THE BROWNS BOARD

Fire the Kicker

One Post

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Photo show Fells reaching for the edge man... who has stumbled and is going to the turf... while Corbett is getting stood up and moved inside.

The combo created the rush lane for the Raven that got a hand on the kick.

And speaking of getting stood up... Hubbard got freakin' owned. LAC's advanced scouts are going to note that.

The other thing that just came to mind Tour- on field goal attempts. The defense can't line up directly over the kicker anymore- or leapfrogging, meaning you're always going to have 8 guys trying to block eleven. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Now I get why Hue seemed to be telling his players to stick around after the kick... I didn't realize there was a penalty. 

Me neither. Maybe they were offsides and that helped them to block the FG.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Me neither. Maybe they were offsides and that helped them to block the FG.

Not "maybe" Nero. Take a look at the video Gumby posted. New camera angle, and one of the Ravens clearly jumped. So even if the kick would have been blocked, we still would have gotten another chance. :)

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Don't rain on Donovan's parade 🎉🎊... 

*click* for winning goose pimples..🤜🤛  

God that was incredible. I thought they blocked it. Like, fully blocked it. When he kicked, it looked very similar to the blocked Tucker kick before half, just for a nano second, but then I saw the crowd and it was pandemonium at my house! 

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

The other thing that just came to mind Tour- on field goal attempts. The defense can't line up directly over the kicker anymore- or leapfrogging, meaning you're always going to have 8 guys trying to block eleven. 

Where's our 9th blocker? Were you told there'd be no math? ;)

Six on four is as much advantage as FG defenders can get after the 2016 rule that protected the long-snapper and FG OL. Also those defenders who start off the LOS can neither push their front liners or jump. Which brings us to...

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Not "maybe" Nero. Take a look at the video Gumby posted. New camera angle, and one of the Ravens clearly jumped. So even if the kick would have been blocked, we still would have gotten another chance. :)

Front liners can still jump so long as they jump up and not forward so as to land on the blockers.

I did not know there was a flag either, but in looking at the play I think BLT violated the 6-man limit to one side of the long-snapper.

They lined up just fine...

2069747069_Screenshot_2018-10-10WinningFGatsnap.png.df512625796fe4191b316ff0630d7bcf.png

... but then the two Ravens to the left then rushed to the right creating an overload that the rule outlawed.

1692113494_Screenshot_2018-10-10WinningFGatJumps.png.bd44f1697ee09d62efe871b2b0bcd022.png

42 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I did not know there was a flag either, but in looking at the play I think BLT violated the 6-man limit to one side of the long-snapper.

correct also. WR #14 Tim White who returned 5 kicks. In Donovans video,Smith lines up at bottom of screen next to Tony Jefferson. At 9 secs. White jumps the snap count landing in front of kicker.. 

9 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I thought they blocked it. Like, fully blocked it. When he kicked, it looked very similar to the blocked Tucker kick before half, just for a nano second, 

Nah-nu..Nah-nu..Textbook block brah..

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Where's our 9th blocker? Were you told there'd be no math? ;)

Six on four is as much advantage as FG defenders can get after the 2016 rule that protected the long-snapper and FG OL. Also those defenders who start off the LOS can neither push their front liners or jump. Which brings us to...

Front liners can still jump so long as they jump up and not forward so as to land on the blockers.

I did not know there was a flag either, but in looking at the play I think BLT violated the 6-man limit to one side of the long-snapper.They lined up just fine...

... but then the two Ravens to the left then rushed to the right creating an overload that the rule outlawed.

Well, usually the long snapper doesn't block anyone...  because the defense can't hit him. :)  Effectively equals eight other guys doing the blocking....   

Wasn't aware of the other "rules" about defending on a FG....    

On 10/10/2018 at 9:00 PM, gumby73 said:

Nah-nu..Nah-nu..Textbook block brah..

That speed ain't to be messed with! 

Have 14 mins of ego with your eggos..🥞

here's the guy from the buckeyes who build success in CB's/ST's at OSU.. https://www.titansonline.com/team/coaches-roster/kerry-coombs  Hillard who was brought up from PS, is not ready in catching the punt game/Amos. Watching Kick-offs over his head for now is..So who is? with Calloway dropping ball and Peppers making bad choices? back to Landry? 

Archived