THE BROWNS BOARD

Who else is ordering a Willies jersey?

stillmotion

Scott looked decent at TC & I have been a fan of Allen Lazard (Jags PS). Then there's always Beckham. Many possibilities, but something will happen soon. We'll see.

Mike

9 hours ago, Orion said:

We'ze in some trouble!

In the past I would agree, but there is some magic in this FO. Will be interesting to see what Magician John Dorsey pulls out of the hat this time. Most likely initial move for tomorrow is Duke in slot and/or promoting Scott due to familiarity.

Mike

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

What about that Dez guy? 😝

You guys remember that WR we had for a hot minute named Jordan Leslie? He wasn't fast, but he had terrific hands and ran great routes. I follow him on Twitter and he's still available. Obviously I'm no scout, but a guy with exceptional hands and crisp route running seems like what the doctor ordered, no? I don't understand the NFL sometimes. Not to mention he's a hard worker and a positive individual. 

Before the season, Duke said he'd be totally fine with moving from RB to WR. Looks like he might get his wish after all, huh? Maybe now we'll start throwing him the ball more! 

And I feel absolutely awful for Derrick Willies. Just terrible. The guy barely makes the team, stayed ready, and then delivered the play of the year for us. Something similar happened to Jordan Leslie two years ago. You guys remember that insane, one-handed catch he had against the Colts I think? It was spectacular. But then almost right after it, he got hurt and we cut him. We're praying for you Derrick! 

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

You guys remember that WR we had for a hot minute named Jordan Leslie? He wasn't fast, but he had terrific hands and ran great routes. I follow him on Twitter and he's still available. Obviously I'm no scout, but a guy with exceptional hands and crisp route running seems like what the doctor ordered, no? I don't understand the NFL sometimes. Not to mention he's a hard worker and a positive individual. 

Before the season, Duke said he'd be totally fine with moving from RB to WR. Looks like he might get his wish after all, huh? Maybe now we'll start throwing him the ball more! 

And I feel absolutely awful for Derrick Willies. Just terrible. The guy barely makes the team, stayed ready, and then delivered the play of the year for us. Something similar happened to Jordan Leslie two years ago. You guys remember that insane, one-handed catch he had against the Colts I think? It was spectacular. But then almost right after it, he got hurt and we cut him. We're praying for you Derrick! 

I DO remember Jordan Leslie & I also wonder WHY he is still available??? He must have some serious deficiencies for the whole league to pass him by. Does anyone have any ideas why he's still available?

Mike

58 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I DO remember Jordan Leslie & I also wonder WHY he is still available??? He must have some serious deficiencies for the whole league to pass him by. Does anyone have any ideas why he's still available?

Mike

If I had to guess it's his lack of top speed, but not sure. Perhaps he doesn't have use as special teams guy, which is generally required for backup WRs. But honestly I have no clue. I know he can CATCH, and right now that's good for me. Lol 

J.Leslie hooked on with Denver after us & was cut 9-2-18 in Denver..He knows nothing about Haley's offense. At this point A.Scott could move up from PS & camp guy, CJ Board could go to PS..trade deadline in 7 days..tic tock.. 

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm not saying it is going to happen, but I wouldn't be completely shocked if Dorsey traded for Odell Beckham. 

I would...considering the massive amount of dead money the jints would eat by trading him....ala, $41m.  

Goes down to $8m in 2021, so obj isn't going anywhere.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/odell-beckham-jr-14421/

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm not saying it is going to happen, but I wouldn't be completely shocked if Dorsey traded for Odell Beckham. 

I have been predicting that it WILL happen, but I won't bet on it. With Giants' QB woes would a package including TT & a high 2019 pick be viable? I would certainly consider it, but my opinion & $1.00 will get you a cup of coffee at Mickey D's.

Mike

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

OBJ doesn't seem like Dorsey's kind of guy. And if the Giants trade him the $40 million cap hit goes with him. Yup, the injury bug just hit the WR position. 

To quote Aaron Rodgers- relax guys, the sky isn't falling- yet. 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

OBJ doesn't seem like Dorsey's kind of guy. And if the Giants trade him the $40 million cap hit goes with him. Yup, the injury bug just hit the WR position. 

He could not get open to save his life Th night................pass.

Yeah, wasn't aware of the cap hit. Can't see that move happening with that. 

Only if the browns agree to take the $40m. That's all bonuses, not salary, so it accelerates to the Giants cap.

The Brock trade was predicated on that, for example. We took all the cap hit for a second round pick.  Given the terrible structure of obj's contract, it's a high risk move if things sour.

Prefer to just roll with our guys...next man up.

I must admit l’m of the opinion that the QB makes great wideouts and not the other way around. 

I get ponying up for Landry, but mainly because he sets the tone and raises expectations. I just don’t see the need for another big bux wideout though. 

Willies showed up last week fresh off the ps and made the play of the game. Who’s to say a guy like Scott might show up and do the same?

In baseball they have a stat called WAR, wins above replacement, and l simply don’t think there are too many wideouts out there who would significantly crack a high enough score to merit a big contract. 

Archived