THE BROWNS BOARD

Going to be better than Joe Haden ever was .....

darren15

This guy is amazing. Not only defending the pass, but also tackling. Love his behaviour and how he speaks. 

Make them know your name, #21 ;)

11 minutes ago, Nero said:

This guy is amazing. Not only defending the pass, but also tackling. Love his behaviour and how he speaks. 

Make them know your name, #21 ;)

I'm seriously considering buying a Color Rush Ward jersey. 

I'm sad that today is the last time we'll see those unis this year, since we have already worn them the allotted two times for the season. 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

I'm sad that today is the last time we'll see those unis this year, since we have already worn them the allotted two times for the season. 

I was wondering if they are going to keep using those jerseys. Is there a limit of uses for the color rush unis? 

1 minute ago, Nero said:

I was wondering if they are going to keep using those jerseys. Is there a limit of uses for the color rush unis? 

I thought they were only allowed to wear them twice? 

A shame, they are so much nicer than the crap they normally have. 

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I thought they were only allowed to wear them twice? 

A shame, they are so much nicer than the crap they normally have. 

I think they can wear it once more this season I read it could be used on Thursday night and two other games..

15 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Dude is an absolute beast. Only one bad play that i remember today was where he tried to put a shoulder high on the receiver, which is very uncharacteristic of him. 

The tackle? I think that was on the HB after a catch. He's super fast and can stay in WRs hip pockets, but he isn't gonna lay the wood on a HB

32 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Those color rush jerseys are fire. Since we're already expecting a new uniform I'm hoping to see those bad boys be in contention

Me too!

Mike

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

If you find one, please let me know. I'm having no luck finding one.

Mike

Alright fellas, go back to Page 8 and read what yourself and others said about Denzel Ward when he was drafted lol

49 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The tackle? I think that was on the HB after a catch. He's super fast and can stay in WRs hip pockets, but he isn't gonna lay the wood on a HB

He laid some pretty good wood on Marshawn Lynch last week.

6 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Alright fellas, go back to Page 8 and read what yourself and others said about Denzel Ward when he was drafted lol

Not this guy I said he'll have a similar impact to the Browns as what Marshon Lattimore had to the Saints

4 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

He laid some pretty good wood on Marshawn Lynch last week.

Not this guy I said he'll have a similar impact to the Browns as what Marshon Lattimore had to the Saints

I just remembered how mad people were at the time, just opened it up and saw a few, didnt pay attention to name.

It's just ironic to me

19 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

•  

-Some head scratchers for me, but I expected that as this draft was run by real football people & that hasn't been seen in Browns' Town for MANY years. I expected some surprises.

-I got the QB I wanted in Baker, CB in Ward, & RB in Chubb, so I'm happy there. I'm not familiar at all with our other picks, so I won't comment.

My attitude in general is to play the cards I'm dealt, so "we'll see" & GO BROWNS!

Mike

I copied & pasted my post draft comments above...That's my story & I'm stickin' to it!

Mike

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

If you find one, please let me know. I'm having no luck finding one.

Mike

So apparently the Color Rush jerseys aren't as easy to buy as I would have figured... I haven't found a Ward one yet. 

On the thread premise... too early to tell just yet. Remember folks... Joe picked off 6 his rookie year and was a damn good force CB... but I like Ward's odds.

Ward has one thing Joe never did... blazing speed. Quick glance at their Combine electronic 40 times is all you need to do: 4.32 vs. 4.62... and those are the best of two runs.

What Joe had on Ward was he was stouter with a bigger wingspan.

Ultimately injuries diminished Joe. Here's hoping wishing a long, healthy career for Denzel.

16 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I just remembered how mad people were at the time, just opened it up and saw a few, didnt pay attention to name.

It's just ironic to me

Bandwagons are not just for teams.

Only issue I have with ward is he thinks his first name is TJ. I love the way he tackles but he's not a big dude, he's gonna get himself on the IR tackling like TJ used to do here. But kid brings the wood, even if sometimes it makes guys bounce off him. Amazing cover corner, that's what we need off him...not the big hits. 

Chubb is not an every down player like Ward since he shares with starter Shane Ray for the Broncos. That being said I'm glad we took Ward anyway even if Chubb was our other DE starter. He's a lights out cover corner and ball hawk.👍

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Denzel Ward is Special Teams Player of the Week.

Congrats, DW!

Z

I saw that, AND he's up for Rookie of the Week again (so's Baker).

Mike

4 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I saw that, AND he's up for Rookie of the Week again (so's Baker).

Mike

This kid does not play much like a rookie. He has no fear of either being beaten or in his tackling. Very special CB!

Archived