THE BROWNS BOARD

whats intentional grounding?

Clevfan4life

The one I think you're talking about that happened late on Flacco, there was a receiver there.... I watched it several times. He was close enough when you consider the QB was getting thrown down while throwing the ball so it looked worse than it was..... Nothing more to see on that play.

I don't remember any other on Flacco today? 

25 minutes ago, D Bone said:

The one I think your talking about that happened late on Flacco, there was a receiver there.... I watched it several times. He was close enough when you consider the QB was getting thrown down while throwing the ball so it looked worse than it was..... Nothing more to see on that play.

I don't remember any other on Flacco today? 

I think he talks about that play, too. 

If I recall correctly, there was a RB close to the area and the ball hit the ground one or two yards in front of the line of scrimmage, so nothing to complain about. Simply one sack less for our Dlinemen ;)

2 hours ago, syd said:

well with the Browns going in the right direction and winning some games the ref's will not be so quick to call or not call a crap penalty  against us (cause you all know damn good and well that's how it go's)

Yep. It's called "establishing credibility".

Mike

but since when can u be in the pocket getting dragged down by a defender and quite literally almost spike the ball infront of u? Yes, there was technically a player in that gen direction like 15 or more yds away....but the throw went like 3 yds....and no flaccos arm was comoketely unhindered. He just clearly grounded it

20 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

could of sworn there were at least 2 or 3 plays that were demonstrably bullsht. 

And you would be correct... and not just about the Browns game yesterday.

Every game I watch anymore seems to have at least one well-defended:

• screen play where the QB throws the ball at the feet of the RB (or WR or TE); and
  • fade/corner route where the QB throws the ball 6' over the head of the receiver.

And there are other examples. At least in the case of the fade/corner the ball crosses the LOS.

In the case of the Flacco throw it made it about halfway to the WR, but it seemed obvious to me he dialed up a worm burner... one with a lot of zip on it at that.

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

And you would be correct... and not just about the Browns game yesterday.

Every game I watch anymore seems to have at least one well-defended:

• screen play where the QB throws the ball at the feet of the RB (or WR or TE); and
  • fade/corner route where the QB throws the ball 6' over the head of the receiver.

And there are other examples. At least in the case of the fade/corner the ball crosses the LOS.

In the case of the Flacco throw it made it about halfway to the WR, but it seemed obvious to me he dialed up a worm burner... one with a lot of zip on it at that.

I watch Mahomes live in Denver fire a pass about 40 yards that never got over 10 ft. high, skipped off the turf and carried about another 35 yds or so. The receiver was well covered but it was just slightly out of his reach. I looked at my nephew and told him that was the strongest arm I had ever seen on a QB. How the hell does anyone catch a ball going that fast anyway?

Archived