THE BROWNS BOARD

Fire the Kicker

One Post

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what you'd expect after firing your kicker in midseason. I don't expect jobless kickers to be amazing. 

Of course I'm stoked the kid made it, but you mean to tell me there isn't at least one other person walking around the planet that would be better? 

5 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Of course I'm stoked the kid made it, but you mean to tell me there isn't at least one other person walking around the planet that would be better? 

Prolly, D, but the kid got away with hitting the ball a tad high. Now I go to town building his confidence...

He's now "tested under fire".

So I ride him for at least another week.

38 minutes ago, Nero said:

I don't know what you'd expect after firing your kicker in midseason. I don't expect jobless kickers to be amazing. 

Bailey has been 1 for 3 today for the Viks so far. Crosby was one of 5 and a missed XP.

3 hours ago, D Bone said:

Probably two, but they dont' play for the Browns.

24 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Keep the kicker. Get a guy that can coach him up. 

Virtually all special teams coaches know little to nothing about kicking field goals, so good luck finding that guy. 

MKC reports Ravens PR says former Sooner S Tony Jefferson got a hand on winning FG. Comes through clean from left Amos Jones.. 

count defenders left..

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

MKC reports Ravens PR says former Sooner S Tony Jefferson got a hand on winning FG. Comes through clean from left Amos Jones.. 

count defenders left..

What I see are Browns on the right with nobody to block. We dodged a bullet with this field goal not being blocked. Seemed like #88 for the Browns should have focused more on blocking the inside threat (more of a direct shorter distance to the kicker) instead of the outside one. 

I don't know. It was an ugly butt kick but it went in and capped an ugly butt game that we WON..  

I like this kid.. Something tells me they got this pick right.  He is young and has a good head on his shoulders. The reaction to him getting the game ball in the locker room was priceless.. the guys like him and that is great for confidence. I think that confidence is a bigger factor in kicking than leg strength even..  He seems to have the later and not much of the former.. Confidence can be built.. He has leg strength He had the distance to kick that last minute 55 yarder in regular time, he just didn't believe he could do it.

The FG that won the game had no confidence behind it, but it went in anyways... He will do better.. He is young and he has the leg strength. He just needs to believe he can do it.. And that game winning FG will make him CRAVE the next clutch kick he needs to make..

BobPound!

17 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

lol... Actually reminded me of one of Phil's kicks...

... except his was 20 yards longer...

... and in the snow...

I think one of Phils kicks was described as just making it past a coat of paint or something like that...

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Bob- The Kick was partially blocked by a guy the STs players should never have allowed to get in. It's once again on Jones. He sucks.

Agreed, you look at the pre snap defensive alignment the Ravens overloaded the left side. Darn lucky the kick wasn't totally blocked. Two guys trying to block four.

Archived