourself and your religion a favor and calling your belief in it what it really is: faith, not facts. Intellectual honesty, when it comes to the atheist argument is that while one cannot conclusively disprove the existence of God/gods, there is also not enough reliable, tangible evidence to demonstrate his existence in the first place in order to prove the validity of a religion's tenets.

Objective facts are quantifiable, testable, and - most importantly - able to be demonstrated to be false when tested and better evidence presents itself. Christianity, and all supernatural religions in general, are unable to meet these basic requirements; that is the essence of faith itself. Faith is the continuing belief in God and his associated dogmas in spite of the lack of evidence and objective facts to support the existence of said God. To call your religious beliefs "facts" and not faith is to belittle your own position.

And the Bible doesn't? Did you honestly think this was a justifiable retort to Cleve's point? The Torah is littered with rape, murder of men, women and children, torture, genocide, etc - all perpetrated by God's chosen people, in the name of God, and at the very least, observed indifferently or turned a blind eye to by God, and at its most sinister, actively endorsed and commanded by God himself. To use the argument that Islamic terrorists have scriptures in the koran they use to justify their acts of violence while being cognitively dissonant about the atrocities endorsed your own religious texts demonstrates a lack of understanding on the part of you and the other faithful about what is actually written in the Bible.

And, to nip the your whole "Jesus and the New Testament isnt the Jews and Old Testament" feint that inevitably comes from arguments such as these in the bud before it's even mentioned, lets not forget that Jesus himself endorsed the Old Testament teachings and believed that the actions written in it were true and divinely inspired. And seeing as how Jesus is the Son of God, is God, or is a part of God (Christians can't even agree to which definition is true among themselves -  another testament to the human derivation of religion), that means at the very least, he acknowledged God's and the Israelites actions in the Old Testament to be factually accurate and divinely ordained; at the other end, Jesus himself is God or a part of the very God who performed and commanded the rape of women, genocide, etc. And this is the person/deity by which we're supposed to square our moral beliefs? Nonsense. If you want to go down this road and explore these things and claim that your religious morals are superior to those of other religions or the non-religious, I am here for you.

To claim that the Judeo-Christian doctrine is the pinnacle of moral belief is to demonstrate an abject lack of understanding of what is actually written in the Bible and the implications that follow it. And to claim that these teachings are the only thing that prevents the religious from committing immoral actions such as rape and murder says more about the moral standing of you and the other religious than it does to me.

You are free to believe or not believe. You can believe that out of nothing somehow came the universe and all that we see. I won't waste my time arguing with you. I choose to believe and faith does play a huge part of a believer. Heb 11:3 through FAITH we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God so that  things which are SEEN were created by things NOT SEEN. As much as you try to hate on Jesus His teachings were the opposite of your hate. Here is a quote from the Old Testament that is one of my favorites: And if it seem evil for you to serve the Lord choose you this day whom you will serve but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. On May 5 1982 at a little past 11:00 PM I turned to the Lord and made Jesus my Lord and Savior. It was the best decision I ever made . Not only the blessings I have gotten in this life but knowing my Lord and Savior has created a place for believers and physical death is not the end that when believers take their last breath in this life they will take their first breath in heaven. If you want to live without hope that is your decision. I see a life line being thrown to us from our creator (Jesus) and I choose to take it gratefully and thankfully.

57 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

You are free to believe or not believe. You can believe that out of nothing somehow came the universe and all that we see. I won't waste my time arguing with you. I choose to believe and faith does play a huge part of a believer. Heb 11:3 through FAITH we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God so that  things which are SEEN were created by things NOT SEEN. As much as you try to hate on Jesus His teachings were the opposite of your hate. Here is a quote from the Old Testament that is one of my favorites: And if it seem evil for you to serve the Lord choose you this day whom you will serve but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. On May 5 1982 at a little past 11:00 PM I turned to the Lord and made Jesus my Lord and Savior. It was the best decision I ever made . Not only the blessings I have gotten in this life but knowing my Lord and Savior has created a place for believers and physical death is not the end that when believers take their last breath in this life they will take their first breath in heaven. If you want to live without hope that is your decision. I see a life line being thrown to us from our creator (Jesus) and I choose to take it gratefully and thankfully.

and u didnt answer a single fukki g point that J made despite quoting his post. Lets just be honest, u cant. Theres nothing to say. Ur an idealogue who will go to.his frave defending the rapists and slavers of ur idealogies past just exactly the same as ur old tesrament brothers the muslims do. 

You're all dead people. Your light died out decades ago. Now ur useless scriptures are all you have.

I would firgive this if it werent for the fact that this world was built by now 100's of gnerations of men who also had their spark extinguished. Its the reason we're where we are now. Dead inside people built all of thos. Raging narcissistic sociopaths and their apologizers/enablers who are equally as dead. 

18 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Peculiar that all miracles halted after the invention of the camera.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2012/nov/23/india-blasphemy-jesus-tears

they arrested that guy cayse he told people that water u think that statue is weeping......is coming from a backed up shtter. Id think the story more hilarious if he wasnt threatened with death and had to leave the country. I hope the next guy doesnt say anything......except drink that sht up kids, thats so.e some good jesus tears drink up and get  #crunklife

2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Let's be real honest no matter what I posted would have been sufficient. I don't want to go down dueling google links road again. 

because if u do it becomes clear just how intertwined ur religion is with those hated moooooossslliimmmss. And even the breeziest most casual stroll through history shows how your religion forsake christs word for geopoltical gains essentially a few centuries after his death. Whether jesus was the son of god or not i cant really debare with u....i didnt know him.

But what i can assure u is whoever he was, he'd be disgusted by all of u if he was here. He'd have nothing to do with you. absolutely nothing

19 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2012/nov/23/india-blasphemy-jesus-tears

they arrested that guy cayse he told people that water u think that statue is weeping......is coming from a backed up shtter. Id think the story more hilarious if he wasnt threatened with death and had to leave the country. I hope the next guy doesnt say anything......except drink that sht up kids, thats so.e some good jesus tears drink up and get  #crunklife

This "miracle" has been discussed on this board already. It's Groundhog's day every day when arguing religion with people.

As I posted before Jesus Himself warned there would be many who would claim to know Him but he never knew them. I would believe anyone doing evil in Jesus's name would fit the category He speaks of. There is only one perfect one spoken of in the bible and that is Jesus. Because followers of Jesus and those who claim to be followers (but really aren't) are not perfect and make mistakes and sins it is easy to point to them and condemn Christianity as a whole. I tell people to study the life of Jesus and try to find fault with Him and let me know what you find. Would Jesus be disgusted by the actions of some who claim to follow Him. Absolutely and He said that would happen. But there is truth to the saying Christians are not perfect but forgiven. What is the definition of sin but missing the mark and we all miss the mark at times even Christians because we are not perfect but we follow the one who is.

if ur people have demonstrably failed and failed "miserably" at upholding the values of a man they cannot prove existed but have faith he did.....if 5hey cant even pass over the lowest bars.........than why the fuk should i  care about their religion or agree to abide by its principles?

i just know in the deepest places in my heart, that u people want to.go back to fundamentalism. You people wanna go back to the days a man could rape a girl and she had to carry the baby if she became pregnant. But if it happebed to one of ur daughters i guarantee thst sht would not fly

44 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

7 Modern Miracles That Science Can't Explain

God is still in the business of miracles.

http://www.beliefnet.com/inspiration/7-modern-miracles-that-science-cant-explain.aspx

Peculiar =\= miraculous. None of that is on par with zombies, people inside of whales, boats that hold two of every species of animal on Earth, etc. 

41 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Reminds me of the crying Jesus episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

What does the Bible say about people living inside of a whale?

57 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

It would take a miracle for a man to live for three days inside a whale. 

53 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Peculiar that all miracles halted after the invention of the camera.

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Peculiar =\= miraculous. None of that is on par with zombies, people inside of whales, boats that hold two of every species of animal on Earth, etc. 

Logic, it seems you've stumbled on the inverse relationship between the quality of miracles and the quality of scientific knowledge; ie. "as scientific knowledge about our world increases, the scale and grandiosity of proclaimed miracles seems to decrease".

Thousands of years ago when the Bible was written and the scientific knowledge about our world was scant, things like being swallowed by whales for day on end, Arks that could fit every species on it, stopping of the Earth's rotation so that the Sun would remain in the same place in the sky for hours, resurrection of the dead, etc. were common. But once things like the germ theory of disease, Newtonian physical principles like gravity and orbital mechanics, and evolution were discovered, the spectacle of miracles seemed to be reduced to the mundane like seeing the Virgin Mary on burnt toast and the Jesus weeping sewer water.

Archived